What's wrong with my plant

• Thread starter Peppie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peppie

Peppie

Hey Guys
I'm on a new grow. I found a seed in my Bubble Autoflower so I planted it. Well its growing funny. Its discolored and the growth is slow. Its 4 weeks old.
Fox farm Ocean forest
2 300 watt led Meizhi reflector series
Day time temp 78 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
Night time temps 72 to 74
I'm using Advanced nutrients 3 part grow system and cal mag each time I water.
Water cycle is normal about 2 times a week.
1 gallon fabric pot
The first pic is of the plant in question the 2nd pic is of a strain I bred called sour widow its 2 weeks old. It's a cross of a male white widow and a female sour patch kiss

Whats wrong with my plant
Whats wrong with my plant 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plant doesn't look too bad IMO, but sometimes FF growing mediums can be a little hot in nutrients for some strains. I don't see any obvious nute burn although you probably might be overfeeding it because of the already enriched FF soil, the plant being small, added fertilizer, and Cal-Mag... My experience is that less is better, fertilizer and Cal-Mag included. Too much fertilizer can acidify the soil, while Cal-Mag can make it overly alkaline. Either condition can lead to nute lockout, which is an entirely different can of worms that is best avoided in the first place. Flushing might help a little, but since FF is full of nutrients already, flushing probably won't remove them. My advice would be to lay off the extra stuff and just let the FF soil do it's thing until things get better. It DOES look slightly overfed IMO, but I am used to growing with the minimum amount of added nutrients, etc to avoid problems like this. It is much easier to add nutrients to a hungry plant than to try to remove them from an overfed plant.

B

BENSMOKIN

How close do you have your lights? I had similar looking issues due to my led being to close. I actually had to go farther away than the manufacturer recommended distance to get normal growth back. I also had different plants of the same strain react more negatively to the light than others.

Peppie

Peppie

The plant doesn't look too bad IMO, but sometimes FF growing mediums can be a little hot in nutrients for some strains. I don't see any obvious nute burn although you probably might be overfeeding it because of the already enriched FF soil, the plant being small, added fertilizer, and Cal-Mag... My experience is that less is better, fertilizer and Cal-Mag included. Too much fertilizer can acidify the soil, while Cal-Mag can make it overly alkaline. Either condition can lead to nute lockout, which is an entirely different can of worms that is best avoided in the first place. Flushing might help a little, but since FF is full of nutrients already, flushing probably won't remove them. My advice would be to lay off the extra stuff and just let the FF soil do it's thing until things get better. It DOES look slightly overfed IMO, but I am used to growing with the minimum amount of added nutrients, etc to avoid problems like this. It is much easier to add nutrients to a hungry plant than to try to remove them from an overfed plant.
Hello and thank you. Let me elaborate more I left out the fact that i germinated in Epsoma organic soil and it turned out like that. I just repotted on Monday using ff sorry about that important note.
Also you all on this forum have been so helpful I'm learning so much.
Ok I have been hit with nute burn before and you all gave me the same advice you just did. With that said I have been checking the ppm before feeding and after. Kept a grow log. It's an app called Jane. So I have been only feeding them 600 to 800 ppms. The ppm of the runoff is now 1009 is that too high?
Did you look at the 2and pic, its fed the same way. I feed all 6 plants from the same batch of nutrients.
I have kept feeding to a minimum because I I didn't want to burn them. I have been using the advanced nutrients 3 part grow, micro and bloom, 5 ml of each. I will cut down to 2.5 ml and see if that works. The other plants are healthy thank God
I will also replace one feeding with just ph water .
My ph is 6.5 to 6.8 it fluctuates but never more than 7 I'm talking about the soil. I ph the feedings to 6.4 to 6.6

Peppie

Peppie

How close do you have your lights? I had similar looking issues due to my led being to close. I actually had to go farther away than the manufacturer recommended distance to get normal growth back. I also had different plants of the same strain react more negatively to the light than others.
24 inches just re checked

Peppie

Peppie

Look at the other plant, its healthy so I don't get why the Bubble Auto is doing that. It's not even acting like an auto. All my other autos bud at 3 weeks. Thanks people

B

BENSMOKIN

Obviously different lights will vary. I ended up at 32 inches before my plants snapped out of it. I'd try to move the plants in question farther away from the light for a day or two and see if it helps. Move your light up and space the healthy plants up to the same distance from the light leaving your plants in question farther away. Just a suggestion to try.

Top Bottom