Better than Kool Bloom.

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey all,

I'm looking for some opinions on a bloom booster to run with Canna Coco. I am currently running Liquid Kool Bloom for 2 weeks, then powdered KB until 1.5 weeks from harvest.

I am happy with the way the KB works. Always looking for the next best thing.

I am only running Canna Coco A & B in full uncut coco in pots.

Thanks.

JPLord01

JPLord01

KISS bro Koolbloom is all you need. I hit them 3 times with koolbloom week 2,4 and 6 at 3 gms a
gl with 6/9.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

If your happy with what you got, why change it?
Personally i use either big bud and overdrive, or hammerhead and moab, depending on the strain
If your looking to try the latest and greatest id look to either heavy 16 or aptus

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

From my experience the Koolbloom combo is very hard to beat for the price.......using the liquid at the label dosage at the start of flower, and then adding the powder starting at around the last 3 weeks of flowering......super easy and works VERY well. And I am not a fan of General Hydroponics nutrients at all.......but truth be told when we tested this combo, it worked very well and better than some of the more expensive alternatives....

The only negative thing I could say is about the powder as it is known to cause hermie traits in some cases......have seen this first hand as well on a couple of strains, so you need to be careful and do some testing to see how sensitive the strain your growing is to the powder formula...

Never seen the liquid formula cause any problems, and there are several "goodies" in the liquid formula that is not mentioned on the label.......

My main dislikes about General Hydroponics is the salt buildup........and the fact that they do not even make most of the products with there name on it......these days I hear they are actually starting to make some of the products they sell......but for the longest time they just bottled the formula that someone else made.....and put there famous label on it....not fond of nutrient companies that do this......but thats just me, and one of my pet peeves I guess you could say.....if you can deal with the salt buildup and manage it efficiently, the products do indeed work and many many people use it succesfully......

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks mastacheeser and HydroRocks.

The reason for this thread was because I was low on Liquid KoolBloom. Sometimes when I go pick up a particular nute, I find something better later. Was just fishing for ideas.

I hear that the MOAB and Hammerhead combo works well, but for the price KB might be king.

I use liquid KB as soon as I start seeing the first signs of budding. Usually 2-2.5 weeks. I start with 5 ml per gal. then the next week up to 10 ml. I then start powdered KB at 1/4 recommended dosage and work my way up to full strength depending on how the strain reacts.

Phillthy

Phillthy

just my experience. strains blow up when i used it. never saw a difference with kool bloom. this is in soil of course.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

IMHO I dont think pk 13/14 is really a fair comparison.

In most cases, like with Hesi PK 13/14 for example, you would not start using PK 13/14 until week 4 of flowering at the earliest.

In most nutrient programs that I have worked with, PK 13/14 is only used once during flowering for a few days up to about a week, and in other nutrient programs like the one I just mentioned here with the Hesi product, it is not used at all until week 4.

Koolbloom (liquid) on the other hand is meant to be used for the ENTIRE flowering period, and then you would add the Koolbloom powder to the mix for the last 3 weeks for ripening and "stacking" effects. With this information, I would consider comparing a product like PK 13/14 to products like koolbloom a "apple to oranges" comparison.

Dont get me wrong, PK 13/14 is a great additive to have on hand for flowering and I guess you could use it as a flowering booster for the entire flowering period if you wanted to, but my experience with using it only once for about a week has shown to be the best way to use a product like PK 13/14.....IMHO.

One of my favorite KISS nutrient programs is to use PK 13/14 once during week 3 or week 4 of flowering depending on strain, and use liquid Koolbloom from start of flowering to the start of flushing, and of course adding the powder koolbloom for the last 3 weeks......During week 3 or week 4 that gets the PK 13/14, I cut the koolbloom dosage in half for heavy eaters and cut it by 75% for finicky eaters during that one week when PK 13/14 is applied.

Phillthy

Phillthy

you are correct but using kool bloom throughout still cant hold a candle to one or two applications of pk 13/14 from my experience. you save a ton of money.

cookiegrower2012

cookiegrower2012

Hey all,

I'm looking for some opinions on a bloom booster to run with Canna Coco. I am currently running Liquid Kool Bloom for 2 weeks, then powdered KB until 1.5 weeks from harvest.

I am happy with the way the KB works. Always looking for the next best thing.

I am only running Canna Coco A & B in full uncut coco in pots.

Thanks.
going to use koolbloom for the first time on current indoor myself, still in veg tho, using foxfarm oceanforrest and 2 1000watt. Was at hydro store the other week and clerk there shown me a blue powder said it was best stuff on the planet. Will get and post name of the "Super Nute" Shortly. super pricey tho $134

cookiegrower2012

cookiegrower2012

IMHO I dont think pk 13/14 is really a fair comparison.

In most cases, like with Hesi PK 13/14 for example, you would not start using PK 13/14 until week 4 of flowering at the earliest.

In most nutrient programs that I have worked with, PK 13/14 is only used once during flowering for a few days up to about a week, and in other nutrient programs like the one I just mentioned here with the Hesi product, it is not used at all until week 4.

Koolbloom (liquid) on the other hand is meant to be used for the ENTIRE flowering period, and then you would add the Koolbloom powder to the mix for the last 3 weeks for ripening and "stacking" effects. With this information, I would consider comparing a product like PK 13/14 to products like koolbloom a "apple to oranges" comparison.

Dont get me wrong, PK 13/14 is a great additive to have on hand for flowering and I guess you could use it as a flowering booster for the entire flowering period if you wanted to, but my experience with using it only once for about a week has shown to be the best way to use a product like PK 13/14.....IMHO.

One of my favorite KISS nutrient programs is to use PK 13/14 once during week 3 or week 4 of flowering depending on strain, and use liquid Koolbloom from start of flowering to the start of flushing, and of course adding the powder koolbloom for the last 3 weeks......During week 3 or week 4 that gets the PK 13/14, I cut the koolbloom dosage in half for heavy eaters and cut it by 75% for finicky eaters during that one week when PK 13/14 is applied.
sweet

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
fox farms open sesame beastie bloomz and chaching work great in fact i had better results with open sesame than with advanced bud blood and its funny they look identical if you had them in clear bag i doubt you could tell a difference and they are price very well give it a try. I really liked using open sesame big bud and overdrive but i think MOAB/hammer head is the way to go I will be using the moab/hammer head and the fox farms os bb and cc with veg+bloom and see what works best I'm really impressed with the veg+bloom although I think it could use a couple of things like more carbs , sugars and some enzymes.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

you are correct but using kool bloom throughout still cant hold a candle to one or two applications of pk 13/14 from my experience. you save a ton of money.

Ummm...let me try one more time.....Not really about being right or wrong, it is about using the products CORRECTLY and EFFICIENTLY......they will always work better when applied correctly and at the right TIME......

If you are seeing better results using just PK 13/14 once during flowering as opposed to using it properly and in conjunction with the koolbloom combo, then I would be taking a good hard close look at my methods and practices, because something is very wrong somewhere.....

The liquid Koolbloom ALONE would provide several advantages including vitamins and other ingredients that would not even be found (nor expected to be found) in a PK 13/14 product.....it just does not add up.....

But besides all those facts about the products, and the MANY YEARS of testimonial success reported from gardeners around the globe.... you still have a "apple and oranges" comparison which really was my point......

Pk 13/14 should not be compared to koolbloom products as they were MEANT to be used for different things, i.e ripening, "stacking" effect, ect..ect...

Again, this was the main point....

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

fox farms open sesame beastie bloomz and chaching work great in fact i had better results with open sesame than with advanced bud blood and its funny they look identical if you had them in clear bag i doubt you could tell a difference and they are price very well give it a try.

Hmm. I happen to have some ChaChing, BeatsieBlooms, and Open Sesame. Maybe my next run I will do a side by side with KoolBloom and The FoxFarm 3 pack.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Hmm. I happen to have some ChaChing, BeatsieBlooms, and Open Sesame. Maybe my next run I will do a side by side with KoolBloom and The FoxFarm 3 pack.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

cool ya you won't be sorry the stuff works pretty good I'm not sure what the kool blooms coasts but the fox farms can't be that much more good luck bud stay frosty bro later.
P.G.

Phillthy

Phillthy

i have been growing for 2 decades. if i dont do it correctly by now i should quit...LOL

its all a P K boost to me. both koolbloom and PK are 0 10 10. i have used both products properly. i work in soil so my mix isnt lacking minerals or anything else. if i want a boost i used kool bloom or PK13/14. Both as directed. I always see better results in the finished product when using PK13/14. better taste, better smell, better yield, better smoke that burns better. i wouldn't use koolbloom again if it were given to me free. the results just arent there to justify it's use with my method of growing. then again i am not pumping up my shit for yield or commercial sale. i am not force feeding with hydro. just grown for my head. i have experimented with everything over the last decade or so. i stick to organic soil and if i want a boost it is PK13/14. no apples, no oranges, just green. whats the problem?

Phillthy

Phillthy

you are better off getting generic sulfate of potash instead of kool bloom powder too. i had better results with that as well. a 50lb bag cost $35 bucks. again, growing in soil.

Top Bottom