Strains that have helped with ASD and ADHD.

• Thread starter geemonty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
josefrahl

josefrahl

For my ASD I like to take the strains to 40-50% amber trichomes before harvest. I stay away from anything too heavy on the sativa side, and anything that has a heavy orange or lemon limonene scent and flavor. It just gets me more worked up over little things. But as has been mentioned though terpenes affect everyone differently. Hash works better than flower in small amounts for me. Although, I pretty much can't do anything for the 1st 30 mins after smoking some, lol.

Some strains I prefer: Purple or OG Kush, Cheese, Grape Ape and other grape strains.

I also take kratom for my ASD. It helps immensely with the anxiety I get from social situations, and with the OCD like symptoms.

G

geemonty

I have not actually used hash. I will have to try it.

this is my current grow.
20221124 162453

20221124 162525

Both are White Banner and sitting in same res so what I think I will do is harvest just 1 as I would normally and then let the other sit for a week or more before I harvest it. I know they could have different pheno traits but this will at least allow me to do an as close comparison of flowering time.

A

Aiodensghost

Necroing, but wanted to share what works for me personally (here is hoping that this necro helps you, and anybody else who may read it).
Cherry Pie. This one gives me a blast of euphoria that helps in social situations, followed by a gentle comedown that puts me to sleep if I consumed a high dose.
Pineapple OG. This one has saved me from many a frontal migraine. It also helps with mood stabilization, perfect for when I get worked up over something small.
Kandyland. Do you also have digestive issues that can disable you in the middle of the day?? I've done diet changes, but even foods I'm not sensitive to could be cross-contaminated. GlutenEase helps with gluten intolerance, and Kandyland takes care of the spazms my intestines take to when they encounter invaders from planet sphincter.
Northern Lights. 1,2... T. K.O! 2 puffs and even the most stubborn pain wont keep you from going to sleep. Also helps me with nightmare-induced insomnia.
Wedding Cake. This is another I use for gastrointestinal problems, and is great when you have a moment to chill.
Sunset Sherbet. When you get worked up over something small at the last freaking moment before going to bed. Your mind is racing, your already panicking about tomorrow's to-do list... then your body goes to the Bahamas out of nowhere and you pass out, worry free.

Edit: I should probably also clarify, I prefer to vaporize my stash. Not only does doing it over low heat allow me more flavor, it allows my stash to last longer, and it doesn't leave a lingering smell. It's also not as harsh as smoking a joint (or... shudders... a blunt; I already struggle with nicotine addiction, I'd rather not taint my weed with the substance known to negate any effect I get from my weed). Due to these and other factors, your mileage with these strains will vary. I also hope you enjoy sweet fruits, absurd amounts of Caryophyllene, and the taste of black licorice.

Last edited:
josefrahl

josefrahl

Necroing, but wanted to share what works for me personally (here is hoping that this necro helps you, and anybody else who may read it).
Cherry Pie. This one gives me a blast of euphoria that helps in social situations, followed by a gentle comedown that puts me to sleep if I consumed a high dose.
Pineapple OG. This one has saved me from many a frontal migraine. It also helps with mood stabilization, perfect for when I get worked up over something small.
Kandyland. Do you also have digestive issues that can disable you in the middle of the day?? I've done diet changes, but even foods I'm not sensitive to could be cross-contaminated. GlutenEase helps with gluten intolerance, and Kandyland takes care of the spazms my intestines take to when they encounter invaders from planet sphincter.
Northern Lights. 1,2... T. K.O! 2 puffs and even the most stubborn pain wont keep you from going to sleep. Also helps me with nightmare-induced insomnia.
Wedding Cake. This is another I use for gastrointestinal problems, and is great when you have a moment to chill.
Sunset Sherbet. When you get worked up over something small at the last freaking moment before going to bed. Your mind is racing, your already panicking about tomorrow's to-do list... then your body goes to the Bahamas out of nowhere and you pass out, worry free.

Edit: I should probably also clarify, I prefer to vaporize my stash. Not only does doing it over low heat allow me more flavor, it allows my stash to last longer, and it doesn't leave a lingering smell. It's also not as harsh as smoking a joint (or... shudders... a blunt; I already struggle with nicotine addiction, I'd rather not taint my weed with the substance known to negate any effect I get from my weed). Due to these and other factors, your mileage with these strains will vary. I also hope you enjoy sweet fruits, absurd amounts of Caryophyllene, and the taste of black licorice.

I usually vape more than I smoke as well. I have 2 desktops and 2 travel vapes. Volcano classic, E-Nano, PAX, and Max V3 POTV. Each has it's own benefits and I get a slightly different effect from them as well. Usually run them through a bong with adapters or a bubbler for the travel size when away. But I have been smoking a little more recently. Got a Freeze Pipe which makes it so I'm not hacking when I smoke.

2 more strains I've added recently are Bubble Triks(Pre98 Bubba x Tri Kush), which has been my go to for few hours before bed, and Tangie. Tangie is the only sativa leaning strain I've been good with thus far. Been great for getting stuff done around the house.

A

Aiodensghost

I usually vape more than I smoke as well. I have 2 desktops and 2 travel vapes. Volcano classic, E-Nano, PAX, and Max V3 POTV. Each has it's own benefits and I get a slightly different effect from them as well. Usually run them through a bong with adapters or a bubbler for the travel size when away. But I have been smoking a little more recently. Got a Freeze Pipe which makes it so I'm not hacking when I smoke.

2 more strains I've added recently are Bubble Triks(Pre98 Bubba x Tri Kush), which has been my go to for few hours before bed, and Tangie. Tangie is the only sativa leaning strain I've been good with thus far. Been great for getting stuff done around the house.
My list is far from complete, but to be honest, I'm tired and on the tail end of a Zlushie high. Tangie is one of my favorites just for the way it tastes, but I must be really careful not to overdo it or my hands will start to tremor again (another reason I use THC). If I get Tangie, I pair it with Mandarin Sunset to keep the orange terps rolling. Skywalker OG, Apple Fritter, Alaskan Thunder F*** (I turn into a walking Ring camera with high doses of this one), Megalodon, Crouching Tiger Hidden Alien.

I AVOID Green Crack and Gelato 33 like the plague. Green Crack makes me too paranoid, and Gelato 33 slightly restricts my breathing. Anything made by crossing Gelato 33 is a mixed bag as to whether or not it'll do the same.

Top Bottom