Weird callousing/hardening of leaves and tops

• Thread starter Kohuhu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Weird callousinghardening of leaves and tops
Weird callousinghardening of leaves and tops 2

Clones are under a 24hr 600w led light. Coming in to winter here so have a small heat pad to introduce a bit of warmth but temperature has been fluctuating a bit. Had a similar issue with some pre-season clones last year, just some of them though, the leaves get a waxy look and harden and the tops became hard and mutated as per the photo. Presumably a stress response of some sort. A bit buggered as to what it is exactly. Have sprayed for mites. Thanks

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well i think a few things are going on here, definitely environment issues- temp humidity, root issues, possibly rot from overwatering.
pests..
looks to be a monster cropped clone reverting back to veg.
take a pic of the whole plant and post ..

Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Thanks
well i think a few things are going on here, definitely environment issues- temp humidity, root issues, possibly rot from overwatering.
pests..
looks to be a monster cropped clone reverting back to veg.
take a pic of the whole plant and post ..
Thanks for the reply.

It's quite possible that this cutting was from a clone that was brought in from outside a bit late and had reverted to your monster cropping comment is very observant.

The medium is canna professional and I'm quite careful about overwatering so I'm not sure that is a factor.

Mites could be an issue. I have sprayed them with super shield.

I had a similar issue with a small number of clones of a different strain in the past. Most were fine but a few took on this hardening of the tips. These clones were definitely not monster cropped which might rule that out as being the defining factor.

They are in a converted freezer and I have only just got the temp at a steady 25 degrees so that could be a problem.

I can't for the life of me find pics of anything similar online which suggests this isn't a common occurrence.

Will flick through another pic shortly.

Cheers

Top Bottom