Beginner Grower

• Thread starter RichPorter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RichPorter

RichPorter

This is my first time growing. I have a few plants growing but I’m not sure if they look healthy or if I’m even doing it right. Any advice will help. Here’s a few pictures !!

Beginner grower
Beginner grower 2
Beginner grower 3
Beginner grower 4
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
First off you don’t want more than one plant in the same pot. Their roots will get tangled and it’ll difficult to separate them.

Secondly you need more light. Those things are stretching to reach the light. They should be a fraction of the height they are. Get some good light and they’ll fill out more.

Thirdly the stalks are super thin. They aren’t going to last very long like that. You need to give them some breeze to thicken up the main stalks. At this point you will have to support them with stakes.

The fourth problem i see is the tin foil. You are better off with flat white paint and not using foil at all. If you must you can use Mylar but foil is just going to create hot spots and could burn your plants.

Last edited:
RichPorter

RichPorter

First off you don’t want more than one plant in the same pot. Their roots will get tangled and it’ll difficult to separate them.

Secondly you need more light. Those things are stretching to reach the light. They should be a fraction of the height they are. Get some good light and they’ll fill out more.

Thirdly the stalks are super thin. They aren’t going to last very long like that. You need to give them some breeze to thicken up the main stalks. At this point you will have to support them with stakes.

The fourth problem i see is the tin foil. You are better off with flat white paint and not using foil at all. If you must you can use Mylar but foil is just going to create hot spots and could burn your plants.

Thank you for the advice I appreciate it. I’m going to try to fix everything you told me to.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

iv got a wee tip for a newbie,which almost everyone who's grown weed has done at some point......dont over water.let the soil dry out a fair between feedings.lift up the pot wen its wet to see how heavy it is wen wet then wen the soils dryer out abit (don't let it dry completely of course)
lift up to see how heavy it is.wen its light giv water.that should help with general health unless your soul holds too much water.remember not all soils the same you don't want soil that holds too much moisture as weed plant roots like allot of oxygen around the root zone.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey no worries we all start somewhere. Just keep at it and keep improving every aspect of your grow until you get the desired results. It’s really not difficult but does take some patience and practice. Kudos!

RichPorter

RichPorter

Hey no worries we all start somewhere. Just keep at it and keep improving every aspect of your grow until you get the desired results. It’s really not difficult but does take some patience and practice. Kudos!

I’m on amazon right now and was thinking do you think it would be easier to grow with hydroponics or stay with soil ?

RichPorter

RichPorter

Stay with soil.

Okay cool. Because I just ordered a better light system & I ordered the Mylar & I ordered two fans. I have about 20 bag seeds that came from a zip of some real good bud. The strain was suppose to be Gorilla Glue but you never know when buying off somebody from the street. So I’m going to keep these plants but when my order gets shipped to my house I’m going to start another set up with the rest of the seeds that I have.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice. You’ll do well with the upgrades. Good luck and if you need any help just let us know :-)

Madbud

Madbud

Way too soon for sex. Agree with above advice, especially about watering. 48”cool white shoplights are good for a start. Keep them a couple inches away.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Damn your stretched out bro. Contrary to popular belief seedlings love lots of light, as much as you can give them but they don't like to much heat 65 to 70 degrees is perfect really. Not sure why you'd put more than 1 seed in a cup but I've seen stranger. You won't know sex for about 3 or 4 weeks for males and about 5 to 6 weeks for females. Some strains can take a long ass time before they revel themselves.

RichPorter

RichPorter

Damn your stretched out bro. Contrary to popular belief seedlings love lots of light, as much as you can give them but they don't like to much heat 65 to 70 degrees is perfect really. Not sure why you'd put more than 1 seed in a cup but I've seen stranger. You won't know sex for about 3 or 4 weeks for males and about 5 to 6 weeks for females. Some strains can take a long ass time before they revel themselves.

Na I’m not worried about those plants growing I was killing them but when I put them in the cup I was shocked that they were still alive. But the plant I am worried about I’m having a problem with. When I first made this post somebody told me to get a fan or the stems will never get thick. I got one and now the top part of the plant is getting thick and started to lean over . I just had to add something in the pot to hold up the plant. The top stems are getting very thick and the bottom part of the plant is very thin.... How do I fix it ?

P

Player0685

Na I’m not worried about those plants growing I was killing them but when I put them in the cup I was shocked that they were still alive. But the plant I am worried about I’m having a problem with. When I first made this post somebody told me to get a fan or the stems will never get thick. I got one and now the top part of the plant is getting thick and started to lean over . I just had to add something in the pot to hold up the plant. The top stems are getting very thick and the bottom part of the plant is very thin.... How do I fix it ?
Add more dirt to start there is room still in container for another inch then get wooden shiska bob skewer and stake the plant till its big enough to up pot. Good luck

RichPorter

RichPorter

Add more dirt to start there is room still in container for another inch then get wooden shiska bob skewer and stake the plant till its big enough to up pot. Good luck

Hey wassup I just went out and bought some more dirt and added it to the pot and I took some pictures. Please tell me what you think about the plant

B88F902E 8D4E 493D 92C1 3FC6B8B3DA4D
CFCB1A94 4CFC 4026 803E D3A66505BBCA
3B67FD0B 5E7B 421B 998F 9F28B5B01431
BA06D91B B421 42D1 8CE2 A01007072C12
AF1D9B4B 28F8 41C9 9F34 EAB16A198D94
3680B663 EB88 4695 9E79 2880B6973D58
9FA1A709 C959 49A5 AB25 D821124BA143
DE790AA8 2588 48D5 A748 2BA0B2F7499A
D5F25FD2 A0FA 43D1 9C94 C8DE81DF1D3A
P

Player0685

Hey wassup I just went out and bought some more dirt and added it to the pot and I took some pictures. Please tell me what you think about the plant
It will take some time but it will strengthen with time just baby it along not to say you wouldnt anyways. B52 is really good for stalk strengthening as well to get it beefier a little quicker. Hope it works out for ya good luck

RichPorter

RichPorter

It will take some time but it will strengthen with time just baby it along not to say you wouldnt anyways. B52 is really good for stalk strengthening as well to get it beefier a little quicker. Hope it works out for ya good luck

What’s B52 and can I find it on amazon ?

P

Player0685

What’s B52 and can I find it on amazon ?
Yup its on amazon.com or .ca its a B vitamin supplement helps the plant in several ways you needing stalk strengthening its the product I would use works well for me. Im sure there are lots of other products out there that would help in similar ways. My suggestion is always research Google is pretty kick ass

RichPorter

RichPorter

Yup its on amazon.com or .ca its a B vitamin supplement helps the plant in several ways you needing stalk strengthening its the product I would use works well for me. Im sure there are lots of other products out there that would help in similar ways. My suggestion is always research Google is pretty kick ass

Hey when you look at the pictures I just posted , can you tell what the sex of the plant might be. Idk if you can see it or not but I can see what looks like little hairs or strings where the branch starts at.

Madbud

Madbud

Rich, this is how it works. You give the plant 18 hours of light and 6 hours darkness for a month or two then switch the light to 12 hours on and 12 hours off. In a couple days the plant shows its sex. Hope this helps. Its the light flip that sexes them.

Top Bottom