What percentage of Phosphorus do you like?

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

What up farmers?!?

This thread is being made to sort out some opinions and the reason it's in this forum is because there is a specific question behind it.

I'm looking to change nutes. Currently I use Earth Juice. They work great. However, I'm a bit tired of mixing all the ingredients everytime I have to feed. My plant count has gone up considerably since I started, and now it's getting to be a pain in the ass. I'm using 5 gallons every other day on just the flowering girls, and another 4 gallons every other day for the vegging and preflower girls. So, mixing 5 different ingredients everyday is getting old. Also, with 5 different ingredients comes the fact that I run out of them at different times, so it seems like I'm always "almost out" of something.

Anyhow.....the point to this thread is to find out what the general consensus is regarding the ratio of Phosphorus to Nitrogen and Potassium in you farmers' flowering nute mix. I'm thinking I wanna use a nute that has has a proportionately high amount of Phosphorus. In my experience with Earth Juice, when I increased the amount of Phosphorus in mid to late flower, I had better resin production. Have any of you experienced the same?

The only fert that I've found that has less than three parts to it, AND had a higher percentage of Phosphorus than any other macro is Dyna-Grow Bloom.

Here's some info on it...

3126-AUG08.gif

I'm probably gonna try this because not only can I get it online, but I can buy it at my nearest grow store in case I need to pick it up in person.

Have any of you farmers used Dyna-Gro before? Opinions?

F

Finalopagus

mixing 5 different ingredients everyday is getting old. Also, with 5 different ingredients comes the fact that I run out of them at different times, so it seems like I'm always "almost out" of something.

I feel ya man. I run Technaflora's full line and also have increasing plant numbers. I am mixing up some concoction every day. I enjoy that more then most I think. I suggest mixing up a larger batch, maybe two or four days worth at a time.

As to ratio, Awesome Blossoms is a "flower stimulant" with 2-11-11 added with bloom 1-4-7 gives a nice mix.

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks Final! With these organics, I really don't wanna have em sitting more than 24hrs. Otherwise, that would be a killer idea, and one I hadn't thought of.

Again, thanks for the input brotha.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
In the past I have experimented with many many product lines. Some I liked, others not so much. I have been using the Flora Nova grow and bloom ferts for a few months now and I like them. The bloom formula is 4 -8 -7. In addition to that tho I use two apps of PK 13/14 at week 4 or so, then a couple apps of Pure Flowers which is 0 -30 -20 later in flower. Also use molasses. So I guess I'm not much help to ya...lol. Thing is, at 1ml/gal for the Pure Flowers a liter bottle will last a hella long time. Moreover, when I look at some people's regimens mine is very simple. Gets good results too.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotta turn you to the darkside bro. :fighting0040:

I'm using the Canna A+B and making a 7 day stash. I check the PH of course but with some Cal/Mag (RO water) it stays pretty damn stable. Add some micros when you feel like they need it.

Not OMRI fosho but it is cheap (25 for the A & B) and easy. Sure they have something similar at your not so local place.

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks for stoppin in highroller! I sounds like ya got a good system worked out. I'm gonna really try to simplify life here with this change.....although I must admit, I'm worried about fixing something that no really broke, just inconvenient. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained (or learned).

H-man....appreciate ya stoppin in as always man! I'm really staring down the Canna fa sho. Problem is, my not-so-local store doesn't carry it. Of the places I've checked online, they want damn near the price of the nutes again for shipping. It's kinda hard for me to turn loose of $45 for a liter of A and a liter of B when the actual price is only 25 bucks or so. Do you have a source that doesn't gouge ya on shipping?

If I'm gonna spend the extra 20 bucks, I'll put it in my gas tank and take my ass to the store. At least then I'll have em in my hand when I get home.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
You know PGW, I used to be adamant about going 100% organic...makin my own teas from guanos, alfalfa, comfrey, worm castings and such, areating them for 24 -48 hours and the whole nine yards, but really, IME, I think that a blend of synthetics and organics work best. Growth rate is faster and the taste/smell is where I feel it should be as well. Much easier too. When I'm feeling energetic I whip up a batch of tea for them as a treat. Something also to consider...NKP ratios may be a bit misleading. Some sources of these nutrients make them more available to the plant (chelated nutes for example) thus the ratios listed on the bottle aren't always the determining factor.
Anyhoo, good luck in your quest for what works for you.

hr.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
If I'm gonna spend the extra 20 bucks, I'll put it in my gas tank and take my ass to the store. At least then I'll have em in my hand when I get home.
I hear ya, they must have a reasonable alternative to the Canna Coco A&B

P

ProGroWannabe

I envy your patience highroller. I tried teas once, didn't suppliment enough calcium and had issues with it. My fault totally, but I decided that there was too much to lose for me to experiment with my whole crop like that. So I decided to wait a while before trying teas again.

That's a good point you make about the nutes' availability compared to what's on the bottle. Food for thought fa sho. Thank you.

H-man.....They have this Dyna-Gro there. That's one of the big reasons I was considering it. They also have Pure Blend Pro, and I've thought about that too, but it doesn't have the elevated levels of Phosphorus that I'm leaning towards. So to satisfy my yearning for a high "P" nute mix, I'll have to buy a bloom booster. Problem with with those is that they also jack up the "K" ......grrrr lol. Can't I just get what I want, when I want it, the way I want it....geeez. lol

Seriously though, I think I'll give this Dyna-Gro stuff a shot. I'll be the guinea pig for everyone else this time.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
:D Love anyone else being the guinea pig.

PBP is great stuff I use soil version of the bloom and it's 1.5-4-5. It works really well with a little molasses (which is K leaning too).

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
i know your organic only Pro but you can buy commercial fertilisers in specific ranges or just single ferts... i.e just nitrogen or just phosphorous.. i think its like 20 kilo bags though.. used it in large contracts that ive been part of.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
One thing I learned about the PBP (yes I tried it too lol) is that it is deficient in magnesium, so be sure to pick up the cal/mag supplement. A friend of mine did use the Dyna Grow ferts and he grew some proper plants with it. You could elevate your Phosphorous with some super phosphate, triple phosphate or some such product like Green says. Espoma markets 5 or 10 lb bags. Try the Peaceful Valley garden supply site for some ideas.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting hr. I'm using rainwater and RO so I've always added Cal/Mag. Lucky break.

P

ProGroWannabe

Green81....you got me thinkin now...lol. I really needed to hear that you can get the macros individually....THANK YOU! That opens my options up a lot more. Weeeeeeee more to learn! I like it.

hr.....thanks once again for the help. I appreciate the mention of Peaceful Valley...I'll go check those out now. I use Cal-Max from GroTek for a Calcium/Magnesium source. Do you know what your buddy's opinion was on his experience with Dyna-Gro?

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you ever been to the PV site PGW? It's pretty cool. Their sales and service is good too.
At that particular time my buddy liked the Dyna Grow nutes and like I say, he grew some nice plants with it. But, subsequent to that he was off into the "all organic" realm. "Evil chem this and bad taste that" Big vicious cycle ya know...lol!
Like I mentioned earlier, my opinion is a blend of chems and organics works best. Done right, the method really performs. And, the simpler the better. I think many people overdo it with supplements and actually do more harm than good. Plus I'm also reminded of the old adage, that the only one that gets rich in gold fever is the guy sellin the picks and shovels...lol. It's easy to waste a lot of hard earned cash on supplements when all we need to do is give the weed it's basic requirements for a successful harvest.
Hmmm, I'll get off the soapbox. I'd like to hear what others think about the whole deal.
Herrerisssh, I like the idea of using rainwater for the plants and keep threatening to build a system that would collect it and pipe it right into the basement for me like using the tap. My town is now flouridating the water and I'm sure your aware that flouride isn't the best thing for your plants.

edited to say, herrerisssh, I notice you also add dolomitic lime and molasses to your soiless mix, both of which contain magnesium, so maybe that's why you're not experiencing any mg deficiency. (I peeked at your profile):scared0016:

P

ProGroWannabe

Sorry about my delay in posting this response highroller. You know how busy us growers can get---ok, ok, it was just stoner forgetfulness. Anyway, yeah I went to PV. Cool site. I bookmarked it. Thank you.

Hopefully within a couple of weeks I'm gonna make the epic journey to the grow store and pick up supplies. I'll get the Dyna-Grow when I'm there and run the test with it. Unless I miss my guess, it should work quite well.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
lol! stoner! it's only been a few weeks...:evilgrin0013:

Hope the Dyna Grow works well for you. Let us know how it goes for you, k?

P

ProGroWannabe

I will definitely let ya know. I gotta try it even though this little voice keep sayin "go Canna"...lol. If the Dyna-Grow doesn't work out as well as I expect it too, it's Canna all the way.

Top Bottom