WTF do I do with males?

• Thread starter BlowCrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cway

He means a good keeper, as in the whole plant to breed with females. By representation he means the phone type,IE: a very purple fruity grand daddy male that is the opitomy of GDP

Yes exactly..

U c Blowcrack, Cannabis progeny tends to want to revert more to its low thc hemp ancestors, so the male you breed with must give high THC Progeny.. .. U must find Good Breeding Males that are the following..Or at least what I look for..

Hollow Stems
Well Spaced Internodes
Well developed side branching
Tricomes on the Pollen Sacs
Aroma and Fragrance that is reprentative of the Strain..
Vigour
Potent Progeny

To test a male you must look for the following, then make seeds with him, then grow out the seeds and smoke the buds.. If you have a population that is homogenous in aroma, growth, potentcy, then you have a keeper male..

Make sense?

But also depends on what you want to do.. Like if you want to BX a clone, you would use a Male that is very reccesive in its aroma and taste, but not in potetency and vigour

Make sense?

B

BlowCrack

thanks cway, Like I said befor its comin more...and more......and more.....It feels like im in college class....lol

B

BlowCrack

cway, do seeds tend to go towards the low thc ancestors as well????

C

cway

cway, do seeds tend to go towards the low thc ancestors as well????

Yes this is what I mean in progeny, the males offspring, or seeds if you will... Thats why breeders do mass grows to find parents. You must breed for high THC or else Cannabis will revert back to its low THC Hemp ancestors.

F

FastForward

Leave them in and see what happens :evilgrin0013:

LOL.. too funny... "yeah, my pal told me to leave them in - apparently if you leave them for long enough these pods open and you get PURE TRICHS in them..."

B

BlowCrack

cway, example If I got a very potent pack of seeds from u, than everytime I clone I should be looking to clone from the better of the bunch only? Will every generatin of clones get weaker?

B

BlowCrack

I clone from all my plants everygrow? I never know which plant it came from....Does this mean Im getting the weaker genetics out of sme of my crop ?

C

cway

cway, example If I got a very potent pack of seeds from u, than everytime I clone I should be looking to clone from the better of the bunch only? Will every generatin of clones get weaker?

Hey bro just want to clarify that I am not a seed seller or breeder,, more a pollen chucker who loves to read and experiment and have been breeding my own seeds for only three years but like I said I love to read... There is alot of great literature by Sam the Skunkman and DJ Short on breeding and I have read all of them that I can find...

To answer you ? If you buy lets say a pack of Cali Connections SFV OG Kush Bx 2.. Lets say you grew out 10 seeds...

Now lets say you got 5 males and 5 females... For the males you should look for the things that I mentioned in my earlier post.. For females you look for the plant that most resembles the original clone.

Now once you sex the plants you should takes clones of each so you have back ups.. Now flower out the females, smoke them, and decide which one you like best and keep the back up clone and make that your mother..

Now every time you take clones this will be a exact replica of the mother... With time she will start to loose her vigour, but that takes years.. like 10+ or so id say..

Now to make seeds you keep all the male clones.. Flower them out and keep their pollen and dust your prize female, use a different male pollen on 5 flower sites... .. Mark the flower sites as to identify which male the pollen came from.. Now harvest the seeds, grow out all of the progeny, smoke it, and decide which male made the best progeny .. Now keep this male and this is your keeper male..

This is why making seed lines take so long.. This is with a pack of seeds.. Imagine like Sam who did 10000 plant grows just to find males for his Skunk1.. Then tracking all those males and their offspring.. Man o man.. heads spinning just thinking bout it..

B

BlowCrack

yea, do the seeds from the connect be 50-50 or dont nobody know?

G

Ganjalover

LOL.. too funny... "yeah, my pal told me to leave them in - apparently if you leave them for long enough these pods open and you get PURE TRICHS in them..."
Pure trichs as big as seeds
Nice one :rock

B

BlowCrack

Just ordered some of swerves gear...i know there will be males involved...

A

azmatis

:icon_cookie:i collect the pollen then chop them
take the stem and shake and make cannabutter
for baking, works great for me
az

Top Bottom