Best Silica To Use?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

OSA vs Pro Tekt vs Silica Si

Pro tekt is the cheapest. Is it worth it to pay much more the one of the other two brands?

brazel

brazel

OSA vs Pro Tekt vs Silica Si

Pro tekt is the cheapest. Is it worth it to pay much more the one of the other two brands?
No silica is silica, don't buy made... that's companies making money cause you don't know how to add water to Potassium Silicate. Soap nut better

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'e used armor si, USA 28, botanicares (white bottle), and a black bottle versions. Imo, I do notice a difference between them. More so, I save my good osa for use in flower only, and save the cheaper armor si for preveg thru flip.

Freshone

Freshone

Agsil 16,you can find it at buildasoil.com,why buy liquid when you can buy powder and make as you need CHEAP?Silica is great but a big rip off scam pricewise,commercial farmers use agsil.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

A few silica products on the market are salty and not derived from the best source.

D

D_G

Lets bump this up again, I am used to potassium silicate, and my local hydro shop sold me that. At home I realize its not potassium silicate, its silicate dioxide.

What is the best silica to use? I kinda wanted the old faithful potassium silicate, because it works.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Lets bump this up again, I am used to potassium silicate, and my local hydro shop sold me that. At home I realize its not potassium silicate, its silicate dioxide.

What is the best silica to use? I kinda wanted the old faithful potassium silicate, because it works.
The silicon source. Silicon dioxide. And it’s best absorbed foliar.

D

D_G

I read somewhere that silicon dioxide wouldnt be so available for plants as potassium silicate. And that potassium silicate is the most used by agriculture. Any knowers?

D

D_G

Well a little more research says Monosilicic acid (H4SiO4 aka ortho-silicic acid) is the most readily available silica. I guess ill try that one.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

“We recommend opting for supplements with a silicon dioxide concentration of at least 8%. Not only will this drive more silica into the cells of your cannabis plants, but it will saturate the soil and increase the availability of the chemical to your roots.”

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

For best results, silica needs to be present in the nutrient solution throughout the entire life cycle of the plant. Plants grown in soil have a better chance of absorbing small quantities of silica that may be available in the soil, whereas plants grown hydroponically do not have a direct source of silica unless this is added as a supplement.

It is a good idea to follow the dosage rates of the particular product being used, but as a general rule, when plants are very young, introduce silica at approximately 20 to 30% of the general feeding rateand increase the application gradually as the plants.”

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Agsil 16H if you go the potassium silicate route or something like Power Si if you want to try monosilicic acid. I havent tried Power Si but it's not supposed to mess with your pH like potassium silicate. Potassium silicate raises your pH VERY quickly.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Potassium Silicate will partially dissociate into monosilicic acid when dissolved in water so it's the right one as that is the only bioavailable form of Si

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use rice hull but if you wanted it to be quicker to become available, then burning rice hull will give it to you.

"Rice hulls are known to have a relatively high content of inorganic compounds representing approximately 20 wt% of the dry hull, 94 wt% of which is silica."

SSgrower

SSgrower

After my 2nd grow I began using Pro-TeKt from Dyna-Gro supplements as I use their Grow in veg & Bloom in Flower stage. I noticed the increase in yield from 3 plant run to a 2 plant run on my 3rd run with Coco/perlite, this 4th run is slow to grow but I am trimming & topping so. I like that it helps uptake of nutrients, Cheers SS

Top Bottom