Will the REAL GDK please stand up?

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Its been too long my friends!
Ive been looking at these old F1 for a long time now and decided to see if I could find luck getting some of these old SKEEDS to pop.
I've noticed most of my old threads on other forums have been edited out with other vendors parent strains, etc.
Let's get a few things straight here first.
Og GDK was made with Elite genetics Strawberry D dad that pollinated Elite genetics SFV Ogk F1 mom. I took a dad from those F1 and smashed og grandaddy purps.
These are original F1 seeds i pulled OG GDK mom from.
If there's any real heads left out there peep the skeed bag haha

Let's see what happens here;)
20210925_140716.jpg
20210925_135753.jpg

Treecutter

Treecutter

Hopefully they pop. Had a old grower give me some old seeds from a cross they spent multiple years . Of course his multiple moves and 2 different wives that wouldn't let him grow he lost most of the seeds.

I ended up with his last 8 seeds from a blue cheese and stardawg cross. He called it Cheese Gawd.

I scarfed them, gebrelic acid etc with all the tricks got 1 to take. Cloned it flipped the clone and what do you know a female. Cloned some more, reversed one pollinated another and it just took to seed.

The struggle with old seeds is a pain but success can bring back a dinosaur. Glad to see you possibly got a t-rex coming out of extinction.

Protect it. Some hese commercial growers, "Big Pharma" are steeling everyone's work and genetics changing them so they have genetic markers of proprietary ownership of the strain.

20210920 140300
20210921 120348
20210910 164714
20210830 120314
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Hopefully they pop. Had a old grower give me some old seeds from a cross they spent multiple years . Of course his multiple moves and 2 different wives that wouldn't let him grow he lost most of the seeds.

I ended up with his last 8 seeds from a blue cheese and stardawg cross. He called it Cheese Gawd.

I scarfed them, gebrelic acid etc with all the tricks got 1 to take. Cloned it flipped the clone and what do you know a female. Cloned some more, reversed one pollinated another and it just took to seed.

The struggle with old seeds is a pain but success can bring back a dinosaur. Glad to see you possibly got a t-rex coming out of extinction.

Protect it. Some hese commercial growers, "Big Pharma" are steeling everyone's work and genetics changing them so they have genetic markers of proprietary ownership of the strain.
Its actually flattering a vendor wants to claim responsibility for a strain I created. On that level im honored.
However changing the lineage on genetics is absoloutely not acceptable. So ive been in touch and working on getting most of that corrected now and for the most part its been mostly corrected.

Here's the deal on these seeds. I have attempted to pop these old seeds a cpl times now with no luck. Im down to just a handful now.
What if any pointers can you give me on popping old seeds?
I believe they are just super dry. Stored in rice in same baggy since I dug them out of the trash pile they where left under back in the day.
Thinking about sanding a cpl with dremel. Idk what to do though. It would be a shame to lose these old school genetics.
These are F1 seeds I pulled original GDK mom from.
SsdXJLP-SFVOGK F1× GRANDADDY PURPS cut from back in the day.

Treecutter

Treecutter

I scarified the entire seeds with sand paper. Roll sand paper into a tube and plug one end of it. Fill it up 1/2 way with seeds. Plug the other end and then shake the hell out of the tube. I probably spent more than 3 hours because I didn't have that many seed. I shook them until almost all the color was off the shell.
Then I took each seed and scarified the seam by rubbing each seam 2-3 times down 200 grit paper. Be carefully not to break all the way through.

You might try 4-6 seeds like this before jumping to GA3 " gebrelic acid"

I used GA3 at 100ppm in some sugar water. I tried just a short soak on the seeds first then said Fck it and left them in the dark for 4 days in a glass of sugar water 100 ppm gam.

The failure i had on 3 of them was thinking the plant could get the shell off naturally. I've found out since almost 90% of the time once it pops through the grow cube or soil and you can see the leaves, you better get some tweezers and magnification and manually remove it. Popped some seeds 25 years old and actually got 25% to germination. Half of that died before I manually removed the hull by hand after they sprouted.

Hope all this helps. On the road right now on my phone so hope any typos make sense

Sacrificing seeds

Scaification and chitting some basic germination material at the start but gets to the subject. I've never tried the boiling water.
https://www.theseedcollection.com.a...eatments-Soaking-Scarification-Stratification

GA3

You can down load all 3 for free if you want to nerd out on germination.

Last edited:
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I scarified the entire seeds with sand paper. Roll sand paper into a tube and plug one end of it. Fill it up 1/2 way with seeds. Plug the other end and then shake the hell out of the tube. I probably spent more than 3 hours because I didn't have that many seed. I shook them until almost all the color was off the shell.
Then I took each seed and scarified the seam by rubbing each seam 2-3 times down 200 grit paper. Be carefully not to break all the way through.

You might try 4-6 seeds like this before jumping to GA3 " gebrelic acid"

I used GA3 at 100ppm in some sugar water. I tried just a short soak on the seeds first then said Fck it and left them in the dark for 4 days in a glass of sugar water 100 ppm gam.

The failure i had on 3 of them was thinking the plant could get the shell off naturally. I've found out since almost 90% of the time once it pops through the grow cube or soil and you can see the leaves, you better get some tweezers and magnification and manually remove it. Popped some seeds 25 years old and actually got 25% to germination. Half of that died before I manually removed the hull by hand after they sprouted.

Hope all this helps. On the road right now on my phone so hope any typos make sense

Sacrificing seeds

Scaification and chitting some basic germination material at the start but gets to the subject. I've never tried the boiling water.
https://www.theseedcollection.com.a...eatments-Soaking-Scarification-Stratification

GA3

You can down load all 3 for free if you want to nerd out on germination.
Thank you sir greatly appreciated!

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Our wives think alike..last week her dog was running around with my Mosca container in his mouth. Oh no sir! Got a tent in my doghouse lol

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

My wife says I care about my seeds more than the kids. Damn women lost her damn mind, those seeds are my kids.

She's just jealous because I talk with the sativa and indica girls more than her.
Lol the wifes been wanting me to pop these seeds for a long time. Little does she know that she's gonna end up despising this along with my other hobbies haha.

Top Bottom