1 year with light mover what a waste of $$$

• Thread starter booms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
madscrapper

madscrapper

Ya know whats funny?this thread is from 2009.

Light movers rock.i got a 23 watt cfl on a light mover that draws 400watts but it covers my 12 x 20 foot room perfect.i have it set to pause for 10 minutes on each end fo betta shizzle on ma nizzle lmfao :)
Lol...nice.
Mine is the opposite. Rail only draws 5watts and moves a gavita.I have it set to pause 30seconds at each end.I always catch rabid migets sun bathing in there. I spray them w vinegar but they return when the eggs hatch

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

i would like to make a small correction. i will copy and paste the above portion of my quoted text and re-write it correctly. this is yet one of the many times i need to edit my post and cant. i will say that everytime it happens lol.

so my 400 watt hps produces 55,000 lumens @ 127.9 per watt.
and 400 watt equivalent t5 fixture is 32,000 lumens @ 80 per watt (if i use the current 2 foot 8 bulb fixture i have in a pair)

if you go with 4 foot 8 bulb t5 you could hit 92.59 lumens per watt.
each ho bulb is 5,000 lumens and this 8 bulb 4 footer in front of me is labeled for 432 watts draw.
(quoted text i was confusing a 6 bulb in front of me with an 8 bulb)

hps seems to win in the long run by a good margin as far as efficiency is concerned (lumens per watt)

Your math is way better than mine was back then... I got on a T5 kick for a bit. Still use 'em for breeding projects, but I'm all about Horti Super Blues and LEC, and I do now have a DE room which crushes everything else I've ever used.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Your math is way better than mine was back then... I got on a T5 kick for a bit. Still use 'em for breeding projects, but I'm all about Horti Super Blues and LEC, and I do now have a DE room which crushes everything else I've ever used.
From here on out I'll only use de for flower...love it.I've pissed away money on all kinds of lights..love the gsvita.
U didn't like the lec?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

From here on out I'll only use de for flower...love it.I've pissed away money on all kinds of lights..love the gsvita.
U didn't like the lec?
LOVE LEC/CMH. I DON'T love the startup cost, but those suckers pay for themselves over time. Got a client who packed 11 of the 315s in an 8x10 space and he's crushing it. Still can't fuck with DE for total production, but they're stellar for power consumption and heat.

K

KaiserSoze

Hey @madscrapper, do you mind telling me what kind of light mover you are using? I looked into light rails but couldn't justify the cost but 100$ sounds much more reasonable. Thanks.

madscrapper

madscrapper

LOVE LEC/CMH. I DON'T love the startup cost, but those suckers pay for themselves over time. Got a client who packed 11 of the 315s in an 8x10 space and he's crushing it. Still can't fuck with DE for total production, but they're stellar for power consumption and heat.
Sometimes that's the most critical aspects, ,heat and power consumption.I may have to look into them when I move to Az

LI grows

LI grows

I had a Pocket Door frame and hardware laying around the garage and mounted my Gavita DE 1000 to it so i can slide it over and not bump my head watering. LOL its great tho.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Hey @madscrapper, do you mind telling me what kind of light mover you are using? I looked into light rails but couldn't justify the cost but 100$ sounds much more reasonable. Thanks.
I bought mine from htg supply.I'll find out the name when I go to my garden tomorrow,unless I find the name from htg supply first.
But mine is 6' rail,with a 5w motor that moves the light along the rail..I'll look for a pic to post,one min

madscrapper

madscrapper

Here's a couple pics,not sure that they help tho..I can't see the name but I'll find it for ya by tomorrow bud..
I frigging love my rail.I don't have high ceilings where I grow,,otherwise I'd just hang my Gavita high and get a huge foot print .but the rail let's me maximize my coverage and allows me to use a gavita d.e.(dailed down.)without frying my plants.
I hung a 2"x4" first and the mounted my rail to that so I didn't have to search for joist.

20160302 203510
20160302 203521
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Wow I have one just mounted it and have a 1k HPS I think its not enough for my room its in a 12x12 I'm obviously a new grower but I just put them in flower 2 weeks ago I'm going to add a 400 mhl but I'm so afraid of my power bill giving me away

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Wow I have one just mounted it and have a 1k HPS I think its not enough for my room its in a 12x12 I'm obviously a new grower but I just put them in flower 2 weeks ago I'm going to add a 400 mhl but I'm so afraid of my power bill giving me away
That's called anxiety!

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Are you saying i will produce shit? lol
My Avatar is one of the strains I'm growing also chocolope and exodus Kush

Steamboat

Steamboat

I use a LightRail light mover grow system with my indoor 10 x 20 and it's given me much more yield from when I had stationary lights. The system was given to me by a friend after I purchased a Growsun motor that died on me after one week. I would say to people looking to buy the LightRail system to do it because it would pay itself off within a few harvest. Here is the system I have. https://www.lightrail3.com/shop/lightrail-3-5-intellidrive-kit/

Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

Im just getting back into the game. Set my room up (5.5x9.5) with 2 gavitas and a light rail 4. My ceiling is 7' 10" inches tall. My reasoning for the movers was to compensate for the lack of ceiling i have. How close can you get your gavitas with a light rail on max speed minimum delay?

dan1989

dan1989

Rotating your plants weekly is a cheap option. Obviously no good with hydro setups but potted plants...

Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

I was going for light burn mitigation. Anyone with experience using gavitas with the light rail 4?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
ok everyones got there opinion on light movers, mine comes from 1 year usage. at first i thought cool be able to run light lower and hit everywhere. well it does do that but overall i believe that yield is decreased overall. the reasons for this is the lights always moving and confuses the shit out of the plants. imagine really bright sun then low light then really bright sun over and over. another thing happening is in the confusion the plants dont stretch which would be good if you had full blooded sativas, but not with indicas and hybrids that you want to double to triple in size to have big plants. got over 50wpsf so maybe the mover was never needed. whats your guys opinions on this, thanks.....
Has anybody ever made a light mover that went on a arc like the sun I was thinking about it the other day as well as using a ajustabal ballast starting at 250 then as the light travels the arc the ballast hits 400 then as it hits top of the arc it's at 600 or if you use 1000w then as the light travels past mid day it's starts to drop in watts not sure maybe u should of kept this thought in my head I'm calling copy right on it ... Hshaha

Top Bottom