Better than Kool Bloom.

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

1 500g jar of moab = 20 bucks. Lasts several grows. It is so not worth sourcing fresh alfalfa, making tea/juicing it then adding that to raw MPK. At least its not worth it to me in my 4x4 tent.

Smokinggun... The hydro store dude tried to sell me some Rock Resi... I laughed at the 80 bucks a quart.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

1 500g jar of moab = 20 bucks. Lasts several grows. It is so not worth sourcing fresh alfalfa, making tea/juicing it then adding that to raw MPK. At least its not worth it to me in my 4x4 tent.

You can buy Triacontanol on ebay, you just need Polyorbate 20 to act as an emulsifier, you can get both for around $30 total and it'll be enough for at least 1 grow cycle.

K

kushsmoker30

I heard multiple times Mg and S help with flavor, aroma, especially S.

it does look at a bottle of botanicare sweets basicly all it is is mag n sulfer or epson salts, funny how alot of hydro store guy's use to tell u to add sugars for favor n smell n then recommend it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

So MOAB does contain Triacontanol?? I keep getting conflicting answers, do you know if anybody has lab results that have proven it??

I'm probably gonna use Snow Storm Ultra indoors this run then use alfalfa for my outdoor season coming up. But that is a good technique, I'll have to try it sometime.

EDIT: NO- it doesn't contain triacontanol, it contains IBA. My bad.
MOAB exposed

ttystikk

ttystikk

I don't think that is how it reads. That says it only has the B1.

Then I've been reading it wrong all this time. I think you may be right... which leads us back to the question of what if anything is in MOAB that makes it better than Kool Bloom? Has anyone tried just straight MPK as a comparison to either of these?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't think those MSDS sheets even test for pgr's, so it won't tell you it contains Tria even if it does.

Its just weird how some work alor better then others and there all 'supposedly' just P and K. I doubt B1 would increase bud size the way MOAB is known to because there have been University studies and they never mentioned B1 increasing weight in any vegetables or fruits (that I now of).

That would be a great comparison ttystikk, but I haven't seen one yet.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Cort, I agree it is expensive, but if you are buying Kool Bloom powder and liquid, and a carbohydrate product (ie: Sweet) you are already spending 80 bucks. The Resinator is all three products in one bottle, so its just more convenient. Not saying it is the end all be all solution just a different product to use. I have had a few batches of herb grown with it and I really do like the results.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Then I've been reading it wrong all this time. I think you may be right... which leads us back to the question of what if anything is in MOAB that makes it better than Kool Bloom? Has anyone tried just straight MPK as a comparison to either of these?

I know MOAB has a far different PK ratio then Kool Bloom, but I'm not sure exactly if thats responsible for increased bud size..

You can't believe everything on those 'guaranteed analysis" labels, I still have an old bottle of Tiger Bloom and the 1st ingredient listed is Calcium Nitrate, but there is 0% Ca in Tiger Bloom.

sky high

sky high

For da fuck of it.... here' are a few NPK values of some of the more popular mixes

MOAB = 0-52-32
KoolBloom powder = 2-45-28
MPK = 0-52-34
Cha-Ching = 9-50-10
Monster Bloom = 0-50-30
H&G Shooting Powder = 0-9-20
Supernatural Bud Blaster = 1-52-31

As far as the GA..... it's amazing to see how some formulas have never waivered in composition while others seem completely different. Would swear that the Shooting Powder was more in line with the others at it's introduction (like 0-50-35)....but hey...it's a foggy place up there between the ears anymore...so maybe I'm 'memberin' it all wrong (?).

And then there's AN Big Bud......omitted from the above list because...well...before I can get it researched and typed in they will have changed the formulation AGAIN.... so ..um..nevermind!

cookiegrower2012

cookiegrower2012

In all honesty there probably isnt a better product than the koolbloom duo out right now but give it a few months, when the sun comes back, and the fertilizer companies will have something else available

cookiegrower2012

cookiegrower2012

The foxfarm 3-pack, open sesame/beastie bloom/& cha ching, work pretty welll when you use it with the new Kangaroots and Sledgehammerproducts they came out with over the summer that just past

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Farmers, thanks for all the replies.

After doing some research, I am staying with the Kool Bloom combo, but have added PK 13/14 to it.

I started with Liquid Kool Bloom around week 2 (when some buds start showing up) at 5 ml per gal. At week 4 I started alternating between PK 13/14 and LKB. Week 6 I started Powdered Kool Bloom. I am at week 9 now and have dropped Canna and boosters. Planning on flushing for 1.5 weeks with Age Old Organics Humic-12, Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed, and Molasses on alternating waterings.

I have some shots of the results of my current schedule, which can be compared to my other (LKB and Molasses), in the Jack's Tahoe OG thread in the coco forum.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/jacks-tahoe-og.51927/

I see a big difference in bud size with the addition of the Powdered Kool Bloom.

As a side note, I was only adding PKB to my feed schedule at every other watering. There are some other factors to consider when comparing the two grows, but after not using PKB for my last 3 crops, I notice a positive difference.

Tahoe week 8 (Liquid Kool Bloom and molasses)
View attachment 301068

Tahoe week 8 (LKB-PKB-PK 13/14)
View attachment 301069

I hope someone got some learnin' outta this. I did.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Mono-potassium Phosphate and Potassium humate, MKP around .5 g/gal (more late in flower) and potassium humate at .25-.5 g/gal

edit to add - i keep changing the part about potassium humate, it's because i was taught to dilute it at 1:5 to make a concentrate, and use that at about 10 ml/gal. I like to mix the MKP and humate seperate then add to the res, humate first then MKP.

hfmedicinals

hfmedicinals

Sorry old thread, but I felt a reply was needed for future researchers. Going back to the OP question.. and more info on KoolBloom.... pay attention to the BOLD areas and particular attention to the RED BOLD

NPK: 0-10-10

General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom is a highly concentrated nutrient additive and promotes vigorous flowering and helps with ripening in annual flowers and herbs. Liquid KoolBloom is rich in phosphorus and potassium and fortified with a secret blend of ingredients.

Liquid KoolBloom enhances essential oil and fragrance production by mildly stressing plants during the blooming stage. It can also be used as a nutrient additive during the second phase of reproductive growth and as a stand-alone nutrient at the end of a plant’s life cycle.

As people have stated, KoolBloom has been responsible for hermie plants in some cases... this is because of the stress!

Top Bottom