Who thinks weedmaps sucks?

• Thread starter drunknbass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drunknbass

drunknbass

Just curious. I think they have the best listing of dispensaries but they suck at everything else.

I started writing a replacement that is 100x better and taps into their backend for dispensary info.
Wondering if anyone else would care to use it. So far it's iOS only.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

ill give it try shoot it weeed maps i believe will be completly out of the map in the next month or so but will see ive seen tang lost made business due to what has been happenin here in skrillafonia

aleYarok

aleYarok

hahaha ummm fuck weedmaps.

they could be so good.
i tried passing suggestions up the train of command but no one cared.
their site is slow as shit. also they have no fucking management. im surprised theyve gotten so far.
for the longest time i wanted to be a photographer for them, finally made it happen after talking to enough people in management for months. finally a photographer (the one who taught gil) flew out to sac and i drove up there and met her to get trained. she taught me how they did things, took all of 10 min for me to learn, and for 2 days i chauffeured her around sac and assisted her setting up equipment and taking some photos. (i did have a wonderful time and was super excited to start) the next week i was back home for my grandmas bday, a trip that had been planned for a while. i got back ready to start and they tell me i no longer have SF/Oak/SJ but all of Sac. They wanted me to drive 3-4 hours a day on top of 40 hour weeks. I told them that wouldnt be feasible and that was that. Still never got paid gas for driving to Sac and assisting for 2 days.

long story short; they fucked me out of a job and they are very mismanaged, website slow as shit.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

they could be so good.
their site is slow as shit. also they have no fucking management. im surprised theyve gotten so far.
for the longest time i wanted to be a photographer for them, finally made it happen after talking to enough people in management for months. finally a photographer (the one who taught gil) flew out to sac and i drove up there and met her to get trained. she taughi chauffeured her around sac and assisted her setting up equipment and takint me how they did things, took all of 10 min for me to learn, and for 2 days g some photos. (i did have a wonderful time and was super excited to start) the next week i was back home for my grandmas bday, a trip that had been planned for a while. i got back ready to start and they tell me i no longer have SF/Oak/SJ but all of Sac. They wanted me to drive 3-4 hours a day on top of 40 hour weeks. I told them that wouldnt be feasible and that was that. Still never got paid gas for driving to Sac and assisting for 2 days.

long story short; they fucked me out of a job and they are very mismanaged, website slow as shit.

FUKIN LAMESSSSSSSSSS! FUCK EM :character0095: you knoe how the sayinnnnnng goes.. everything takes care of itself wat comes around goes around im sureeee in the end those sukaz who did that to u will be :bow down 2 u

drunknbass

drunknbass

My problem is the info I want isn't easy to get.
Example, I'd like to search Shops near me with clones on the menu and see who has what, which is almost impossible with their site or apps.
Took me maybe 20 min to reverse their app and API and write my own app that enables this.

I know this isn't a common issue since most people don't shop for clones, but what if I wanted to do the same for a specific strain? Or maybe go further and not only track strains but also prices, etc.

These are easy enough things to do.
Seems to me the people running weedmaps just don't get it, and they are as big as ey are because there is no real competition.

Maybe it's time that changes.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

wellll if something does change i want to be apart of it bcuz the truth^^^^^ I had the a similar issue u had lokin for shit theyrrrrrrre wak hope someone can bring some new shit to the west west

C

CaliDro

My problem is the info I want isn't easy to get.
Example, I'd like to search Shops near me with clones on the menu and see who has what, which is almost impossible with their site or apps.
Took me maybe 20 min to reverse their app and API and write my own app that enables this.

I know this isn't a common issue since most people don't shop for clones, but what if I wanted to do the same for a specific strain? Or maybe go further and not only track strains but also prices, etc.

These are easy enough things to do.
Seems to me the people running weedmaps just don't get it, and they are as big as ey are because there is no real competition.

Maybe it's time that changes.

that is the exact problem i have with it... i ended up having to pretty much call all of them to see what they had which was a headache cause alot of them i wasnt a patient of theres so they wouldnt tell me anything... and those ending up being some of the ones with some strains i would have liked to have... all i use it for now is when im in a different part of town or up in LA to find something near rest of it sux

bloads

bloads

I wonder if Budtrader.com is going to blow up now w/dispensary closings...

darkmatter

darkmatter

i seen where someone said weedmaps bought invalid.com for 4.2 million and they make 400k a month. it was in a persons twitter just thought id spread it i dont know for sure its truth, and ive never looked at either.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

i seen where someone said weedmaps bought invalid.com for 4.2 million and they make 400k a month. it was in a persons twitter just thought id spread it i dont know for sure its truth, and ive never looked at either.
I heard something like this too but it was invalid.com that bought weedmaps out.

urbanfog

urbanfog

I heard something like this too but it was invalid.com that bought weedmaps out.

Got this email this am

WeedMaps Media purchased invalid.com on November 18, 2011 for an undisclosed amount. invalid.com, which is currently a bulletin board forum for marijuana news and information, generates over 3.5 million page views per month on average. The site generates revenue primarily through sales of banner advertising and forum sponsorship. One of the oldest marijuana sites online, invalid.com was launched in 1995 and boasts a user base of over 300,000 registered users. WeedMaps Media intends to create entirely new website content for invalid.com. In addition, WeedMaps Media will bridge the site with the pre-existing WeedMaps.com membership database, eventually allowing for single sign-on across the entire network and effectively doubling the number of registered WeedMaps users to over half a million.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I stand corrected urbanfog,i had read somewhere about an investor group out of newport beach cali that was buying up marijuana related stuff and i was under the impression that they acquired weedmaps,obviously marijuana .com is not who i thought it was!

W

WebMagician

Just curious. I think they have the best listing of dispensaries but they suck at everything else.

I started writing a replacement that is 100x better and taps into their backend for dispensary info.

@drunknbass - Do you still have the replacement? Would love to learn more!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

they could be so good.
for the longest time i wanted to be a photographer for them, finally made it happen after talking to enough people in management for months. finally a photographer (the one who taught gil) flew out to sac and i drove up there and met her to get trained. she taught me how they did things, took all of 10 min for me to learn, and for 2 days i chauffeured her around sac and assisted her setting up equipment and taking some photos. (i did have a wonderful time and was super excited to start) the next week i was back home for my grandmas bday, a trip that had been planned for a while. i got back ready to start and they tell me i no longer have SF/Oak/SJ but all of Sac. They wanted me to drive 3-4 hours a day on top of 40 hour weeks. I told them that wouldnt be feasible and that was that. Still never got paid gas for driving to Sac and assisting for 2 days.

LOL you just described the entire weed industry bro!

Weedmaps deletes negative reviews all the time. They are loyal to their customers. Their customers are the dispensaries who pay them to advertise. That's my central complaint with weedmaps.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Oh that explains a lot I never see bad reviews ...that's not cool.

CaliShark

CaliShark

LOL you just described the entire weed industry bro!

Weedmaps deletes negative reviews all the time. They are loyal to their customers. Their customers are the dispensaries who pay them to advertise. That's my central complaint with weedmaps.

It's the yelp of the weed world. There in it for the advertising revenue, they don't care about patients.

H

HighLifeMed

I would use this as weedmaps just fucked me over big time today. Been paying them monthly for over a year and today they cancel me because of the way I spoke to the lady who deals with billing. Which wasn’t bad by the way, saw my site canceled 2 days past billing date which I was away for. So I told the lady of, just said “what the hell its been 2 days past, stop this bs with me”
I then get a call saying they aren’t going to renew me.

P

PanicPhobia

Yeah, I just googled "weedmaps sucks" and found this. So, you know how I feel.

I'm trying to find the best deals on indica prerolls. Fuck me if it will let me do such a thing.

I pull up a list of prerolls, and no prices. I find prices, but no preroll filter. Its not that helpful. It's about as useful as Google maps for locating dispensaries.

Top Bottom