Veteran Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,' Shut Up -- Even If We're Violating Your Rights

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't advocate for the current scenario, I'm simply trying to help answer the question, "Why?" It is for these reasons, and other reasons.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I was bummed to see the marshal cruising through town the other day, we didnt have a cop for the last 5 or 6 months. I felt a lot safer when there was no cop. lol.
You probably are safer, and so is your dog if you have one. There are two types of cops. The ones who are corrupt, and the ones who look the other way and hide behind their blue shields. It shouldn't be so difficult to fire cops, but I don't care to argue union/non-union issues. There are two things that you don't discuss with your friends and family: Religion and Politics.

ZONER

ZONER

I was bummed to see the marshal cruising through town the other day, we didnt have a cop for the last 5 or 6 months. I felt a lot safer when there was no cop. lol.
Same here ... We don't have local police where I live. It's patrolled by the State Police and The only time I see one is if there's a motor vehicle accident which the last one was 8 months ago. Everyone where I live is armed and have dogs.... We don't need no stinking badges ....lol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Police being outgunned is nothing new it even happened back in the 1800s!Long before the bank of america shootout there was one in norco where they threw hand grenades and shot up 100 cop cars and downed a copter or two if i remember right,they were eventually cornered in lytle creek and killed.I dont care about the guns or equipment they have,they are inantimate objects,guns dont kill people,people kill people!Its the attitude and judgement of the cops using them that i call into question,they are not god,judge,jury and executioner but they sure as hell act like it.Did you know that police officers are exempt from firearms laws in the state of california even off duty or after they have retired?That means CCWs for life without applying or takeing yearly update classes or losing them if you have an infraction,No 10 day waiting period to buy firearms(they get them on the spot)and they are exempt from assault weapons bans?Keep in mind they cant use these weapons at work,they have to use issued firearms with the exception of an allowed backup they can choose from a list.This is for life,even after they are retired!Why are the laws so different for them than they are for any other citizen?We have a double standard that is allowing police officers to get away with murder,If an ordinary citizen did what they do they would be locked up with no bail for a year or two awaiting trial,Cops get to go on a paid vacation with very little to no worry of prosecution.We need to hold police officers accountable to the exact same laws as the general public,no special treatment,they can cool their heels in a jail cell just like the public would if they beat or killed someone and await the outcome of an investigation just like everyone else.Cops are taught to rule by intimidation whether its verbal judo or overbearing firepower this is what they are taught in the academy,they beleive they are above the law and right now their correct!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Police being outgunned is nothing new it even happened back in the 1800s!Long before the bank of america shootout there was one in norco where they threw hand grenades and shot up 100 cop cars and downed a copter or two if i remember right,they were eventually cornered in lytle creek and killed.I dont care about the guns or equipment they have,they are inantimate objects,guns dont kill people,people kill people!Its the attitude and judgement of the cops using them that i call into question,they are not god,judge,jury and executioner but they sure as hell act like it.Did you know that police officers are exempt from firearms laws in the state of california even off duty or after they have retired?That means CCWs for life without applying or takeing yearly update classes or losing them if you have an infraction,No 10 day waiting period to buy firearms(they get them on the spot)and they are exempt from assault weapons bans?Keep in mind they cant use these weapons at work,they have to use issued firearms with the exception of an allowed backup they can choose from a list.This is for life,even after they are retired!Why are the laws so different for them than they are for any other citizen?We have a double standard that is allowing police officers to get away with murder,If an ordinary citizen did what they do they would be locked up with no bail for a year or two awaiting trial,Cops get to go on a paid vacation with very little to no worry of prosecution.We need to hold police officers accountable to the exact same laws as the general public,no special treatment,they can cool their heels in a jail cell just like the public would if they beat or killed someone and await the outcome of an investigation just like everyone else.Cops are taught to rule by intimidation whether its verbal judo or overbearing firepower this is what they are taught in the academy,they beleive they are above the law and right now their correct!
Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law, unless you are a cop. Then if you break the law or arrest someone under false pretenses, or if cops get caught perjuring themselves on the stand, it's okay and the cops just made a mistake. Citizens are not afforded that assumption. That's why most cops have a napoleon complex.

muir

muir

the military ification of the fuzz has creeped all the way to Nederland. The current marshal is an extremely over qualified retired Missouri big wig. The changes are startling. The cops and conservative citizens have formed a coalition (with business cards) to force change in the town.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My friend is a veteran NYPD special investigations detective, chasing and arresting hard core criminals.
In 17 years including time in uniform he has drawn his weapon 3 times against perps who were armed all dropped weapons has shot no one.
he said there are good cops and bad cops.
Is also a reserve and former Marine, has killed no one in combat.
Family man above all else, would love to smoke some weed but not worth it if tested, can do shrooms and we did so on a river trip had a blast....
A good friend and a good man a benefit to society.
Told me in uniform he would look the other way to pot smokers or just tell them to move on never busted anybody for pot....
We laugh so hard tears drip from chin....

Latest posts

Top Bottom