1st Indoor Grow

• Thread starter FattyJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1sttimegro

1sttimegro

This is probably a stupid question but this is my first grow ive used nothing but water and sunlight on this kush seed i have no earthly idea what strain it is but its only been in soil for two weeks but im seeing what looks like pistils but ive read that around 6 weeks is when you can tell the gender but if anybody can tell me if im right or wrong it would be appreciated heres a pic

FattyJ

FattyJ

This is probably a stupid question but this is my first grow ive used nothing but water and sunlight on this kush seed i have no earthly idea what strain it is but its only been in soil for two weeks but im seeing what looks like pistils but ive read that around 6 weeks is when you can tell the gender but if anybody can tell me if im right or wrong it would be appreciated heres a pic
Nothing there is showing sex, should show preflower between 4 and 7 weeks. Posted a better picture of a female, notice the white pistils, that's what you are looking for.

20170424 113145
Drowblock501

Drowblock501

the biggest one is almost 6 weeks the small one is 4 weeks im using espoma organic herb and vegetable garden tone

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

Thank you for your answer i appreciate it yeah this is my first time so i have no idea what the hell im doing i have it under a 100w l.e.d and it seems to be doing good i put a little coffee grounds on the top part of the soil to help keep bugs away and to act as a mild fertilizer so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. But all in all does my plant look good heres a more exposing pic lol

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

Looks fine, would definitely recommend more light as she grows.
Ok i will definately put that on my shopping list. I think i might go with another 100w or that might be too much? Lol like i said inexperienced af. I have been doing as much research as possible and i have some foxfarm soil coming would that plus maybe 1 or two more lights be enough to carry it to harvest? Im not trying to grow a huge mf just something kinda short and bushy you know.

FattyJ

FattyJ

Ok i will definately put that on my shopping list. I think i might go with another 100w or that might be too much? Lol like i said inexperienced af. I have been doing as much research as possible and i have some foxfarm soil coming would that plus maybe 1 or two more lights be enough to carry it to harvest? Im not trying to grow a huge mf just something kinda short and bushy you know.
If you are only growing one Plant you could probably get away with supplementing with some CFLs. Would be alot cheaper.

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

If you are only growing one Plant you could probably get away with supplementing with some CFLs. Would be alot cheaper.
Yeah i was looking for cfls at lowes and walmart pretty much everywhere all the ones i found were either too weak or too strong. So i just went with led but i wanted cfls lol ill see if i cant find a couple online. Thanks FJ

FattyJ

FattyJ

Yeah i was looking for cfls at lowes and walmart pretty much everywhere all the ones i found were either too weak or too strong. So i just went with led but i wanted cfls lol ill see if i cant find a couple online. Thanks FJ
23w actual/ 100w equivalent will work, I have 6 of those, 3 55w actual, and another 20w

FattyJ

FattyJ

And got all of them from a little hole in the wall Ace Hardware.

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

Payday cant come fast enough lol well how many cfls should i actually use then? And what about nutrients? Something simple and easy or can you do no nutrients as long as you have a kickass soil?

FattyJ

FattyJ

Nutes in the soil should hold you over for the first 3 or 4 weeks. 6 23w cfls should do the trick, depending on the size Plant you are trying to grow.

Top Bottom