Anyone Use Autopilot Greenhouse Master With Computer Software?

• Thread starter Westie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Westie

Westie

Considering this product. Any feedback appreciated
Autopilot part number APCEIC.
Thanks.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run the master green house controller. I don' use the computer setting

Westie

Westie

Thanks, DT. In fact, I looked into this unit because you use, and recommend it.

Went ahead and ordered both the controller and software from my local hydro-hut.

Retired now. Worked in IT as a systems and network engineer for 35yrs.

I'll post a review l once I get enough experence with it.

Thanks.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Software is a phone line plugged into unit, then plugged into laptop. Then u can access th unit.

Blueprint bdac2 is same autopilot copy

Westie

Westie

That's my understanding.

Includes a USB to serial adapter for computer connection, and cable for connecting to the serial RS232 port on the controller.

Here's a screenshot from the instructions.

Capture 2018 03 17 12 07 44
Westie

Westie

True remote access......requires one to take remote control of the above computer.
(PCAnywhere type software).
Ezpz. Been doing that for decades.

Thanks!

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Controller looks like it’s a decent price too. Will be following this thread to see your experience with it.

Westie

Westie

Here is a snapshot of the Raw (unmodified) data in excel file. These can be created using the save, and/or auto save functions. The controller does NOT store any data, the application has to be running on a computer, logging, storing the controller activity as it occurs.

Raw Data
Leew421

Leew421

I got one of those and I got an Iponic 624 with link4. That controller from what i got out of it wasn't true remote. The Iponic is definitely remote controlled. I have been in Cuba messing with my setup and in Hawaii no problem.

Leew421

Leew421

I ended up just giving it to my homie. It's good just bright. Dont have it in the tent.

Westie

Westie

The iponic gear is absolutely fabulous, of top shelf quality, but it's also priced accordingly.

The Autopilot software is primarily providing 3 things when cable connected to a computer.

1. View and change controller settings.
2. View and log controller activity.
3. View and display history logs.

All of the above CAN be done truly remote, by using another computer to take "remote control" of the computer doing the logging.

Leew421

Leew421

Absolutely right westie, that auto is a fine product that does the job well and good priced

Westie

Westie

I also found.....no Fuzzy in software.

The Co2 Fuzzy logic mode can only be changed using the Autopilot keypad.
Fuzzy status, not viewable in software.

There's an led on the face of the Autopilot that show Fuzzy status. (They say Fuzzy is only for compressed Co2.)

No biggie since its usually a set and done dealio.

Top Bottom