Where do they come from....Mites

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

My room is isolated from outside elements. There are also no other plants in their proximity. So there is no explanation I can think of for spider mites on my plants other than my living soil having them when I bought the soil.

Anyone have other plausible explanations to offer? I am talking about SOHUM living soil. I also beat back some fungus gnats the last couple days and haven’t seen anymore flyers as of today.

Anyway waiting for lights off to spray Pyganic. That should take care of the mites for now. Just curious how they got here.

growsince79

growsince79

My room is isolated from outside elements. There are also no other plants in their proximity. So there is no explanation I can think of for spider mites on my plants other than my living soil having them when I bought the soil.

Anyone have other plausible explanations to offer? I am talking about SOHUM living soil. I also beat back some fungus gnats the last couple days and haven’t seen anymore flyers as of today.

Anyway waiting for lights off to spray Pyganic. That should take care of the mites for now. Just curious how they got here.
Shoes

freezeland2

freezeland2

Cloths and animals. Or maybe the little bastards sneak in when you open the door.

That would be a more plausible source in my case. It’s just irritating. We go through all these precautions and preventative measures and they still appear. Little bastards are dying when the clock strikes 12:00. Lol

DrBambou

DrBambou

Whatsup dame issues around here im not like checking everything instead but i think they stays somewhere and just come when they smells these wonderful girls maybe

Freek1

Freek1

Well it appears the spraying of Pyganic during lights off did the trick with the mites. Everything was dry by the time the lights came on this morning. Plants are looking happy.
Turn off the lights and fans , hang up no pest strips for a few hours...Piece of cake.

BDH420

BDH420

I have a spider mite horror story. Its 1997 I'm a couple years out of high school and just moved into my own place. My friends parents grew in 2 houses on a private way for many years. They grew amazing bud even by todays standards. I got to try Roadkill skunk, super skunk, original Og kush, Bubble berry. I was blessed through out high school in 90 and 92 my friends didn't think it was real because of the way it looked. It wasn't brown and covered in seeds and stems. lol. So naturally once I got my own place I wanted to start my self. So I maxed out a credit card buying a sunsystem switchable 1000watt ballast with air cooled hood and 2 of each mh and hps Hortilux bulbs. Plus a ton of 2 ply mylar and fans and carbon filter and co2 setup with regulator air conditioner's. I was ready to grow. My friends parents hooked me up with 24 AK 47 clones for free. They just got the seeds from a trip to Amsterdam which they took yearly. I'm excited and paranoid and nervous all at the same time. It was still the 90s in Massachusetts. They took your house and locked you up for 10 plus years. It happened to my friends family their sons girl ratted on them when he broke up with here before going off to college. All 4 members of the family got between 10 and 15 years but that's another horror story for another day. So I maxed out my card I'm in debt to my eye balls I just moved into a new place so I'm really in debt now. But I have 24 of the newest in DANK clones going I should be fine. I have a little knowledge from talking with my friends parents. They even hooked up a ton of what I didn't know was super soil at the time. for flowering. Well everything went great for a couple months. I'm getting more comfortable with it. I transplant them then put them into flower. Its 3 weeks now at 12 12 I have flower starting every where the room stinks! Even with the carbon filters. I notice a little web at the bottom of one of my plants. This is where it all comes crashing down. I'm actually getting teary eyed thinking about this. I'm about to have a couple pounds of Ak 47 in just a couple months. I'll pay my bills and ill be styling with killer flower I'm in my early 20s I'm going to get my party on. I don't think much of the web as I had no clue about spider mites. I brush the web off and continue as normal. I was such an idiot. I just hit my 20s I was young and dumb. In just a couple days the whole grow was trash all withered up and done. I was panicked I'm broke I only had a part time job at the time and was taking night courses. My electric bill was more then my mortgage. Well to make an already long story come to a end. I had to trash everything bleach everything and start over. This time I only did 6 plants and decided I wasn't going to sell anything. It was a roller coaster of emotion. I had everything riding on that grow. Lesson learned the hard way. I got a full time job quit night school just to pay off my card. I have pics in photo album in my loft ill have to dig out. The pics are from when it was doing good are impressive. But I also took pics of the crash and burn fail. Any time someone mentions spider mites I have ptsd triggered about debt and disappointment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom