Water EC Impact on Feeding dosage

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Friends and Pals,

Simple question about EC of my water and how to adjust dosing for feeding. Growing in promix HP and giving my seedlings their first feed. I am aiming for an EC of
(.6-.7) and pH of 6.2-6.3. My question is how to factor in my water quality. Water EC is (.2-.3) and when I add my nutrients based on advanced nutrients feeding chart it pops my EC up to (.9-1.0). Do I modify feeding dosing to achieve an EC of .5 to account for the water EC of .2 totaling .7 EC feed solution?

Cheers,
Landy

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Friends and Pals,

Simple question about EC of my water and how to adjust dosing for feeding. Growing in promix HP and giving my seedlings their first feed. I am aiming for an EC of
(.6-.7) and pH of 6.2-6.3. My question is how to factor in my water quality. Water EC is (.2-.3) and when I add my nutrients based on advanced nutrients feeding chart it pops my EC up to (.9-1.0). Do I modify feeding dosing to achieve an EC of .5 to account for the water EC of .2 totaling .7 EC feed solution?

Cheers,
Landy
Start at half dose.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Start at half dose.
Makes sense but how do I account for my water EC in subsequent feeds? In late Veg if I’m shooting for 1.8 EC feed, do I mix my nutrients to a level of 88% (1.6/1.8) the recommended recipe. If feed chart says add 10ml per 1 L, do I add 8.8mL of nutrient to account for my water EC.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Makes sense but how do I account for my water EC in subsequent feeds? In late Veg if I’m shooting for 1.8 EC feed, do I mix my nutrients to a level of 88% (1.6/1.8) the recommended recipe. If feed chart says add 10ml per 1 L, do I add 8.8mL of nutrient to account for my water EC.
You likely will never need more than half the recommended dose. More nutrients is not more growth and usually ends up more problems.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
You likely will never need more than half the recommended dose. More nutrients is not more growth and usually ends up more problems.
Appreciate ya dude! I’m going off my EC recommendations then. If the EC is right, the plant will take up plenty of nutrients. I gotta good light, and decent genetics so I’ll try to let them just do their thing. FYI, I think I’m doing ok not over doing it (sensi Grow , & Bloom AB and cal mag)

Much thx

Top Bottom