Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leoman

Leoman

This metric/imperial stuff sucks. The world should agree on one system. I'm nor saying one is better than the other, I just mean it's confusing and shit won't fit now 😢

People are trying to blame pirates for the US not adopting the metric system. Some French guy was bringing it here and his ship got jacked.

I don't think it would have made any difference if he made it here tbh. We've had over 200 years to get on board.

dankfrank83

dankfrank83

People are trying to blame pirates for the US not adopting the metric system. Some French guy was bringing it here and his ship got jacked.

I don't think it would have made any difference if he made it here tbh. We've had over 200 years to get on board.
You guys follow your own path. I respect that. But it would be pretty nice if our tools were replaceable since we all now nato and should be able to grab stuff from each other, homies 🤜🤛

Ragheads be laughing at us when we can't get a can open because we got the wrong opener.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
They do this to us on purpose! I was just talking to a guy about the fuses in my truck and how they tie them into weird hidden shit so you have to take them to the dealer! Fuckers! (Now that is just my tinfoil hat theory) but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ever came out in some whistle blower bullshit hahaha!
It's true, the automotive manufacturers have done this for decades, actually. The long time dream of the automotive industry (think GM, Ford, big companies) has been to make cars "throw away commodities" that people don't fix, they just junk them and refinance for a new one. More money for the companies, banks, etc.

For example these new BMW's have this I-Drive system that consists of something like 12 or 13 different computer modules. If one module goes out, the entire system needs to be replaced, to the tune of 15k just for parts. All of the auto manufacturers are guilty of this, now. They don't want you to fix your car or even pay someone else to fix it, they want you to throw it away and buy a new one. They will never admit this fact on the face, but that is what is going on.

Which is why I will never buy another new car again. I have a particular fondness for 6th and 7th gen Hondas. They made great cars in the 90's and early 00's.. Stay away from any Honda made after 2005 and stay away from most of the other manufacturers made after 2001. Just sayin'... New cars are GARBAGE!!!!!

🤠

Leoman

Leoman

You guys follow your own path. I respect that. But it would be pretty nice if our tools were replaceable since we all now nato and should be able to grab stuff from each other, homies 🤜🤛

Ragheads be laughing at us when we can't get a can open because we got the wrong opener.

I used to repair manufacturing equipment. Some of the machines were standard, some metric, and some a combination. It depends on where they're made and what kinds of modifications have been done. Talk about a nightmare trying to find the right tools and hardware for some jobs.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
It's true, the automotive manufacturers have done this for decades, actually. The long time dream of the automotive industry (think GM, Ford, big companies) has been to make cars "throw away commodities" that people don't fix, they just junk them and refinance for a new one. More money for the companies, banks, etc.

For example these new BMW's have this I-Drive system that consists of something like 12 or 13 different computer modules. If one module goes out, the entire system needs to be replaced, to the tune of 15k just for parts. All of the auto manufacturers are guilty of this, now. They don't want you to fix your car or even pay someone else to fix it, they want you to throw it away and buy a new one. They will never admit this fact on the face, but that is what is going on.

Which is why I will never buy another new car again. I have a particular fondness for 6th and 7th gen Hondas. They made great cars in the 90's and early 00's.. Stay away from any Honda made after 2005 and stay away from most of the other manufacturers made after 2001. Just sayin'... New cars are GARBAGE!!!!!

🤠
I FUCKIN KNEW IT! HAHAHA!!!!! I agree! My big diesel has just enough computer to make it a bitch to work on and my newer jeep is even worse! They are still somewhat mechanical and I can handle all that stuff (fuck the dealerships lol).
It’s insane that they are allowed to get away with that level of “whatever you want to call it”!!! (we all know why but ill stay outta that muddy water here on the farm lol). I have a couple “old” vehicles and those are where its at, need to get the 51 going and that’ll take some time and money. The 79 needs some tlc but with that it would be back up and running : )

dankfrank83

dankfrank83

I used to repair manufacturing equipment. Some of the machines were standard, some metric, and some a combination. It depends on where they're made and what kinds of modifications have been done. Talk about a nightmare trying to find the right tools and hardware for some jobs.
All the distances and measurements in this endeavor has me scratching my head quite a bit.

dankfrank83

dankfrank83

Maybe I over stepped, this is not my thread. But I do know for as clowny as the captain can be he likes to keep it classy around here.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I have had no formal education in English and the English I know I have gotten from watching television though the eighties and nineties when people used words like that. I mean no harm.

No excuse, just trying to explain myself.

dankfrank83

dankfrank83

I lived in the UK for a year. I was talking to my boss about hunting. We both hunted rabbits, me at home where I come from and him in England. He asked med if I was a ferretting man. Meaning if I hunt with ferrets. I didn't. I hunt with my dog. So I told him proudly I'm a dogging man.

Turns out dogging mean the practice of have sex with strangers in parking lots 🤷

English is confusing sometimes.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Thank you, I appreciate it. I have had no formal education in English and the English I know I have gotten from watching television though the eighties and nineties when people used words like that. I mean no harm.

No excuse, just trying to explain myself.
There’s a lot of dynamics when you start getting into world politics and what not. I just know the Farm in general is a place of peace and positivity : )

Yeah American TV is shit lol! It portrays the worst of the worst of what we are over here in the US : ) ✌️

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I lived in the UK for a year. I was talking to my boss about hunting. We both hunted rabbits, me at home where I come from and him in England. He asked med if I was a ferretting man. Meaning if I hunt with ferrets. I didn't. I hunt with my dog. So I told him proudly I'm a dogging man.

Turns out dogging mean the practice of have sex with strangers in parking lots 🤷

English is confusing sometimes.
My kid is learning to read (American English) and some of the terms and words I have to explain to him are so dumb, I’ve told him verbatim “the English language is hard and stupid” hahaha! Hes gettin it though. I can only imagine learning a language that isn’t native to you and all the connotation or whatever, and I understand what might be excepted in one part of the world isn’t in other parts : )

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

As an American I think I can say that we take stubbornness to the next level sometimes. 🤣

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Almost all of our newer automotive vehicles use metric systems for fasteners, nuts and bolts.

Top Bottom