What do you guys think of Air pots instead of fabric pots......

• Thread starter Domon8n30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Perhaps we could surmize that lots and lots of little roots are XYZ times better for nutrient uptake etc etc than much lesser big thick cables? We can invent a new phenomena Root Enlargia, synopsis anyone?

but if you dont overwater you get tons of “fishbones”. Roots with smaller and smaller extensions branching off. Same effect.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Yezzz homies up in here killing it!!!!! Aqua for the win with that sick super white full root ball!!!! Well i guess the question is starting to morph into something deeper......think about this.....before you ask air vs fabric?
At what point does root development affect growth, and in what ways? Where are you trying to go with what you are doing?

What kind of roots do what? do a lot of micro roots close to the stem equal a lotta thick crazy cables turning into micro roots in huge outdoor soils?
Clones make a lotta fibrous roots when put outside in dirt rather than the thick cables that turn fibrous that the seed plants produce. from my experience....

roots are like leaves, like rivers, a fractal, running mycelium, branching dividing and then expanding, thickening like highways, and barnacles. calcium crystals.

Arguing about roots? not even close! your roots depend on your food, media and lighting and soil microbe health equally if not more as much as the container.

What do you think about 20 cents 5 gal black plastic bag pots? i have got four seed runs outta them and they are awesome, check my upcoming outdoor thread!!!....indoor? dumpster dive pallets and get some free coffee sacks, make nice free pots/beds??

Scale up or scale down? cost vs return? is cannabis cultivation a hobby?

Fluro

Fluro

I've only used air pots for the first time I've been using them for a lil over a month now and I absolutely love them the airpods seem like they make plants grow way faster I'm going to do a side by side clone test soon as I start growing my photos going to pick three healthy clones from the same plant and I'm going to use fabric pot, air pot, and a regular gardening pot 5 gallon each and see what happens. I'll keep you guys updated if y'all are interested...
I'm interested, I'm going to order 3 of the 48 litre air pots and keep two in fabric, I haven't got clones but I'll put the best and the runtiest in the air pots. (they're only 330 - 450mm high at the moment, will give the girls room to play ha ha) But cooling off here in NZ a bit so they will change naturally to flower when the days get a bit shorter, hopefully not for another month at least. Let's see what a newbie can do.

Fluro

Fluro

Yezzz homies up in here killing it!!!!! Aqua for the win with that sick super white full root ball!!!! Well i guess the question is starting to morph into something deeper......think about this.....before you ask air vs fabric?
At what point does root development affect growth, and in what ways? Where are you trying to go with what you are doing?

What kind of roots do what? do a lot of micro roots close to the stem equal a lotta thick crazy cables turning into micro roots in huge outdoor soils?
Clones make a lotta fibrous roots when put outside in dirt rather than the thick cables that turn fibrous that the seed plants produce. from my experience....

roots are like leaves, like rivers, a fractal, running mycelium, branching dividing and then expanding, thickening like highways, and barnacles. calcium crystals.

Arguing about roots? not even close! your roots depend on your food, media and lighting and soil microbe health equally if not more as much as the container.

What do you think about 20 cents 5 gal black plastic bag pots? i have got four seed runs outta them and they are awesome, check my upcoming outdoor thread!!!....indoor? dumpster dive pallets and get some free coffee sacks, make nice free pots/beds??

Scale up or scale down? cost vs return? is cannabis cultivation a hobby?
At $600 an ounce.......nice hobby

Fluro

Fluro

At $600 an ounce.......nice hobby
But you are right, so many variables. We can but try different things, that's part of the fun of it. They are such a pretty plant, they look so nice out on the patio, and they smell so good.

Fluro

Fluro

but if you dont overwater you get tons of “fishbones”. Roots with smaller and smaller extensions branching off. Same effect.
Thanks for that, that's interesting to know. So that would tie in with the air and fabric as 'apparently you can't overwater them'

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I've yet to try airports, but I've been using "smartpots" for a few months now. Brand name ones and a couple other types. First part that weirds me out is I have multiple different 2 gallon sizes. Some are much wider and more shallow. The brand name SPs are taller and skinnier than the others, definitely preferred. My biggest issue though, is Im on my second run and roots are already pushing through on em. Each container has had a couple roots show up every couple days as of late. To me that means they're shit. Their re-usability for at least a few runs was a major selling point for me. I mean plus they no longer "air prune" soooooooo.... Hot garbage.

Fluro

Fluro

I've yet to try airports, but I've been using "smartpots" for a few months now. Brand name ones and a couple other types. First part that weirds me out is I have multiple different 2 gallon sizes. Some are much wider and more shallow. The brand name SPs are taller and skinnier than the others, definitely preferred. My biggest issue though, is Im on my second run and roots are already pushing through on em. Each container has had a couple roots show up every couple days as of late. To me that means they're shit. Their re-usability for at least a few runs was a major selling point for me. I mean plus they no longer "air prune" soooooooo.... Hot garbage.
Do you have those bags at your supermarkets, instead of plastic ones, the reusable ones. We Get them for a dollar each At the check out And they say When they wear out bring them back and we will replace them free . Well I put my mouth up against them and I could breathe through them So I assume they work like smart pots. One has already started ripping on me They hold about 12 L of Potting mix so they would probably be used outside They might last for a grow you may be able to use them The water seems to drain out of them ok . One of the guys Suggested Drilling lots of holes in your plastic pots That seems like a cheaper alternative And you could use them over and over again Just a Thought . Read all the whole thread And you have some good ideas there

Fluro

Fluro

od1n

od1n

i have used both regular and air pots. didnt see any difference so I sticked to regular ones

Fluro

Fluro

i have used both regular and air pots. didnt see any difference so I sticked to regular ones
First time and I've only used fabric but if you're moving them around outside the soil cracks when you move them.
Transposed one today, cut away the shpping bag and rootball held the potting mix together
I got some 48 litre air pots to transfer them into but have you felt the weight of those f*ckers wet weight especially. Need to move them around to get sun on all sides and maximize light source (plus to hide them if people come over). Too flimsy to handle the dragging but I thought up a good idea. sit them inside bigger plastic barrels, I'm going to cut down some 200 litre used plastic barrels I scored for free (probably easy to get anywhere) plus drape a soaked hessian sack over the top to reduce moisture loss. Will work a treat.

20210215 154713
20210215 154726
20210216 003733
20210216 083623
Fluro

Fluro

I also enjoy the adjustability, functionality and longevity.. I just finished a cannabis grow and combined 2-5 gal. and will transfer my tomato plants next month. Growing with the same pots 6 plus years. i
Hi Quirk. I'm growing for the first time outside (I know the picture says differently but I just threw a couple of seedlings the next door neighbors sons mum had ripped out and thrown in my bin a bout 6 years ago), and just watered them.
What sort of soil mix do you use for your outdoor pots? I've been researching and people are saying amazing things about 20% worm castings mixed in. I'm just about to re pot my last four into 48 litre air pots
I still use a grow rack. Just not for production. You’re right on the pot sizing. Which is why I prefer the plastic nursery pots. In a 2 gallon nursery pot I’m using about 1.5 gallons of soil but yielding 3-3.5/oz per plant. Not too bad IMO. But I want to see what these fabric smart pots will do. I don’t expect much more yield but if it’ll cover the cost of extra soil then I’m down. We’ll see if that happens.
Just curious. I keep hearing about the cost of extra soil. Does it have gold dust sprinkled in it or are you guys so wacked you spend all your money on tasty snacks, and you don't have a job?🤣🤣🤣

Fluro

Fluro

Hi Quirk. I'm growing for the first time outside (I know the picture says differently but I just threw a couple of seedlings the next door neighbors sons mum had ripped out and thrown in my bin a bout 6 years ago), and just watered them.
What sort of soil mix do you use for your outdoor pots? I've been researching and people are saying amazing things about 20% worm castings mixed in. I'm just about to re pot my last four into 48 litre air pots

Just curious. I keep hearing about the cost of extra soil. Does it have gold dust sprinkled in it or are you guys so wacked you spend all your money on tasty snacks, and you don't have a job?🤣🤣🤣
Please don't report me I had to share this.

144508954 120403873294571 1430030493424053455 n
Top Bottom