Bud Washing? Pros And Cons?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hillbil

hillbil

One more time. Trichs are not water soluble and a gentle rinse is just fine. Note also that some water cure their weed.

Rinsing your bud will do the same as washing your truck or car.

Very old thread.

B

BakAlleyKush

Never washed my herb but appears to be useful if tou have pest or ildew issues. I will keep it as a last resort when harvestting.
Thanks for all the info and insight growers...
One more time. Trichs are not water soluble and a gentle rinse is just fine. Note also that some water cure their weed.

Rinsing your bud will do the same as washing your truck or car.

Very old thread.
T wa

C

countryboywg

hey guys I'm fairly new to growing and getting ready for my first harvest soon. I'm doing as much research as possible to ensure I get it all done the right way. However I came across this video here and the guy literally dunks his freshly harvested bud in three separate buckets of liquid.

It's at the 15:15 mark.

Just trying to figure out if this is beneficial or harmful to the trichomes, will it mess with the potency of your bud?

Thanks in advance.
I have done this with outdoor bud, I used three buckets one with 1 cup lemon juice and 1 cup baking soda in first bucket then rain water in the other two for rinse. I did it because of dust and bugs. I had alot of bugs,dust, dirt and who knows what in water. I strained and looked at debris with cheap microscope I use to look at trichomes and did not see many but I pulled this a little early because I like the buzz better I have grown this strain several times before and noticed no difference in quality or taste. That being said if you let your bud go longer into flower you would probably see more trichome loss but the trichomes lost will not be the best in my opinion.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Usually if I've sprayed anything I'll wash them. It's not an issue just do it when they're fresh cut. I dry them with a fan for a couple hours before I hang them

Mugwort

Mugwort

I've only done it once in 40 yrs because of a mite problem late in flower. And that was just a rinse with cold water.
Midwest...how did that cold water rinse work out? I’ve been fighting with a late flower spider mite infestation. It is only my second plant and I didn’t recognize it until the little bastards were pretty entrenched. I wiped the leaves with a 30% isopropyl alcohol solution followed by drenching with r/o water and drying quickly with fans. During the next two weeks I sprayed thoroughly per instructions azamax twice. Buds actually shrunk due to the mite damage. I was going to dip the colas in cold water before hanging them . What do you think? I wonder if the guy is even going to see the message?

Top Bottom