What ph to use with gaia green

• Thread starter ilfabr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilfabr0

Guys I‘m following mr cannucks way of growing and I have a question.
When using coco pre amended with gaia greens 444 and 284, a ratio of 70/30, what ph should the water have when I‘m watering?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I use Gaia Green in soil and that usually doesn't require pH adjustment. So, I'm not sure about coco, but from what I've read the pH should be about 6.0 to 6.2. I'm sure others here will be more helpful.

It seems odd to pre-amend a medium with a bloom nutrient. Maybe that's due to insufficient P or K.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
It's microbes that matter not ph with gaia, it's completely different than synthetic nutes. I highly recommend looking into the rhizosphere and soil science. Good books are teaming with microbes, teaming with fungi, teaming with bacteria. Those are good, build a soil eeb site has good free resources. Learn learn learn ny friend ✌

I

ilfabr0

I use Gaia Green in soil and that usually doesn't require pH adjustment. So, I'm not sure about coco, but from what I've read the pH should be about 6.0 to 6.2. I'm sure others here will be more helpful.

It seems odd to pre-amend a medium with a bloom nutrient. Maybe that's due to insufficient P or K.
As I said I was inspiring from mr cannuck growing style🤷🏻‍♂️

I

ilfabr0

It's microbes that matter not ph with gaia, it's completely different than synthetic nutes. I highly recommend looking into the rhizosphere and soil science. Good books are teaming with microbes, teaming with fungi, teaming with bacteria. Those are good, build a soil eeb site has good free resources. Learn learn learn ny friend ✌
That’s what I’m trying 🥲

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
As I said I was inspiring from mr cannuck growing style
I saw that but it didn't mean anything to me because I don't follow Mr. Canuck. So, what does he have to say about adjusting the pH of the water?

@cannafarmer420 has it right. Gaia Green nutrients are for organic soil growing. Coir is more like hydro, so synthetic nutrients are used, and pH matters when using synthetics. At least, that's my understanding. If I'm wrong, it surely wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
That’s what I’m trying 🥲
You will succeed because of it! it's the perfect attitude to have, just remember plants are not machines they are living things. Much closer to a human than a car. Can't wait to see the 🔥 you grow when you get your groove✌

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
pH always matters. I don't use Gaia Green but I don't use synthetics either and pH always matters in soil and I would assume even more so in coco. You may get lucky and your water may be fine. If not, you'll quickly find out just how wrong the "you don't need to pH in a buffered medium" crowd is.

I

ilfabr0

I saw that but it didn't mean anything to me because I don't follow Mr. Canuck. So, what does he have to say about adjusting the pH of the water?

@cannafarmer420 has it right. Gaia Green nutrients are for organic soil growing. Coir is more like hydro, so synthetic nutrients are used, and pH matters when using synthetics. At least, that's my understanding. If I'm wrong, it surely wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
He‘s saying to aim 6.5 to 6.8

I

ilfabr0

You will succeed because of it! it's the perfect attitude to have, just remember plants are not machines they are living things. Much closer to a human than a car. Can't wait to see the 🔥 you grow when you get your groove✌
Thank you for your encouraging words

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
pH always matters. I don't use Gaia Green but I don't use synthetics either and pH always matters in soil and I would assume even more so in coco. You may get lucky and your water may be fine. If not, you'll quickly find out just how wrong the "you don't need to pH in a buffered medium" crowd is.
Well, no. The pH doesn't always matter. You'll encounter many organic growers who have the same opinion. That's not to say it never matters. It just usually doesn't. With organic growing, we're also not talking about a buffered medium. We're talking about microorganisms in the soil who are in a mutually beneficial synergistic relationship with the plants. They take care of the pH for us.

What type of nutrients do you use?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Well, no. The pH doesn't always matter. You'll encounter many organic growers who have the same opinion. That's not to say it never matters. It just usually doesn't. With organic growing, we're also not talking about a buffered medium. We're talking about microorganisms in the soil who are in a mutually beneficial synergistic relationship with the plants. They take care of the pH for us.

This 👆 👆

I

ilfabr0

Gaia green dry amendments 444 and 284 and I am using a 70/30 ratio

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I

ilfabr0

Doesn’t help so much because my question is what ph range when using dry amendments in coco…not the ph range when using coco

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Doesn’t help so much because my question is what ph range when using dry amendments in coco…not the ph range when using coco
Why not a soil like medium?
Also, youtubers like me Canuck cherry pick the genetics they show its not a real representative sample of their work. ✌

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

you should just start over in soil because your treating it like soil i have told you coco is different then soil on top of that your using dry amendments in coco so its harder to check things and everyone is telling you what to do in soil because they use soil

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

I use Nectar which is more of a fine tune on organics and although I see your point, even in a strictly soil-amended only grow, if you get outside of a certain range in pH you’re going to start killing off your herd.

Top Bottom