Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sun

sun

so oldskol or any one else who knows this more complicated organic gardining , if you get a chance could you let me know if i could save the ffof that im useing now , for amending ? iv'e only used organic bottled nuterients on it . i'm really excited about some of these new ideas i'm hearing about.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I use NFTG bottled nutes and amend my soil with dolomite lime for ph stability..plus add mycorrhizae to roots during transplant. I feed, feed, then brew a tea to innoculate (progressive farms compost tea in a box plus cytoplus and molasses) and SLF-100 for an enzyme plus beneficial baterias. I know it's not true living organics or no till or anything but I feel that it's a good start that gets good results with no chems or pesticides. If I get bugs I handle it with natural remedies like rosemary oil based spray or neem. I have a compost pile in my backyard I've been feeding for a couple years that I think I want to turn into an indoor vermicompost, so I can utilize it. I have a feeling that I'll wean off the bottle as I learn more and incorporate new knowledge into my grow. Building a soil is probably my next step..
20170820 213346

BudBogart

BudBogart

ya been digging back in archives and there just isnt much new shit going on with organic grower,,kinda like everyone just said hell with it,,to easy to do it with chemicals and man are there a lot out there,shit

Yup, I think those that think it's easier to just use chemicals are misguided. A can of bone meal, one of fish meal and one of kelp.
Some ewc to make myself feel fancy, an empty coffee can to use to toss approximate measures of the stuff every couple of weeks and you're organic growing. the plant likes it, the soil likes it. Oh, and so much cheaper buying a couple bags of dry, ground meal, I would guess.
Now that canna is legal so many places I think outdoor soil growing is going to become more popular.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so oldskol or any one else who knows this more complicated organic gardining , if you get a chance could you let me know if i could save the ffof that im useing now , for amending ? iv'e only used organic bottled nuterients on it . i'm really excited about some of these new ideas i'm hearing about.
ocean forest is good stuff,,you can still build life in it,,you can even build life in promix if you do it right

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use NFTG bottled nutes and amend my soil with dolomite lime for ph stability..plus add mycorrhizae to roots during transplant. I feed, feed, then brew a tea to innoculate (progressive farms compost tea in a box plus cytoplus and molasses) and SLF-100 for an enzyme plus beneficial baterias. I know it's not true living organics or no till or anything but I feel that it's a good start that gets good results with no chems or pesticides. If I get bugs I handle it with natural remedies like rosemary oil based spray or neem. I have a compost pile in my backyard I've been feeding for a couple years that I think I want to turn into an indoor vermicompost, so I can utilize it. I have a feeling that I'll wean off the bottle as I learn more and incorporate new knowledge into my grow. Building a soil is probably my next step..View attachment 732090
easier than you think,,same as your compost pile patients bring great results,,earlier this summer i didnt have enough soil to finish some transplants i had for my garden,,went to another compost pile out there ,been there a while,,dug down to bottom of it and guess what ,new soil so i used it and those plants i transplanted yeild me a lot of veggies,and damn they got to work quick to,,i might have killed it for a minute distrubing it,putting in my containers,,but i tell ya it didnt take long to come back to life and finish out them plant,lol i als o use rosemary ,for pest,,peppermint oil ,rosemary,neem oil,,the smell will open your sinus for sure,,imagine what the bugs think,,and that pepermint oil alone,one squirt and you watch them spiders get some were,kinda funny really,,they move like a bird after there ass,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yup, I think those that think it's easier to just use chemicals are misguided. A can of bone meal, one of fish meal and one of kelp.
Some ewc to make myself feel fancy, an empty coffee can to use to toss approximate measures of the stuff every couple of weeks and you're organic growing. the plant likes it, the soil likes it. Oh, and so much cheaper buying a couple bags of dry, ground meal, I would guess.
Now that canna is legal so many places I think outdoor soil growing is going to become more popular.
i know it will,,let it come legal here,,i have this whole damn hillside planted with it,,i pretty much live on a rock,,33 deer visit the place,.but legalization,,i have that jack hammer out putting in post and fencing in a heart beat,lmao

Ceveres

Ceveres

You make it sound so simple :joyful: I have an outdoor girl for poop and giggles, all I've done to her is top dress with homemade compost and drench with a tea here and there, and shes been doing great. Slower than my indoor but looks nice. It's been raining so much I haven't had to water her much. I've collected enough rain water for my indoor garden too (mostly.. I fill up from a buddies well when I have to)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You make it sound so simple :joyful: I have an outdoor girl for poop and giggles, all I've done to her is top dress with homemade compost and drench with a tea here and there, and shes been doing great. Slower than my indoor but looks nice. It's been raining so much I haven't had to water her much. I've collected enough rain water for my indoor garden too (mostly.. I fill up from a buddies well when I have to)
simplicity is the whole idea,,let mother nature do the work,and hope she is nice,lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

every time it rains it introduce more microbes,,and that a good thing,lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Very true, didn't think of that! Microbes are out friends hehe
Still gotta get my hands on a copy of Teaming with Microbes. Seems so easy to peruse forums all day, but to actually pic up a book or magazine isn't as easy lol
i got it 2 years ago,and your in for a great read,well worth the money,,if you got time watch living web farms on you tube,got a 6 series study of bio char and the making,,good stuff,then terra preta thats the real magic of great soil,there kinda long,but by end you will understand soil a lot more

Ceveres

Ceveres

i got it 2 years ago,and your in for a great read,well worth the money,,if you got time watch living web farms on you tube,got a 6 series study of bio char and the making,,good stuff,then terra preta thats the real magic of great soil,there kinda long,but by end you will understand soil a lot more
Awesome thank You! I'm always looking for new (good) info. Lot's of misinformation out there lol. I do enjoy a good YouTube vid as well. Now there's an idea: thread dedicated to edicational growing videos (centered on organics of course :smug:) ...annndd GO!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Awesome thank You! I'm always looking for new (good) info. Lot's of misinformation out there lol. I do enjoy a good YouTube vid as well. Now there's an idea: thread dedicated to edicational growing videos (centered on organics of course :smug:) ...annndd GO!
the terra preta,was really informative,,since begging of time folk has used this method of char to build workable soil,and looks like bottom soil from way down south,,full of goodies that give life,,im so pissed i cant make any char right now because of water restrictions in my area,,i have a 500 ft well,water isnt the problem,but the burn ban is,,so in close future im going to build one them tin man that you will see on the living web vids,make my own shit in a control burn,,you will see ,i watched both there long ,about a hour each but you will be inspired after watching them,i was,,ive used ash for 30 yrs to the garden and really didnt know much about it overall,but knew it helped in y garden a lot,,soil base gardens most of my life,,but the char is another critter to admire,,it soaks nutrient from soil and holds on to it,when the plant is ready it takes it,,the char just keeps on going,,i recently told JIPP about this method so she gave a try and just the other day she was telling me the difrence is very recognisable,you will have to excuse my spelling ,i cant lmao

Ceveres

Ceveres

the terra preta,was really informative,,since begging of time folk has used this method of char to build workable soil,and looks like bottom soil from way down south,,full of goodies that give life,,im so pissed i cant make any char right now because of water restrictions in my area,,i have a 500 ft well,water isnt the problem,but the burn ban is,,so in close future im going to build one them tin man that you will see on the living web vids,make my own shit in a control burn,,you will see ,i watched both there long ,about a hour each but you will be inspired after watching them,i was,,ive used ash for 30 yrs to the garden and really didnt know much about it overall,but knew it helped in y garden a lot,,soil base gardens most of my life,,but the char is another critter to admire,,it soaks nutrient from soil and holds on to it,when the plant is ready it takes it,,the char just keeps on going,,i recently told JIPP about this method so she gave a try and just the other day she was telling me the difrence is very recognisable,you will have to excuse my spelling ,i cant lmao
That's incredible! I'm not exactly sure what biochar is but it sounds like a very good thing! I take from what you've said that it's just as the name implies; biochar = some kind of wonderful burnt material? Ill research it a bit and check out those vids when I get outta work. :bookworm:

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

That's incredible! I'm not exactly sure what biochar is but it sounds like a very good thing! I take from what you've said that it's just as the name implies; biochar = some kind of wonderful burnt material? Ill research it a bit and check out those vids when I get outta work. :bookworm:
you will be amazed,i was

BudBogart

BudBogart

My grandma taught me organic gardening back in the 1950's. Trus
Here's a pic of my outdoor all organic girl View attachment 732147

Very nice. Here's mine, planted in last years holes with 2 feedings to date.

sun

sun

View attachment 732270

My grandma taught me organic gardening back in the 1950's. Trus

Very nice. Here's mine, planted in last years holes with 2 feedings to date.

nice bud bogart. thats before my time . it seemed that when i was doing it nobody new much about it . we definatly didnt know any of these technekes . we had `manure compost stuff like that i even brought back ashes from bush partys

tifosi

tifosi

Bubbling out my last combo tea it's 2 1/2 coffee cans of worm castings,small coffee can of chicken manure, 1 cup of organic veg nutes & 2 1/2 cups of flowering nutes. I had half the molasses i needed so i threw in a bit of brown sugar.

20170822 144634
Top Bottom