Are Rapidled And Similar Kits Worth It

• Thread starter Thunder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thunder

So @Thunder what did you choose to go with?

Just received my 4x4 tent now piecing together fan and ducting. Not looking to go the cheapest route so I am doing more research than spending at the moment. My current idea for lighting is to piece together a cob kit. Leaning toward vero 29 gen 7. Looking to buy 12 cobs all together but have 3-4 I can use for veg. When veg stage is over I can add other lights for flower. For veg I want higher Kelvin and for flower lower and I plan to run both Kelvin values during flower. I'm still researching this topic to see if it worth it.

BombBP

BombBP

I like them for the cooling reason as well cause keeping the chips cool is key to long term reliability and lifetime. Although the worry is if the fan dies.....
Yep. It's best to have some extras lying around just in case. My heatsinks stay damn near cold lol. For sure cool to the touch.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

After doing so much research I think I'm going to peace it together. Way cheaper but also more flexible.
What components are you going to use? Definitely cheaper to piece together and build your own frames.

You asked about veg earlier so I'll share what I veg with. Using CLU048 kits @1400mA. One 300w 6 cob and one 240w 5 cob to cover 4x4'. I almost always have them dimmed. Plants love them. You could easily use 10 cobs and get nice even canopy coverage.
100 6037

What area are you going to veg?? If you need to veg a 4x4 you could use quantum boards. 4 qb 288 with a hlg 480-2100 mA driver would Veg some really stout plants, and be fairly cheap. You could run it dimmed for veg and if you need to flower with it as well. Here's a shot of mine in flower. Covering about 3.5' x 4'. Could cover a 4x4 in a tent, and do very well. This was about a week ago, and now some of the plants are lifting the Tomato cage scrog out of the soil.

100 6092

DGP

DGP

What components are you going to use? Definitely cheaper to piece together and build your own frames.

You asked about veg earlier so I'll share what I veg with. Using CLU048 kits @1400mA. One 300w 6 cob and one 240w 5 cob to cover 4x4'. I almost always have them dimmed. Plants love them. You could easily use 10 cobs and get nice even canopy coverage.
View attachment 775121

What area are you going to veg?? If you need to veg a 4x4 you could use quantum boards. 4 qb 288 with a hlg 480-2100 mA driver would Veg some really stout plants, and be fairly cheap. You could run it dimmed for veg and if you need to flower with it as well. Here's a shot of mine in flower. Covering about 3.5' x 4'. Could cover a 4x4 in a tent, and do very well. This was about a week ago, and now some of the plants are lifting the Tomato cage scrog out of the soil.

View attachment 775128
Looks great, nicely done.

Westie

Westie

I've got wood for one of rapidleds 2x4's.
While fully capable, I'm having trouble justifying a DIY build.
For me, worth an extra 100 to have it plug and play.
Under 5 hundy, after 10% disc.

T

Thunder

While that is a very good deal, I have found if I piece together from different sources I can have 12 lights for that price. Maybe a 100 or so more. Granted, that is no frame. Like mentioned before though I am able to source a ot o tjthse iitems from my job for free. Justy own time to assemble.

Top Bottom