Why is there yellowing between veins of my leaves?

• Thread starter FuqStik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

These are clones that are 22 days from being cut? or 22 days after rooting? take a picture of the roots for me

FuqStik

FuqStik

Said fuck it and went and bought a chiller today!!! My temps will be staying around 65-66 now instead of 75-77

FuqStik

FuqStik

Roots look fine imo... Slightly stained from GH nutes.... Tired of the ph swings and high ppms. Switching to emerald harvest nutrients!

20200809 205656
20200809 205719
20200809 205847
FuqStik

FuqStik

Chiller setup. Turns off at 65 then back on again at 67! Moving to rdwc tonight

20200809 205927
20200809 205920
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks like a possible heat issue to me, and causing some nutrient lockout. I would turn them lights down a little (or raise them) until you get things sorted on this issue. Keep the chiller on and go with like half nute strength until it recovers.

What are you root temps getting too during maximum times of day? I think I read 80 f in the beginning, and that is way high, even 75 is borderline IMO, 72 is what I would shoot for, but I'm not a big hydro person, but I like to be on the safe side. Aquaman would know for sure. Root's look nice an long, but I don't see the amount of rootlets, lateral hairs that I would associate with a healthy root system, and the colors look suspect/borderline. That's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
FuqStik

FuqStik

Looks like a possible heat issue to me, and causing some nutrient lockout. I would turn them lights down a little (or raise them) until you get things sorted on this issue. Keep the chiller on and go with like half nute strength until it recovers.

What are you root temps getting too during maximum times of day? I think I read 80 f in the beginning, and that is way high, even 75 is borderline IMO, 72 is what I would shoot for, but I'm not a big hydro person, but I like to be on the safe side. Aquaman would know for sure. Root's look nice an long, but I don't see the amount of rootlets, lateral hairs that I would associate with a healthy root system, and the colors look suspect/borderline. That's just my 2 cents.
I havea 480w LED and 240w LED, hanging 32" above the plants themselves... how much should the lights be dimmed to?

Temps are down now

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I havea 480w LED and 240w LED, hanging 32" above the plants themselves... how much should the lights be dimmed to?

Temps are down now

I would just move them back a bit, or dim them by 1/3 or so, (if you have a dial), or measure it with a light app, and dial them down a quarter/third, then once you think there responding you can dial them back up. Looks like your right on top of the problem so that might only be a day or so by the looks of it, but it might be in your best interest.

It should help relieve some of the stress being placed on them, because if there not fully transpiring, you probably don't need all that light.

FuqStik

FuqStik

I would just move them back a bit, or dim them by 1/3 or so, (if you have a dial), or measure it with a light app, and dial them down a quarter/third, then once you think there responding you can dial them back up. Looks like your right on top of the problem so that might only be a day or so by the looks of it, but it might be in your best interest.
Lights are both at 32" away and running at about 1/3 power from the dimmer. At 32" the center par is 796, so assuming at 1/3 or so, it's running around 265-280 par.

Tent temps are back down to 72-75, turned the central ac down and it's coming in as active intake with 4" fan.

Chiller is connected now - it stays at 65 in res, if it hits 66, it turns back on. So no more bennies + 75 degree res.

And this emerald harvest nutrient line was super easy to mix and the ppms stayed low comparative to GH nutes. Mixed the whole line up at the "early veg strength" and it came out 585 ppm.

PH'd to 5.82

CalMag was added.

Hopefully this gets everything in line.. Picture of one of the ladies with no issues. Plus all of them together.

20200810 080358
20200810 080423
GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

are you mixing your silicate first and giving it a hour or so to fully dissolve in you solution? Silicate can bond with nutrients if not mixed properly causing lockout.
I mix my silicate wait and hour, then mix my cal mag, wait 20 min. Then move onto base nuts ect.
Usually if you see webs you have spider mites.

FuqStik

FuqStik

No,
are you mixing your silicate first and giving it a hour or so to fully dissolve in you solution? Silicate can bond with nutrients if not mixed properly causing lockout.
I mix my silicate wait and hour, then mix my cal mag, wait 20 min. Then move onto base nuts ect.
Usually if you see webs you have spider mites.
No, actually I didn't know that I needed to give silicate an hour to dissolve.

I was doing Southern AG > Armor Si (silicate) > CaliMagic > Micro

I've now switched to the Emerald Harvest hydronic nutes. It just says put Grow A in first, then Grow B.

What order would you suggest doing nutrients?

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

silicate first always wait an hour stuff is great but it takes time not to cause a lockout. Some say 30 min I don't mess with it I do an hour to make sure.
Then your calmag 20 min wait
Base nutes a or b
Then what ever else you add
Sweeteners, humic acid, ect.
Adjust your EC/ppm
Adjust your ph, wait for 20 min and recheck
Then last add any rooting agents like rapid start.
Just mix well after each addition
Then feed!

FuqStik

FuqStik

Thanks for the in
silicate first always wait an hour stuff is great but it takes time not to cause a lockout. Some say 30 min I don't mess with it I do an hour to make sure.
Base nutes a or b
Adjust your EC/ppm
Then feed!
Thanks for the in depth comment

FuqStik

FuqStik

Base nutes a or b
Adjust your EC/ppm
Then feed!
So assuming I should just go ahead and drain my water + fill back up, then do nutes, ph, etc?

Top Bottom