What kinda bug is this?

• Thread starter Homegrown81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrown81

Homegrown81

My girl is a lil over 8 weeks old in veg right now, being grown outdoors. I found that growing outside def brings it challenges when it comes to bugs, I've pulled slugs off leaves here and here, a grasshopper occasionally as well. But have not seen bugs like these before and I haven't seen in any of the threads either. Its smaller than an eraser on a pencil and has a small spikey cloud like looking back. Found 2 of them on my plant last night. Is there any natural remedy to keep pests from my plants? Thanks in advance! P.S. the little critter was hard to get a pic of cause when I'd shine light on it for a pic it would crawl around to opposite side of branch to avoid the light.
What kinda bug is this

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

That's an alien not a bug lol
Never seen 1of those but I try to avoid bugs. You can make sprays out of various herbs (rosemary, thyme, cayenne, etc) or plant companion plants (marigolds etc) to keep pests away outside

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

That's an alien not a bug lol
Never seen 1of those but I try to avoid bugs. You can make sprays out of various herbs (rosemary, thyme, cayenne, etc) or plant companion plants (marigolds etc) to keep pests away outside
Lol yeah it's crazy looking. Going to bring a jar with me when I check her so if I see one again I can capture it. Thanks I'll have to look into those in spray form. Also been seeing some good things about neem oil as well.

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Update: haven't seen any of those little buggers since that night. I ordered a bottle of 100% cold pressed neem oil but it wont be in till August 3rd. In the meantime I made a homemade solution that I can always just add neem oil to later. From what I've read some of these things can kill or at least repel many insects. I boiled 2 1/2 cups of water and steeped 5 cloves of garlic, 1/2 an onion, 3 sprigs of rosemary, 3 sprigs of peppermint, and 1 tblspn of red pepper flakes in the water for 24hrs, strained into bottle with a 1/2 cup canola oil and 3/4 tsp of plant based dish soap. It actually smells really nice too, I kinda wanna roast a chicken now lol

Top Bottom