• Tagged users None
Uk_thc

Uk_thc

Tri30xzoom
30x trichome zoom no clue when to harvest help pls 2
View attachment 211053 hi all

i have this chemmy jones at 8.5 weeks flower
how is it looking to you guys?
not sure when to start flushing really either?

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

also if anyone could point out what i should be looking for? looking at it myself it looks like 60% - 70% cloudy tri's, but then im not sure if i know what im looking for

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i like it all clouded up with a few amber glands. the trichs will reflect the orange hps light, so take it out and look at it under normal light. sounds like you're in the early part of the harvest window so its all a matter of preference. and it looks like its gonna be a dank harvest.

rvd

rvd

you are looking at the little balls on the top of the tri,s i think now would be good.rvd

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

thanks all for the reply's

im now going to look to start flushing in the next few days then.

theres 3 plants, and ive been hoping for 2,oz per plant,
anybody have any educated yield gueses from the pic?
this is my first propper grow, i done a run of lowryders before this, so i dont have anything to compare to

Group

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

First off thats a very nice grow you got, great job, anywayz it's kinda hard to guess how big the yield is with nothing to compare the buds too, the fan dont help cuz it could be a 4" or 10"...maybe take another pic with your hand or something next to a bud so ppl can gauge the size better.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yep. Those do look Great! Nice work. Fat Buds! Look ready to flush to me..
could have 6 zips there..cant be sure though..

Hey UK; How'd you Take that 1st photo? is that what I think it is?

B

BudCandy420

Those girls sure look good. I would start the flush, then get ready to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

rvd

rvd

that shit looks bitchin to me. i love it. im going with ken 6 oz.rvd

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hi all

i have this chemmy jones at 8.5 weeks flower
how is it looking to you guys?
not sure when to start flushing really either?
Ok, first, she's/they're pretty much done. I can explain later on what other features or aspects that I use to gauge doneness, and the clear-cloud-amber progression is last on my list of importance in terms of making that assessment. The only caveat I offer is for those who grow very Sativa dominant plants, and that is to NEVER take them too early, that seems to lead to the worst highs (paranoid or depressed thoughts, a little too cerebral in the wrong way) to me.

Second, that zoom is not 30x magnification, that's not even 5x magnification. True 30x is too tight, in my opinion, to get an idea of trichome progression. I personally prefer 10x (I use a jeweler's loupe) so I can get a field of view that allows me to see clearly the trich heads while viewing at least several dozen at a time.

Alright, so why do I say those girls look done?
  • For one thing, there are barely any white pistils on them. May I assume that there are few new white pistils popping out? If so, probably nearing the end of the run.
  • For another, those calyxes look like fat peaches and the buds look incredibly thick (really quite nicely done by the looks! Have they stopped building, fattening? If so, another indication they're done. Based on personal experience, I can tell that if left, buds literally shrink.
  • Bananas this late in flower are yet another indicator that the plant is nearing the end of its life.
  • Some strains, depending on how they're being fed and conditions, may change color or fade to yellow. I personally like to see a nice fade as they near the end, I feel it helps give me the pretty 'blonde' (a lighter green, rather than darker) buds I happen to like the looks of.
As far as trichome progression, there's a lot written on at what point you gain one effect or another, after that it's really personal preference. I prefer mostly cloudy because I prefer as little of the couchlock high as possible, I want an energetic, cerebral, pain-killing, endurance-inducing kind of high, because I've got shit I want to get done.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

Ok, first, she's/they're pretty much done. I can explain later on what other features or aspects that I use to gauge doneness, and the clear-cloud-amber progression is last on my list of importance in terms of making that assessment. The only caveat I offer is for those who grow very Sativa dominant plants, and that is to NEVER take them too early, that seems to lead to the worst highs (paranoid or depressed thoughts, a little too cerebral in the wrong way) to me.

Second, that zoom is not 30x magnification, that's not even 5x magnification. True 30x is too tight, in my opinion, to get an idea of trichome progression. I personally prefer 10x (I use a jeweler's loupe) so I can get a field of view that allows me to see clearly the trich heads while viewing at least several dozen at a time.

Alright, so why do I say those girls look done?
  • For one thing, there are barely any white pistils on them. May I assume that there are few new white pistils popping out? If so, probably nearing the end of the run.
  • For another, those calyxes look like fat peaches and the buds look incredibly thick (really quite nicely done by the looks! Have they stopped building, fattening? If so, another indication they're done. Based on personal experience, I can tell that if left, buds literally shrink.
  • Bananas this late in flower are yet another indicator that the plant is nearing the end of its life.
  • Some strains, depending on how they're being fed and conditions, may change color or fade to yellow. I personally like to see a nice fade as they near the end, I feel it helps give me the pretty 'blonde' (a lighter green, rather than darker) buds I happen to like the looks of.
As far as trichome progression, there's a lot written on at what point you gain one effect or another, after that it's really personal preference. I prefer mostly cloudy because I prefer as little of the couchlock high as possible, I want an energetic, cerebral, pain-killing, endurance-inducing kind of high, because I've got shit I want to get done.

thanks alot, and yes.
id say they grew slow, growth splurt, and have slowed again,
and like you say, there are new growths appearing also.

"NEVER take them too early, that seems to lead to the worst highs (paranoid or depressed thoughts, a little too cerebral in the wrong way) to me"

and thanks also for the above, i know what you mean and they are traits i defo like to avoid!

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

here's some "slightly" better pics, only have my phone camera at the mo!

also,
has anyone got an opinion on adjusting the ph value of the water you flush with?
I only grew lowryders once before and i didnt adjust the ph and ended up with weed with no taste or smell ( there was alot more things that went wrong also which could have contributed)

as it stands im adjusting the ph tp 5.8 - 6.0

UK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally don't pH when they're ready for water-only (which for me is usually water+molasses @very low rates). Your girls look beautiful, btw. Others DO pH their flush water and do so religiously, so you're going to get varying opinions on that. Even though I don't bother, I can't see as how it would hurt.

buddogmutt

buddogmutt

Banned
when these have a 60%---40% amber to milky ratio...here they're clear...too early..amber gives a couchlock high(indica style)...milky give an up active high(sativa style)...so up to you and you desires...i like the best of both and that 60%--40% amber to mikly does it perfect..IMO!

Huju
LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

They look great to me bro and like most have said its sorta personal choice when to harvest. But as you stated that this is your second run, after a few runs your going to know what your personal harvest times will be. And using a loop or glass now will help later with different strains too.

Great grow my friend, ya killed it,

LSY

Top Bottom