Aloe Grow

• Thread starter JMcG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

Ha!
Well, not really a full on run of aloe, but I did pick up four small starter aloe plants at HD while I was getting materials for all my no till beds. Sound like I’ll be using it quite a bit!
Other than just sitting them in my window and forgetting about them, like the cactuses, is there a better way to get these little uns to grow quickly? Will they take heavy feeding and intense lighting? Thinking I could put them in the corner of my veg room...
Thanks!

R

RanchoDeluxe

Ha!
Well, not really a full on run of aloe, but I did pick up four small starter aloe plants at HD while I was getting materials for all my no till beds. Sound like I’ll be using it quite a bit!
Other than just sitting them in my window and forgetting about them, like the cactuses, is there a better way to get these little uns to grow quickly? Will they take heavy feeding and intense lighting? Thinking I could put them in the corner of my veg room...
Thanks!
Small aloe plants can't take much light at all. The aloe usually in our area isn't barbadensis, still works though.

JMcG

JMcG

Small aloe plants can't take much light at all. The aloe usually in our area isn't barbadensis, still works though.
I didn’t realize we are looking for a specific strain. Barbadensis you say...?
Well I just checked, that are indeed Barbedensis!
What is it that makes this strain preferable?

Reactions: Ina
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

But the way what do u do with aloe? The prune the branches and sell at the store, I know u can use it on burns, but what else? Can u identify my cacti I have no idea what it is. SNOLEPERD

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thought I killed this one last yr..(took too many cuts between me and my clones..LOL)
BUT..just like weed..it survived:) It stayed in the window and now that the days are longer (picture in Dec 2017), it is starting to go nuts. I feed a bit of Canna Bloom nutes once a month..
PS: these plants love to be left alone..
12 29 17 Aloe

JMcG

JMcG

Think I’ll find a window for a couple of them and put the other two off to the side in my veg room and see what happens!
@Snoleperd ... they can be used for cloning and amending soil.

Top Bottom