What LEDs have Blue, Red & UV spectrums, controlled independently? (Kind X2 LEDs?)

• Thread starter Thegreywizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

So I’d really love to get a combo LED unit that has Blue, Red & UV spectrums.

Id also love for these channels to be individually controlled so I can run just the blues during veg and the red & UV during flower.

What LED lights are out there that do this?

I found the Kind LEDs X2 unit:

I think this light looks great overall and the levels of customization on the color spectrums are amazing.

I just wish it had more white LEDs to their strips.

Im currently using a Photontek 1000w CO2 Pro and really loving it. I’m only running it at 25% right now, but it has an absolute TON of white LEDs on their bars, at least double that of the Kind X2.

But it’s only red spectrum.

Because I’m doing DWC, I plan on vegging and flowering in the same space. So having a multi-spectrum light I can run Blues during Veg and Reds during Flower sounds like the perfect solution for me. Especially since the Kind X2 has UV built in as well.

If only they had double the white LEDs on their bars, there wouldn’t be any hesitation.

But I know Kind lights weren’t the greatest prior to these new bar style they now sell.

There also doesn’t seem to be any real reviews or this X2 model, but they claim 1600umol, which isn’t bad really.

I was also considering HLG Scorpion Diablos. These are amazing lights too, but again, only red spectrum:

My friends and I have used HLG Scorpion Diablos as well as the 1000w Photontek CO2 Pros, so I’m speaking from experience. These are all top tier lights!

HLG Scorpion Diablos are 1900umol and the Photontek 1000 CO2 Pro are 2900umol, which is totally insane. So while the Kind LEDs don’t offer the highest umol, their umol output is still pretty dang good & they certainly offer the best spectrums, with individual controls.

So are there any other options out there like the Kind X2, or am I overreacting about not having enough white LEDs on their strips? Because I think I really love them!

Last edited:
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

I spoke to the Kind rep today and she said they do in fact have UV on them.

But their unit only has 384 LEDs, which sounds low to me.

However, they do use 3 & 5w diodes. They claim 1600umols

A member on another forum suggested these Optics LEDs, as they hit all of the specs I was looking for:

These Optics have 3100 LEDs! But they use smaller diodes that are less than 1w.

They claim 1750umols.

Which isn't that much higher than Kinds really.

But overall I really like the Optics fixture, as it has individual channels for Red/IR/UV as well as Blue & White.

Gives me a lot of control and the ability to have a veg and flower light in the same footprint and getting the best spectrums for both cycles.

So I need to do some more research on both of these and perhaps get them both in hand for a side by side grow comparison.

Thoughts?

MedicalOnly

MedicalOnly

Chilledtech has individual bars that go in-between the lightbars of there x6- 600w and 1000w light. Im designing my first grow room and think this would be the ultimate setup. Unfortunately they are sold out.
Guardian diagram

Fishermannb94

Fishermannb94

I just ran across this thread, and I have to say team optic all the way for spectrum control. Shane over at migro (u-tube channel) has shown a couple other types of light that allows you to have the same control.i currently use the 320s e/ controller. Loving life for real!!!! I'm not sponsored or endorsed by the company so this is my honest opinion.

MedicalOnly

MedicalOnly

After more research I have come to the conclusion that uvb with fluorescent lighting is the way to go. Optic, chilled, etc that use led to supply uv is uvc and isnt really benefical.

MedicalOnly

MedicalOnly

We can't make useful amounts of UV with LED's yet. It's just marketing. What we can do is 50$ per individual LED, and as such remains only of use to medical professional. They use UVB for skin treatments.
The UV used in our lights is rarely mentioned, because it's disco lighting. UVA not UVB, but sells under the umbrella term of UV, which people think they want.
Stop smoking for awhile

TheHummusMonk

TheHummusMonk

Eagle Star Leds have an led control panel and can control all facets of the light including. Ir and uv

King2324

King2324

Your welcome. Even when adding uvb from florescents, which is the best kind, you still wont notice much of a difference in most cases.
I use pure uv from agromax.
Has uvb lower than the uv diodes which are around 385 nm. The pure goes down to 285nm which is what experts says increases thc, resin production and so on. Have noticed increase trichs and and heavier highs. Nothing major but to the connoisseur it definitely bumps it up a notch. Have 2 overe a 4x8 with 2 spider nar lights. Live actionUv in video

20211221 132440
20211112 073723
Top Bottom