What ph to use with gaia green

• Thread starter ilfabr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilfabr0

If your using bottled nutes it's 5.5 - 6.5pH, organic dry amendments is 6-7pH, if you can add some compost and/or earthworm castings to the mix then you should be ok.

More important, feeding bottled nutrition and organic grows are both entirely diffrent philosophies and styles of growing. Pick one or the other, if you do both you'll be on the fence with two sides to fall off on.
Nah, I‘m gonna stick to the dry amendments style 🙏🏻

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
As I said I was inspiring from mr cannuck growing style🤷🏻‍♂️

Does he add gala green to coir you seen to say he does and your following his method witch tells you to ph at 6.2-.6.8
Witch really does seem strange as I’ve never herd of coir ph being outside the 5.8-6 veg and 6-6.2 for flowering

I just wondered if gala works with coir I know I came unstuck when I tried using guano with coir as it doesn’t work with coir

I must admit I’d use soil however it’s your preference obviously 🙂

I

ilfabr0

Does he add gala green to coir you seen to say he does and your following his method witch tells you to ph at 6.2-.6.8
Witch really does seem strange as I’ve never herd of coir ph being outside the 5.8-6 veg and 6-6.2 for flowering

I just wondered if gala works with coir I know I came unstuck when I tried using guano with coir as it doesn’t work with coir

Check his autoflower playlist😉

M

MellowRello

pH always matters. I don't use Gaia Green but I don't use synthetics either and pH always matters in soil and I would assume even more so in coco. You may get lucky and your water may be fine. If not, you'll quickly find out just how wrong the "you don't need to pH in a buffered medium" crowd is.
You literally do not have to PH in a buffered medium though. The dolomite will pH the soil.

M

MellowRello

Guys I‘m following mr cannucks way of growing and I have a question.
When using coco pre amended with gaia greens 444 and 284, a ratio of 70/30, what ph should the water have when I‘m watering?
Dolomite lime in Gaia Green will set the PH in the soil, not the water. I usually add a little dolomite when mixing the soil because I don't use Gaia Green full strength in the beginning of veg and never worry about PH.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I use Nectar which is more of a fine tune on organics and although I see your point, even in a strictly soil-amended only grow, if you get outside of a certain range in pH you’re going to start killing off your herd.
Nectar of the gods is liquid nutes, its nothing even close to organics. You use microbes to "fine tune" in organics.

M

MellowRello

It really doesn't make any sense to use coco for organic dry amendments style of growing. It can work but why try? Mr. Cunuck also does not use it anymore.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Nectar of the gods is liquid nutes, its nothing even close to organics. You use microbes to "fine tune" in organics.
Beg to differ. While you're feeding the plant instead of the soil there's still no chemical nutes in the line. Thanks for your opinion though. I'll ask for it the next time I feel like wasting a chunk of time. Thank Christ for ignore.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The waters pH usually isn't the issue with organic, it's the soils pH that matters
Even that doesn't matter if the mycorrhizae are prospering.

There's your waters pH and then there's the soils pH. Both different from each other. Healthy soil, healthy plant. In organic we are taking care of the soil. The soil takes care of the plant for us. So take care of your soil.
Not quite. We take care of the mycorrhizae, and the mycorrhizae take care of the plant. Promoting mutually beneficial synergism between the plant's roots and the microbe population is the basic idea of organic growing.

M

MellowRello

Not quite. We take care of the mycorrhizae, and the mycorrhizae take care of the plant. Promoting mutually beneficial synergism between the plant's roots and the microbe population is the basic idea of organic growing.
The mycorrhizae have nothing to do with controlling PH and a PH that's off too much will kill them. The PH is buffered by minerals like dolomite.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter

Mycorrhizae is just part of the biology, there's the microbes, protazoa, nematodes, etc. all under taking care of the "Soil".

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Dolomite lime in Gaia Green will set the PH in the soil, not the water.
True.

I usually add a little dolomite when mixing the soil because I don't use Gaia Green full strength in the beginning of veg and never worry about PH.
Dolomite lime raises the pH of the soil. Its most common use in gardening is raising the pH of acidic soil. It contains both Mg and Ca, though, which are helpful. An alternative is a combination of Epsom salt and gypsum that are better for cannabis pH-wise.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Beg to differ. While you're feeding the plant instead of the soil there's still no chemical nutes in the line. Thanks for your opinion though. I'll ask for it the next time I feel like wasting a chunk of time. Thank Christ for ignore.
Fuck you

M

MellowRello

Nectar is organically produced but is literally chemicals. That's not an opinion.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Mycorrhizae is just part of the biology, there's the microbes, protazoa, nematodes, etc. all under taking care of the "Soil".
I didn't think such specificity would be helpful. It's the concept that's important here, IMO. That said, it's good we agree.

M

MellowRello

True.

Dolomite lime raises the pH of the soil. Its most common use in gardening is raising the pH of acidic soil. It contains both Mg and Ca, though, which are helpful. An alternative is a combination of Epsom salt and gypsum that are better for cannabis pH-wise.
Epsom and gypsum do not effect PH in any way. This is completely false.The Epsom will only slightly help with PH fluctuating but is not a buffer. Dolomite and oyster shell are PH buffers.

Top Bottom