400W HPS vs. 600W HPS

• Thread starter bootlegbrewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bannacis

Bannacis

Bro u want the best advice ive had in a while with growing forget all about lumens im soo sick of hearing ppl talk bout lums lol the reasoning is because lumen is a measurement man made to measure the brightness of how the human eye can interperate light this doesnt apply to plants u can have a 2700000000000000000 billion lumens through a green light and ur plant will not grow a inch ots alot about spectrum man and do ur homework on lux and par
Why you ranting on that? Yes lumens is a human eye measurement...so a 50,000 lumens is still better than 5,000 lumens. IT can be used as a reference. or to explain a point. You can have two 400 watt hps bulbs, the lumens rating could differ. So if one is 10k lumens more...that would be the prefered one. Because usually lux and par are not indicated. So one has only lumens to go by. But a GREEN light? WTF?

Last edited:
N

Nt.lex

Why you ranting on that? Yes lumens is a human eye measurement...so a 50,000 lumens is still better than 5,000 lumens. IT can be used as a reference. or to explain a point. You can have two 400 watt hps bulbs, the lumens rating could differ. So if one is 10k lumens more...that would be the prefered one. Because usually lux and par are not indicated. So one has only lumens to go by. But a GREEN light? WTF?
Uve clearly misunderstood the point im trying to make man lumens arent an accurate measurement yes they will tell u how bright a light is but if you want to talk propper grow lights mate its all done in lux or par and if ur looking this far into things u should know ur lux and par and spectrum .
If ur looking ito things enough to work out the par or lux seing as its the biggest contributing factor it will create a difrence more than increasing the wattage if hes using wrong globe spectrum ect

N

Nt.lex

And dont coment in my shit if ur not even smart enough to find out the proper unit of measurement that plants respond to lol ur going through all this even chatting on forums but u dnt go into looking at the par on ur lights seriously mate wtf

N

Nt.lex

Spectrum man! Its all about the spectrum. Sun grown. Im really high off Oak OG. That first sentence should be read in a slow voice stony style.
Thankyou bro u know something about what ur doing bro not like ither lost cunts that comment when they dnt weven know wtf they talking bout

Bannacis

Bannacis

And dont coment in my shit if ur not even smart enough to find out the proper unit of measurement that plants respond to lol ur going through all this even chatting on forums but u dont go into looking at the par on ur lights seriously mate wtf
Thankyou bro u know something about what ur doing bro not like ither lost cunts that comment when they dnt weven know wtf they talking bout
Listen...this post is not about YOUR SHIT... And I do know what i'm talking about...All the shit your talking about is a form of measurement...THAT'S ALL. whether it's lumens or lux/par it is only a guideline.
You look at all the different specs they put out on lights. Not everybody has the equipment to read PAR, Lumens just a marketing number... I know that its about the spectrum...I know that LUMENS is the human eye measurement and par is more accurate for light intensity measurements.
All I said is you can use Lumens (if thats all the spec you got) to see which same wattage lights is better. Not all lights specs tell you par/lux on the box or even on a particular web site.
And the reason I commented on "your shit" Even though this is not your thread. is because you just totally highjacked this thread and berated somebody for no reason. Then your quick to insult...
No matter who writes on these post....You don't insult ... This forum is for information sharing, Not for throwing out a little info that you probably read off somebody else post and thinking your a Light expert.

H

heisen

400 watt:
Initial Lumens: 55,000

600 watt:
Initial Lumens: 88,000

1000 watt:
Initial Lumens: 145,000

want to see a real increase in yield go with a 1000 if you can...

not sure youd double your yield with a 600 but it would be better for sure!
I would go with 2 315cmh in a 4x4 before I go with anything HPS.for tents and small grows HPS is dead dick in the mud technology.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Some peeps do whole grow with CMHs, it has a more bluish spectrum so i would suggest some red spectrum supplemental lighting. but they should still do well on there own. If its all you got...its all you got.

Top Bottom