Beginner Dwc - Need Advice

• Thread starter Tonythetiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I grew these in a scrog with the cheap Chinese cree cobs and I did a terrible job with everything else.

20171122 171930
S

Shawnery

I have four fixtures with two cree cobs in them each. They're rated at 400w but that's bullshit HPS equivalent crap. So all together they pull 800w at the wall which is a nice amount for your space.

Another good thing about them running st such low watts is, it increases life span.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

7_BA54_A59_6082_46_A3_9294_57_E84_EFAB141.jpg

Should I just cut this fan leaf off or would that just shock her?

S

Shawnery

I would never say that because its s personal decision and I don't know enough. Looks like overwatering to me which is easy to do in hydro.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

As close to the stem as you can. Use scissors or sharp knife that has been sterilized.

S

Shawnery

It's crazy how careful people are with a plant that's supposed to be sturdy. I'm not aware of any gardeners that sterilize the equipment. I get that as clean as possible is best but sterile.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I meant just to clean with alcohol. Never hurt to take a precaution.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

So I made some changes again. I decided to put it my girl in a 5 gallon instead of my 20gal tote so my airstones can be more efficient. I also took out my shitty LED and replaced it with a cob 3000. Much more room for activities.

32467458 1844958785522682 2148966378084761600 n
S

stemznseedz

I'd skip dwc without a chiller. before the light upgrade, you said when it gets hot you will throw something frozen in indicating you were already seeing temps too high for dwc or you're confident in your reliability on consistently replacing frozen water every few hours for months which really isn't worth the hassle. that air pump running nonstop along with a top drip pump in the res running non stop your bound to be chained to the house replacing water bottles I'd think.

DGP

DGP

I'd skip dwc without a chiller. before the light upgrade, you said when it gets hot you will throw something frozen in indicating you were already seeing temps too high for dwc or you're confident in your reliability on consistently replacing frozen water every few hours for months which really isn't worth the hassle. that air pump running nonstop along with a top drip pump in the res running non stop your bound to be chained to the house replacing water bottles I'd think.

Same conclusion I came to recently because I was doing nothing but refreezing water containers and running frozen ones out to the reservoirs. Somehow I ground out the money and now I have two chillers, one for veg and one for flower. I think it was worth it....

Dee

Top Bottom