A Grower's Biggest Headaches

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This thread is meant to help folks be prepared for what can only be called A Grower's Biggest Headaches. So, what I would like is for those 'in the know' on any issue that you think is pertinent, that YOU maybe wish someone had given you the heads-up about, to put that here. A Medicine Chest/War Cabinet, if you will, these are things that you should have on-hand to wage battle at a moment's notice, or at the very least stave off damage until you can wage a proper war.

I'm going to begin with some stuff that's off the toppa my head. Good-to-haves & must-haves.

• Horticultural oil (stylet or similar)
  • SM-90
  • Azamax/Azatrol
  • Spinosad
  • Any good Bt spray
  • Epsom salt (MgSO4)
  • Seaweed extract (ANY, really)
  • 91% Isopropyl alcohol
  • H202 (I only ever get the stuff you can get at the pharmacy, myself)
  • Chlorine bleach
  • Liquid dishsoap
  • Greencure
Ok, that's what I'm coming up with while having an almost-three-year-old trying to get my attention. Please add to this list as you see fit! (The bullet option is up top, makes listing fun.)

H

HannaMan

Hey, excellent idea for a thread...

• Eagle20 (Systemic, DANGEROUS, use in EARLY VEG only)

POWDERY MILDEWs worst nightmare,...Eagle20.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Floramite/Avid are good additions, though most folks I know only purchase them after they've been visited by Borg.
Hey, excellent idea for a thread...

• Eagle20 (Systemic, DANGEROUS, use in EARLY VEG only)

POWDERY MILDEWs worst nightmare,...Eagle20.
Fuck ME you are not kidding! I'm going to be ordering some, but for some reason my vegging girls have been remaining relatively PM-free.

I've been pretty busy the past couple of days and only now have a chance to check back. I can't have gotten all the basics in that one post, can I?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

floramite for bugs and hygrozyme/cannazyme or h202 (if you don't use bennies) for fighting root rot.

i have about 3 other products besides flormite on hand for the bugs and i have hygrozyme and 20% h202 on hand for roots.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How about equipment for emergencies? UPS wouldn't do much good, we have a generator because we lose power on a regular basis up here.

I'll have to add the following extras to have on hand:

• Timers (15min increments at least, please, and WallyWorld, what happened to the selection?)
  • Extra bulbs for any/all fixtures you use.
  • Mag coil ballast parts (again, if you're a mag coil ballast user)
  • Computer strips (the extension cords that are grounded with the switch)
  • Air pumps and tubing
Right now I need to figure out how to plug the hole I drilled in the wrong place on one of my flood trays. I didn't pay attention!

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Gorilla tape has worked for me to plug holes in tray. No leaks yet. I guess we should add some good duct tape to the list.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Get a good sprayer it will save time and make better use of your expensive pesticides/foliar foods.

Sprayer: 1/2 gallon per minute fogg-it head (the green one) on a 25' hose connected to a sump pump in a 5 gallon bucket.

wateringsystem.jpg

or one of these atomizers work great.

11455.jpg

Here is the link to my IPM strategy:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cheech, I like it, never heard of the fogger head and I've been on a fucking foliaring frenzy lately (PM). What's the hp on that sump pump? I've got a 1/6hp pump on hand already.
Gorilla tape has worked for me to plug holes in tray. No leaks yet. I guess we should add some good duct tape to the list.
I use the living shizzy out of Gorilla tape! But, my trays are well-used and I tried the Gorilla tape, eventually it leaks.

Yep, Gorilla tape must be added to this list.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Cheech, I like it, never heard of the fogger head and I've been on a fucking foliaring frenzy lately (PM). What's the hp on that sump pump? I've got a 1/6hp pump on hand already.

I've used both the 1/6 and the 1/3. The 1/3 horse was only a little stronger than the 1/6 and for the added weight/cost it wasn't worth it. I think the 1/6 horse would be perfect. Also I like the lowes 5-gallon paint buckets, soft foam handle, food-grade plastic & have markings for gallons on the side. IMO they're worth the extra $2-3.

F

fuzzy

Very cool thread.I find having some extra cheap propogation trays lying around can be very useful also.Just for those utoh moments or watering little ones. peace,fuzzy

B

Bobby Smith

Right now I need to figure out how to plug the hole I drilled in the wrong place on one of my flood trays. I didn't pay attention!

Lol, I did the same on my 4x4 tray - in the plumbing aisle in Home Depot they have a stopper (made for bathtubs, methinks) that fit perfectly inside it - a little aquarium sealant and it's never leaked.

I can run out to the garage and get you a pic if you want the actual make/model.

Still laugh whenever I look at it and see two E&F fittings and a bathtub stopper.

hiboy

hiboy

Seamaiden... if you dont like the silicon dealio with your um....... hole.... you can install the regular drain fitting and screw in a pvc nipple with a cap upwards and that should take care of it..:character0113:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Always Needed

Cal mag, and silica adding these prevents many problems

mal

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

A wet dry vac and a mop.

good call on the vac. you know sooner or later there is going to be a flood. I like the shop-vacs that have the built-in pump so you don't have mess your shirt up dumping 30 gallons into the slop sink. :)

M

mr cheese

ph up n down! nothing worse than mixing fresh nutes only to spill ur last bit ph over! now your hydro systems drying out while ur waiting for the shop to open! yep got the t.shirt! lol.....mrc

aleYarok

aleYarok

damn i wish this thread existed when i first started.

i wasnt prepared for anything... as it was my first grow, just waited for things to happen and then looked online on how to fix it.
i figured since i had a completely sealed room i wouldnt have to deal with pest.
would have saved me a whole lot of time if i knew about:
eagle 20 for powder mildew
floramite for mites
merit 75 for root aphids

this next run should go smooth as butter, wont have any pest to worry about which was our worst problem...

Latest posts

Top Bottom