Bud Washing? Pros And Cons?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

I wash my organic buds right after harvest.
Nothing wrong with it
Heck, it rains on outdoor buds does it not???
Washing smooths out the smoke and gets the foiler spray and other stuff off.
Don’t hafta listen to the neysayers who have never done it.
Try it and see if it works for your grow style.
But
YES!!!!!
It works and works well

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I wash my organic buds right after harvest.
Nothing wrong with it
Heck, it rains on outdoor buds does it not???
Washing smooths out the smoke and gets the foiler spray and other stuff off.
Don’t hafta listen to the neysayers who have never done it.
Try it and see if it works for your grow style.
But
YES!!!!!
It works and works well
I always love trying what folks say shouldn’t be done. Only so I can see for myself why it shouldn’t or should be be done. @Tejashidrow hit a brother up one day soon:jimlad::woot:

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
hey guys I'm fairly new to growing and getting ready for my first harvest soon. I'm doing as much research as possible to ensure I get it all done the right way. However I came across this video here and the guy literally dunks his freshly harvested bud in three separate buckets of liquid.

It's at the 15:15 mark.

Just trying to figure out if this is beneficial or harmful to the trichomes, will it mess with the potency of your bud?

Thanks in advance.
I do a 2 part dunk.. Embalming fluid then antifreeze... Terp city

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Good grower washes bud, makes bud worse. Bad grower washes bud makes bud better.

In other words, if your bud is harsh contaminated and tastless from the get go it surely can't hurt. Enjoy your cornflakes.. Thats what it'll taste like. Like smoking air (unless your a really, really shitty grower, like a dispensary grower, then it'll still taste like your chems and oil products so don't bother.)

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I just hate all that outdoor cannabis as it’s out in the rain and wind getting weaker by the day.
So that’s something I was wondering @hillbil ! I’ve never done outdoors and this year will be my first attempt at it. So does the rain and the climate decrease the potency and what not of a flower compared to indoors??

testiclees

testiclees

Why would anyone flap their gums about a practice that they have zero experience with? Too many unqualified mofo's compulsively play the cannabis guru role.

In typical stoner, know it all style, folks who are not open to the idea and have never tried it offer expert pronouncements.

2ba754862cc57e0a725f78653b41f4d9  animal funnies funny animals
Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

I had to do an h202 wash because of PM and it did the job great. No noticeable difference in strength between one that i did and one that was ok. But I would only do it to fix a problem. As a general practice regular cure and dry. :)

dan1989

dan1989

I can't see much difference between it raining on an outdoor plant. Who knows, maybe it washes out some nasties. I just don't think I could ever bring myself to do it lol

gwheels

gwheels

For PM you can actually see the PM wash off of the bud but it is the hydrogen peroxide that has the effect. Then I used a clothing rack with a fan to dry it off a bit before i cured it. As long as you are not too aggressive you are not going to lose trich heads. Rain doesnt wash them away or we would all be fucked :D

dan1989

dan1989

For PM you can actually see the PM wash off of the bud but it is the hydrogen peroxide that has the effect. Then I used a clothing rack with a fan to dry it off a bit before i cured it. As long as you are not too aggressive you are not going to lose trich heads. Rain doesnt wash them away or we would all be fucked :D

Well I figured this since THC isn't water soluble. Like you say as long as you're not using a pressure washer, shouldn't harm them in theory. I guess the question is what benefits if any come from it

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I will try this on my od plant this year. At least on a few branches and see what happens.

H

Hdinkleman

do this every time works great.
my dogs hair gets washed off.
it doesnt wash off the trichs, well maybe if you used freesing cold water? just use water that is fine for your hand.

i do first a dunk in warm water, then dunk in warm water mixed with small amount of baling soda and lemon juice and then a final dunk in coldish water just to get rid of any warmness from the first two dunks.

warm would be 75 f water i checked with a thermometer.
the final dunk is 63 f water

Top Bottom