Breeding box

• Thread starter MrRightBrain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

So I have been playing around with the idea of building a sealed "well ventilated" enclosure to grow seed plants. My experience is in maximizing yeild in small locations, so I will be doing a smaller box.

In my previous life I was a car stereo installer, so I can do a few things. =)

I am curious if, 1. anyone has links to anything like this maybe someone else has done? I am trying to ffigure out how big I need to make it. I am thinking 2x2x3 feet tall.

any input is appreciated.

F

FreeCannabis

2x2x3 sounds reasonable.

With 3foot height I would go with a 220w pll (4x55w), you will get reasonable coverage and it will be relatively straight forward to cool.

Alternatively you could employ cfl's but will have a tougher time cooling them at that wattage and the heat and light distribution is less even.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

have you considered just building a male isolation chamber? ...that way you could collect pollen and do selective, targeted pollination.

peace, bozo

btw, this isn't my work but rather something i found that was shared by someone else who's name escapes me.

100mic 1x

100mic 2x

100mic 3x

100mic 4x

100mic 5x

100mic 6x

100mic 7x

100mic 8x

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Bozo, could you explain how this box is used exactly?

Thanks!

have you considered just building a male isolation chamber? ...that way you could collect pollen and do selective, targeted pollination.

peace, bozo

btw, this isn't my work but rather something i found that was shared by someone else who's name escapes me.

View attachment 392687

View attachment 392688

View attachment 392689

View attachment 392690

View attachment 392691

View attachment 392692

View attachment 392693

View attachment 392694
Hey

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Bozo, could you explain how this box is used exactly?

Thanks!

Hey
yeah man, it's pretty simple really once you put the box together and the most complicated part of that is wiring the pc fan, which btw is about as complicated as tieing your shoes.

...what isn't clear in the pics is the need for an intake of sorts, it shows the fan/'scrubber' combo but you'd also want to put an intake hole somewhere on the box as well and i'd suggest filtering it too although pollen shouldn't escape through the intake if the exhaust pc fan is of decent quality.

...the 'scrubber' is made from pieces cut from a hepa filter or a furnace filter, something like that and these are available at Lowes and the like for small money, you just need something to filter out loose pollen so none escapes into your budding chamber.

...anyway, once you put the box together you just put the male inside and then you can put the box inside your flower room so he can flower afterwhich you just collect the pollen and use it as needed. (you'd want to take the entire isolation chamber out of your budding chamber whenever you needed to open it to water the male, ...then, once you're ready to put it back take a spray bottle of water and lightly spray yourself and the outside of the box before returning it to your budding chamber, just to be sure there are no free floating grains of pollen, better to be safe rather than sorry)

if you search around there are many good threads on pollen collection and storage so i'd suggest you go ahuntin', lol. ...i'd share links but the threads i know are all on a different forum so you'll have to do your own research and i'd bet when you do you'll find that same info here.

...properly collected and stored pollen can remain viable for years.

peace, bozo

...there should be an assload of information on how to wire up a pc fan as well but if you can't find it give me a shout out and i'll share what i know.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...yeah, i just looked at the pics again and the filter material in the red plastic is the intake, the fan is installed in the clear plastic.

peace, bozo

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Acinfinity makes temp controlled fan sets with a digital display and thermostat the you set at whatever temp you want it to come on at and it shuts back off when it drops below set temp. You would just have to add the filter because they are made for home entertainment centers.
You could get a 3 fan kit and add on a 2 fan for the intake. They come in 1,2, and 3 fan setups a d you can attatch 2 fans together.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Acinfinity makes temp controlled fan sets with a digital display and thermostat the you set at whatever temp you want it to come on at and it shuts back off when it drops below set temp. You would just have to add the filter because they are made for home entertainment centers.
You could get a 3 fan kit and add on a 2 fan for the intake. They come in 1,2, and 3 fan setups a d you can attatch 2 fans together.
See bro you know me to well! That is exactly something I would be interested in. I appreciate that you pay attention to my posts and grows and offer knowledge... You were right on the money with this...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
See bro you know me to well! That is exactly something I would be interested in. I appreciate that you pay attention to my posts and grows and offer knowledge... You were right on the money with this...
This and an extra single fan for intake( since exhaust needs to be greater than intake) would probably cool a small box no prob as long as you had it in a temp controlled room.

S

SchapMd

What is best way to store pollen over a long period. I've heard it almost all but am always looking for new/better info. just got a stellar M in an old pack of alien og. I believe it to be a purple pheno so I'm gona save all the pollen I can after dusting my deathstar bitch.

S

SchapMd

Is one type of container better than another . .i.e plastic,aluminum , or literally in a container a dry rice. that's how I keep my beans but never heard that for pollen

Top Bottom