Yield of fan leaves and trim

• Thread starter flexablepete
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flexablepete

I am trying to plan on a grow to use fan leaves and trim for edibles. The bud I plan for other uses :)

I was wondering although there are many factors - strain, how you trim, outdoor/indoor..... what would be a best guess on the number of grams of fan leaves I would get in one plant.

Same question but how many grams of trim

Thanks

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am trying to plan on a grow to use fan leaves and trim for edibles. The bud I plan for other uses :)

I was wondering although there are many factors - strain, how you trim, outdoor/indoor..... what would be a best guess on the number of grams of fan leaves I would get in one plant.

Thanks
Don't waste your time on fan leaves per se. Use the sugar leaves that are the smaller frosty ones close to the flowers/buds. Fans only contain about 1.5% active alkaloids. Some people however make juices with the fans. But in my opinion they taste like crap and don't really do much buzz wise.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dry and cure the close bud leaf trim and small or loose lower buds in jars along with the good buds. We make coconut oil with them after they have cured a few months with the headstash.

Very potent oil and mellower taste result. And we dont decarb but do cook it into baked goods and chocolate candy for use.

We throw the fan leaves away during harvest. I understand there are health benefits to eating fresh fan leaves like salad but it seems to need a lot of leaves for action and i never tried.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Thanks

Fan leaves go in the composter. Sugar leaves make pretty good caps with coconut oil. I dry and cure as usual and decarb then cook with oil in a small crock pot. When I have a large harvest I'll add some flower too.

Seriously, don't bother with the fan leaves, it's just a waste of time and effort.

F

flexablepete

I have been very successful in getting rid of the taste and got really good high from the fan leaves as confirmed by a bunch of people. Of course I use the sugar leaves with better results. So, I guess I am still curious how much weight in fan leaves can I get in a plant and secondly how many sugar leaves can I gt in one plant

Really would appreciate it

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It depends on the size of the plant and how much defoliation you do. Too many variables to give you a good solid answer.

F

flexablepete

It depends on the size of the plant and how much defoliation you do. Too many variables to give you a good solid answer.

For sure. A lot of variables, variety, grow technique, defoilization. But lets say Amnesia Haze, indoor grow,

Latest posts

Top Bottom