Alcohol Extraction

• Thread starter ShiftyThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PenguinSmoke

Ok so I've recently used 91% isopropyl alcohol to do an extraction. Floated my trim and shook vigorously for 90-120sec. Filtered through a coffee filter into a pyrex and put a fan over it to let it evaporate until morning. What's left has been absolutely awesome. My question...do I need to put the dried pyrex in the over for 10-15min on 200ish to decarbo blah blah convert the THC or is it good to go? Seems to work pretty well. Thanks

Using the iso alcohol extraction, can it be used in an oil pen?

dabs4life

dabs4life

anyone else take a bag of ice and dump into a tray, dig holes in the ice for the jars of liquor and bud, dump salt in those holes and put the jars in, spin the jars for a bit, freeze for a bit, take out the freezer and do your stuff putting the jars back in holes and spin the jars cooling shit down.

ill let the jar thats soaking sit still for the first half, then spin the fuck out of it the last and dump quickly. then back in the hole for a second wash. the salt makes a smooth frozen surface and that jar fucking hauls ass. i knows it keeping it cold as fuck but i like to think its pulling resin outwards to get dumped. who knows though.

i use everclear for days. last run was a zip of c99 hybrid that looked awesome. my phone doesnt take good pics but my broke ass iphone does so being the dumb fucker i am i thought i could bluetooth to my droid and post. nope. fucking apple. ill post when i go somewhere.

combined first two runs to make a bomb wax, third run came out crumble. i stir and use moving air to speed shit up so whatever texture is cool.

Bluangel1958

Bluangel1958

Ok so I've recently used 91% isopropyl alcohol to do an extraction. Floated my trim and shook vigorously for 90-120sec. Filtered through a coffee filter into a pyrex and put a fan over it to let it evaporate until morning. What's left has been absolutely awesome. My question...do I need to put the dried pyrex in the over for 10-15min on 200ish to decarbo blah blah convert the THC or is it good to go? Seems to work pretty well. Thanks
Wow! I just put a bunch of stems I had in 91% isopropyl I left them in a warm dark spot fir about 3 weeks. (Just messin round with this.) Anyway it turned really dark green. So then I strained it and set the liquid in a little jar on my window Sill. After a week I have gooey brown stuff and it is pretty nice!! 🥴

Bluangel1958

Bluangel1958

Do you get a decent yield only shaking for 15 seconds? I'm pretty sure the longer, the more chlorophyll you pull. That being said, I would have thought 30 seconds would be about a minimum. If you don't mind, would you write a little more detailed thread about your process. I'd like to try it next time. Also to reiterate pheno's question of where do you find 99% iso?
So I threw iso 91% in a jar of stems left it for several weeks, strained the dark dark green liquid, let it sit on windowsill and evaporate off. No chlorophyll taste. Is really pretty decent stuff. Never done this before. Was just messing around. Nice sticky tasty goo.

Bluangel1958

Bluangel1958

heat in not needed imho. if i do heat its only at the very start and at the end and it is very low heat ie double boiler just to get it moving. it does take longer. we also use everclear for black oil. and its the shiznit, peeps always talk trash on it till they try it! maybe the lack of heat helps with the probs usually associated with ethanol? the double boiler method is what the monks who made thai sticks used. rice wine alcohol in earthenware double boiler heated by the sun.
So I have was just messin with some stems I had. I put them in small Mason jar with iso 91%. I left in warm spot for apx 2 wks. Turned really dark! Then I poured out liquid into another jar (forgot to strain). Left it sitting window Sill for another week. It evaporated nicely. Left me dark brown gooey stuff. It is pretty decent. I'm a high tolerance person and it works for me. So I'm seeing alir if different info on here. What should I be doing different? When I do this, it will generally be just left over stems and such.

R

rose54

yeah go online or any hardware stock it in paint thinner section ull find 100% brand is diggers

R

rose54

99% Isopropyl Alcohol @ 66 Seconds of Agitation...

Motivation-ISO.jpg
yeah the bubbles and coulor beatiful. i find biggest thing if any dust or anything hits it u lose your the chance of dabbing it. do u find this true

Top Bottom