Auto-Darkening Greenhouse

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

if you want a small greenhouse this is under $100. I bought the greenhouse and the flowerhouse flower tarp for $150 last year on clearance. I haven't tried it yet. I can't get the link to work, but it is called FLOWERHOUSE Flower forcer. They have it in springhouse size and flowerhouse size. It is a cover you put over the greenhouse to block out light.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Also for us in hot climates we could build on a platform and use swamp coolers to keep temps down. Very nice idea. Anyone got prices on these?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've seen the Forever Flowering, and while very good, it's also very expensive. Far too expensive to make it a viable option for many. I've asked my husband to put his head to creating an automated covering system for a hoop-house scenario. Garage-door opener is where it starts.
I have found a few places that do the HUGE one's and some places that do really small ones. If anyone know's of an automated blackout system that would run on a horizontal track and could cover a 20'x40' area...please post a link up.

I may just have to bite the bullet and DIY something with garage door opener parts.....but if I could find one out of the box that would be swell.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
SunGrown

SunGrown

A

Anson.etx

Why not use a gear setup like on a boat lift and a few sets of arms mounted externally and just have it roll over like an awning. If you attach the material to the arms the first arm would pull the rest on over and give you complete coverage. Hell you could even put it on a timer if you had to.

F

Fastola

Alright. Ima put one together using a bike. Nvm. Not auto. Just thought about it. Lol. Racking my brain trying to solving this one. Ima build one for a 10x20 carport gh. Now im thinking pvc exterior frame. And i havent gotten any further. But i did think it will be much easier to just build a arm big enough to cover a 4 side type gh.

Bike- check
Pvc frame- check
Something else- check
Iono- check.

Alright.. Water hose winder. Powered by water and one of those hose timers. Could pull it shut. Scratch. Not sure how to unwind it. Lol.

Shit. Ill do it by hand.

T

tWerpboss

i've actually seen a dep powered by water so you're on the right track fastola ^^^ but I'm thinking of going with an auto dep from humboldtlightdep.com if they get them back in stock soon. too much time to set one up on my own

Top Bottom