4 Strains, 2nd Grow.

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

So this definitely could have been worse but another spot I was watching for rot started to look worse.
Had to cut away about an inch and a half circumference. Sprayed down with alcohol.
They are really close to time for harvesting. May have to take part of this one early.

IMG 6191
Irish063

Irish063

Ended up having to chop the rest of the top off. The stem shriveled and colapased. Sucks to take a solid two inches off the top of the cola but better than it spreading.

Irish063

Irish063

Urggghhh!!
Looks like I didn't except the torrential rains we had unscathed.

Mold mold go away. Found another spot but this time just on the stem of a different AK-48. It's where I had some tape to hold a lower stem up because it was getting too heavy and falling over.

Clipped away the nug next to it and sprayed with alcohol. It doesn't look like it got inside the stem. I'll watch today and tomorrow see what happens.

I think I'm going to go ahead and harvest all the 48's to be safe. The tricks are all milky so it will just be a bit racy head high. They look like they could still bulk up some but it's getting iffy on changing it.

IMG 6199
Irish063

Irish063

Coming down this weekend as well(AK-48) as the Strawberry Kush. I was hoping to be able to flush but didn't plan things out well enough.
I know people say you don't necessarily have to in soil but I like the thought and was hoping to bring out the color in the flowers of the strawberry. Oh well I guess. Next run

IMG 6210
IMG 6211
Irish063

Irish063

Look killah!
If mine look half that good I'll be supper happy
Thanks man. I'm sure your's will turn out great with how well they are looking now. I saw that pic with your pre flowers. Keep it going and they'll turn out awesome.

Irish063

Irish063

It's crude and pretty rough but here's the start of the drying rack. I have a few that need to come down. I made pretty much the same last year but didn't have the plastic on the bottom.
I'll finish with black plastic on top to block out light. There will also be a heater and a humidifier in the room to bring up the ambient temp and Rh. Otherwise my numbers will be in the high 50's for each.
I figure the plastic will help hold in some moisture to slow the process down some.

IMG 6215
Irish063

Irish063

]
Feed on 5.8 to 5.9 runoff 6.3.6.5 help please
Sorry I don't know what a good recomendation would be. When I had a pH runoff problem like that after I feed them at a slightly lower pH it corrected itself.
Your in CoCo right? I know I'm soil you can topdress with some admendments and it will help bring it down but I don't know about CoCo.
Make sure you post in the main section as well (Basic growing)

How do the plants look? Are they looking healthy? I'd say that's the biggest concern. Does it look like they are showing signs of lockout or defeciencies?

Irish063

Irish063

Didn't get out as early as I had intended this morning. 2 Strawberries and a pineapple came down this morning. Made it out right before first light. These photos are about 8-10 mins apart

IMG 6227
IMG 6228
Last edited:
Meakanu

Meakanu

@martin1992 im super new but sounds like the roots arnt getting a Chance to breath. Please take my suggestion lightly as I am super new myself.
I'd take @Irish063 advice and post a new topic in the Basic growing fuarm.

@Irish063 is there a reason to get up super early to harvest before sunrise? Or are ya just trying to make sure you have enough time in da day to trim all those frosty buds?

Irish063

Irish063

I been advised to feed every day with 25 percent runoff if you just feed an let it dry out salt can build up I noticed they our looking a lot better but could look better bit I'm learning day by day waiting on ec tbs coming tommrow and dehumidifier ow and today they really got bigger them early buds 2 weeks tommrow I'm using cana a+b and cana boost in coco under 600wt dual spectrum light in 4Ă—4 tent can I add calmag or is my cana nutrients got everything?
I think @Meakanu is right on the money. What I do now about coco (which is little) is you can't let it dry but you definitely need to let's the roots breath. Salts will build up in coco, that's the other thing I know, so it seems like a delicate balance.

Cool sounds like you are on the right track if they are looking better. I would repeat that process a couple more times until they look healthy and then stay at that nite strength for a few feeding then slowly graduate up depending how much longer you have.

Not sure if if has cal mag or not. I'll check it out in a min. You probably could I might hold off until you feel like they have stabilized some. If they are already turning around that should only be a day or two. No need to add another variable into the equation just yet.

Irish063

Irish063

@martin1992 im super new but sounds like the roots arnt getting a Chance to breath. Please take my suggestion lightly as I am super new myself.
I'd take @Irish063 advice and post a new topic in the Basic growing fuarm.

@Irish063 is there a reason to get up super early to harvest before sunrise? Or are ya just trying to make sure you have enough time in da day to trim all those frosty buds?
Thanks man. So consensus is from what I have read and seen posted. THC levels are highest in the morning (or an hour or two hours before lights on). I don't have any science to back it up but I'm sure there are tons of sites work on here. I was hoping to get up about 5:30 but couldn't drag myself out of bed until 6:15 :)

Meakanu

Meakanu

Thanks man. So consensus is from what I have read and seen posted. THC levels are highest in the morning (or an hour or two hours before lights on). I don't have any science to back it up but I'm sure there are tons of sites work on here. I was hoping to get up about 5:30 but couldn't drag myself out of bed until 6:15 :)
Ah! Right on, better safe then sorry sorta thing. Thanks for the information.

Irish063

Irish063

Ah! Right on, better safe then sorry sorta thing. Thanks for the information.
For sure. There is a sub forum on here for drying and curing. I think it's on the basic growing section. I know it talks about it. Also someone just started a thread last week about this and most people in there said the same.

Irish063

Irish063

Not as organized as I would like but I was running out of room. Tried to keep things roughly the same size as I hung them.
I was hoping to be able to set trim these but have not had a chance so it will probably work out better since it is so dry in the room. Even with a humidifier going it's a little challenging to keep it above 50 % rh

IMG 6236
Meakanu

Meakanu

Not as organized as I would like but I was running out of room. Tried to keep things roughly the same size as I hung them.
I was hoping to be able to set trim these but have not had a chance so it will probably work out better since it is so dry in the room. Even with a humidifier going it's a little challenging to keep it above 50 % rh
Nice harvest!
Do you have any large plastic bens? I bet if you stuck a few plastic bens in there and filled them up with a few inches of water it would really raise your relitive humidity. If ya don't have bens im sure any kine container with standing water would help. Just think the bens would allow more water surface area and allow for more evaporation dats why.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Guys are I feed plant's I even dropped ph into 5.5 still coming out 6.9 7.0
I'd say give it some time. Continue to water/feed at 5.5 and check your run off again in 3-4 days. Your plants don't look bad from what I can see.
Again I'm also new at this so please take my advice lightly.
Aloha

Irish063

Irish063

Yes i cut my nutes in half as I think its getting to much nitrogen my leafs our dark green fan tips clawed face down I done a flush with nutes gave them a heavy flush should I repeat the procces today or give them a couple days and flush my ph in feed is 5.8 but runoff is like 6.7 I'm not keen I'm think of drop ph 5.5 untill it sits were I feel comfortable but I think run off is because I used to let coco dry out all the time do you think it will adjust itself
I am not giving solid advice hear because it's out of my knowledge but I think another flush would be good like you were thinking.
Don't let it dry out. From what little I have read through threads if you let it dry out you can develop salt build up and turn into a nutrient lock out.

I think your on the right track. I honestly don't know about going to 5.5 ph until they sit were you want them. I'd try 5.6 and see how they respond. You don't want to swing to far in the opposite direction. I did that earlier on in my grow and it seemed to help. Went down to about 6.0 ph on a watering to help get the runoff to a ph that was more optimal

Irish063

Irish063

Guys are I feed plant's I even dropped ph into 5.5 still coming out 6.9 7.0
They might be a little dark but honestly they look pretty healthy and personally I don't think they look to dark green(I'm no expert). You do have a little burn on the tip of that one. And something with that other leaf but it seems pretty minimal. If it's not affecting a big percentage of the plant I'd ride it oh another day or two and see what happens.
Definitely post this in the basic growing info as well. There are tons of people there that could give you solid advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom