25 Plants, Grafting, Air Layering, And A Cat

• Thread starter ahemait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

6 weeks from flip

View attachment 748759 View attachment 748760 View attachment 748761
From the top, pineapple express, grand daddy purple, black indica.

Pineapple definitely looks like it will have the most mass. Black indica not too far behind. The gdp looks like it's going to go over 8 weeks, other two look like fast finishers.
Og La affie will be done at 8 for sure.
Right on! Buds are looking killer. Looks like the GDP's leaves are purping nicely:)

T

TigerPheno

Just hopped onboard for this journey. Split it into 2 bedtime stories. I too have been venturing to graft and air layer myself and keep a cycle going - tho I'm vegging small compact manifolded plants under florescent then sticking them out on the top balcony to flower. I have a bottom balcony in case anything accidentally gets too big. But anyways I didn't even have an account here on thcfarmer. Made one just to pop in and say keep up the good work!

ahemait

ahemait

The manifold is interesting. If I had the extra veg time I'd probably do it regularly.

Just hopped onboard for this journey. Split it into 2 bedtime stories. I too have been venturing to graft and air layer myself and keep a cycle going - tho I'm vegging small compact manifolded plants under florescent then sticking them out on the top balcony to flower. I have a bottom balcony in case anything accidentally gets too big. But anyways I didn't even have an account here on thcfarmer. Made one just to pop in and say keep up the good work!
Thanks for coming along!

First air layering wasn't great. I think next try I'll use oasis cube since it holds water better and longer.

T

TigerPheno

Yes keeping it moist but not too wet is my biggest concern, especially outdoor. That's probably what I need as well.

As for the manifolding I notice it slows down growth but then it speeds up even faster, catches, and surpasses my non-manifolded plants later. Probably due to not many leaves being shaded by other leaves, but just my theory. I don't have to prune or bend much later either, as most of the work is within 3 weeks veg Works tho because my veg spot is tiny. Which forces me to air layer halfway through flower. Sux because I've been running Skywalker OG and the strain has taken me sometimes 4-5 weeks to root, plus it being outdoor I have to meticulously moisten it since it dries out so fast.
Starting to think this strain isn't the best for it.

ahemait

ahemait

Yes keeping it moist but not too wet is my biggest concern, especially outdoor. That's probably what I need as well.

As for the manifolding I notice it slows down growth but then it speeds up even faster, catches, and surpasses my non-manifolded plants later. Probably due to not many leaves being shaded by other leaves, but just my theory. I don't have to prune or bend much later either, as most of the work is within 3 weeks veg Works tho because my veg spot is tiny. Which forces me to air layer halfway through flower. Sux because I've been running Skywalker OG and the strain has taken me sometimes 4-5 weeks to root, plus it being outdoor I have to meticulously moisten it since it dries out so fast.
Starting to think this strain isn't the best for it.
The manifold could outpace in the latter stages due to the increased number of leaves receiving direct light, that doesn't seem far fetched, in the least. There would be far more surface area available.

If you're outdoor can you do soil layering instead of trying to air layer? I would imagine they get big enough to bend a low branch to the ground, no? Or have you tried that?

Ugh,the black indica is looking juicy and I'm still two weeks out. Pineapple is going to be fat fat fat. Gdp is going more and more purple every day. I'm certain I want to do a quick dry/cure with the gdp and preserve the colour in the flower. Hopefully don't fuck it up too bad.
Og La affie looks much smaller than the rest and if I didn't already know it turns out rock hard and dense I'd definitely think it was way behind the others.

The sensi star mutant refuses to stretch, at all. Like, literally none. It grows slow as fuck vegetative as well and I'm really wondering how to structure it for optimal yield. The next sensi come I send to flower is going to get reversed on a branch or two. This miniature mutation is just too intriguing to let go. If it's inheritable I'd be very keen to dwarf several varieties I have and observe the results.

T

TigerPheno

Yeah I do that to make clones usually but my new place doesn't have a yard for sun all day at all angles. I create canopy facing east and use the west side of my plant for clones. I bend my leaves to face east as well rather than up. I feel it gets most out of the sunlight, since the building blocks second half of the day. If I soil layer, they go into flower 2 weeks later because of how much light they get on balcony. My veg room won't allow me anymore room but I'd be willing to try. My veg space is a laughable sinkside space microgrow with 2 cfls. Wife won't allow anything bigger inside. It's more just to get things started healthy since sun is sometimes too powerful for seedlings. Some on 5th node with little aux branches but like 3 inches tall compact. I didn't manifold these ones but when I stick them out on balcony they take off especially when they get bigger pots....they've waay outgrown the jiffy starters from Walmart lol,

IMG 20171013 222355185 HDR
T

TigerPheno

How many days is your quick dry?

I could see people wanting a mix with that trait for growing sativa in smaller space.

T

TigerPheno

That sensei star is an example of a plant I would manifold to get more light into those leaf-dense zones. Also pulling some fan leaves outta there so more gets into those aux nodes. Take them in small increments so plant keeps on trucking with not much stunt in growth. However, my strategy would be different as you have powerful lights that penetrate leaves. If I see a fan leaf completely shaded, it's usually folded into the light somehow or pulled as cfl doesn't penetrate much (and even if it did, it doesn't reach far intensity-wise. U have a larger area and bigger plants tho I can't see u folding ALL those damn leaves lmao.

ahemait

ahemait

I'm a proponent of the "mother knows best" school of growing. I let the plant decide which leaves to abandon when needed. I've noticed since I started if there's shaded leaves that aren't net producers the plant will cannibalise them fairly quickly into flowering.

Here a shot of the the babies.
75a763e3 2f6a 4278 8c1d 01c4a2d3ab04

ahemait

ahemait

7 days until the 8 week mark. Black indica and pineapple look like they will be bang on. Gdp is making another push, she's going to likely end up bigger than the pineapple or black indica.

I'm not sure the issue with the og La affie. I think she might be a very heavy feeder or got a bad stroke of luck with the soil mix and didn't have everything she needed. I'll have to load her up with kelp and see if that helps next time. She looks like she wants to keep going

ahemait

ahemait

And the bad news. My sensi star (bought from licensed producer) is going hermaphrodite : (

Only a few little dicks so far. I'll have to keep a close eye and if it starts growing balls all over she'll have to come down immediately. That's disappointing, especially since they are one of two licensed producers selling seeds and at $20 a seed that's pretty fucked up.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I just hope it doesn't go 10+ weeks! The weight is nice but time is valuable.
Some of the phenol must be shorter than that, my buddy and I got two different phenos, one short and stubby low stretching and more bushy and then the one I kept had nice full bodied fan leaves, and I would say decent internode spacing, curious to see how she'll stack up, but just put her in the bloom room tonight and fresh nutes for the bloom cycle

ahemait

ahemait

Alright. Today is D day.
Just going to wait for a friend to stop by and we will get this party started!

Shouldn't be too bad. It's going to be a bit of a bitch taking plants out and replacing them due to the blumat system in place, my quick connects have not yet arrived, but otherwise should be alright.
I am pretty sure I need to pick up a new carbon filter. Especially given its D day.

ahemait

ahemait

D15099c9 c1e0 4f27 83a5 d2c5c628454f
B18c0132 0b7d 4883 8de0 88408a4e7c1f
589345f5 18ae 44be a095 69a25abd16e5
A1ddf9a3 5aae 401d b92e b97684326a12

B is black indica
P pineapple express
GG grand daddy purp
OG La affie with the stick!

I don't bother with wet weights yet. I am going to get a raspberry pi or arduino and start tracking everything in the near future.

Eesh, trimming sucks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom