Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Bubbling out my last combo tea it's 2 1/2 coffee cans of worm castings,small coffee can of chicken manure, 1 cup of organic veg nutes & 2 1/2 cups of flowering nutes. I had half the molasses i needed so i threw in a bit of brown sugar.
love your rig,,i rater use brown sugar myself,,easier cleanup in my uplift tubes,,you going 24 or 36 hours,,i finally ripped everything out of garden today,,finished amending all boxs,now please rain and settle t all..i know why folk dont do compost piles,,haahah they are work turning,,mine is about half way there added more char and animal manure to it,moisten it and piled back up,,tell ya what that pile wasnt that hard to turn when it was just compost,,it is turning into some sweet smelling dirt,,even got a shovel fulls to throw into the sol i made for these clones when they ready,,hell i forgot about them,,shit,,106 today and been at t since 10 this morn,,my ass hurting bad,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

tell ya ,i thought i had figured out why you get grubs in your garden,,thought it was because of compaction or anerobic soil on bottom,,thought,,well today like i say i dug out my big box and that shit was so dry it was like shoveling sand,and damn if them bastards werent in there too,,son bitchs were as big around and as long as my thumb,,they hate sunlight,,well the got 106 degree sunlight today,,funny as hell watching them scurry back into the soil,like dracula when the sun comes up,,bitchs pot when you stomp,,here is a lesson learned folks,,dont get one in hand and pop with fingers,,juice all down side my face in my mouth,,they taste like shit,lmao hahahah i thought i was gonna puke,,mama said bet you eat um if you was hungry,,told her there better not be another living thing on this earth first,,lmao

tifosi

tifosi

love your rig,,i rater use brown sugar myself,,easier cleanup in my uplift tubes,,you going 24 or 36 hours,,i finally ripped everything out of garden today,,finished amending all boxs,now please rain and settle t all..i know why folk dont do compost piles,,haahah they are work turning,,mine is about half way there added more char and animal manure to it,moisten it and piled back up,,tell ya what that pile wasnt that hard to turn when it was just compost,,it is turning into some sweet smelling dirt,,even got a shovel fulls to throw into the sol i made for these clones when they ready,,hell i forgot about them,,shit,,106 today and been at t since 10 this morn,,my ass hurting bad,lmao
I started at 11 i'll pour it on late afternoon to avoid some heat. Growing organic this year has the plants a bit smaller but no problems this year with bugs or deficiencies. I'm going to just pull & amend over the winter for next year.

Ceveres

Ceveres

tell ya ,i thought i had figured out why you get grubs in your garden,,thought it was because of compaction or anerobic soil on bottom,,thought,,well today like i say i dug out my big box and that shit was so dry it was like shoveling sand,and damn if them bastards werent in there too,,son bitchs were as big around and as long as my thumb,,they hate sunlight,,well the got 106 degree sunlight today,,funny as hell watching them scurry back into the soil,like dracula when the sun comes up,,bitchs pot when you stomp,,here is a lesson learned folks,,dont get one in hand and pop with fingers,,juice all down side my face in my mouth,,they taste like shit,lmao hahahah i thought i was gonna puke,,mama said bet you eat um if you was hungry,,told her there better not be another living thing on this earth first,,lmao
Rofl :cry: F**kin SICK lol!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I started at 11 i'll pour it on late afternoon to avoid some heat. Growing organic this year has the plants a bit smaller but no problems this year with bugs or deficiencies. I'm going to just pull & amend over the winter for next year.
i like to add azomite,this time year,,just before rain ,,hurricane season,we always get some,,usally 5 to 10 in in couple hours,,but a inch or 2 will soak in the ground,haah,,but ya when i first start new soil,,i buy alfalfa,feather meals,,add oyster shell,crab shell meals for chiton,,azomite,,i feel it does better than rock dust,,but when im already established and grown a few seasons,i just reamend with glacial rock dust or azomite,,about every 3 years get a soil test done,,you really should get 1 of them 25 dollar ion test off amazon,,they send you a prepaid envelope to send test in with a little container that has same sort of solution,,,it took 8 days and the send results threw email,,this is what i started with

7 31 002
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this will save you a lot of money in long run,,you will know exactaly were your at,,i got that garden soil and as you see hardly no nitrogen at all n it,,so i added the meals for nit mainly,,they recomended 1 lb per 100 sqft of 13-0-0,,but if you look at the micro nutrients ,they low as crap too,,thats why i went with the azomite,,and the oyster and crab meals for chiton and in hopes it cuts the shit out what ever crawling around in there,,you wouldnt belive the size of them damn grubs i was digging out of this soil,,with the nitrogen,im adding charged char,with organic's a buddy of mine makes the kamino and bio initate,,good good stuff,,then ewc and comfrey,,that all willl soak into the char and stay,,,have you ever used comfrey? ohh wee that shit stank,,but does the soil love it and you can tell difrence in your plants too..so get one them test,well worth your money,,the place i got mine was unibest international www.unibestinc.com..great place,,i even called them back and talked to a very interesting fella about the rates of his recomendations and with that i say great customer service

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Rofl :cry: F**kin SICK lol!
really was ,tought me not to play with them bastards,pop with foot from here on out,,i was actually looking at how they just cringe in the sunlight,,hell these are as big a shrimp and body is transparent the same way ,,so after oldskol discovery of grubs and bioligy,pop,and that fat bastard was like a blood tick,,swear it shot out at least 3ft,,uhhh nasty,lmao

tifosi

tifosi

i like to add azomite,this time year,,just before rain ,,hurricane season,we always get some,,usally 5 to 10 in in couple hours,,but a inch or 2 will soak in the ground,haah,,but ya when i first start new soil,,i buy alfalfa,feather meals,,add oyster shell,crab shell meals for chiton,,azomite,,i feel it does better than rock dust,,but when im already established and grown a few seasons,i just reamend with glacial rock dust or azomite,,about every 3 years get a soil test done,,you really should get 1 of them 25 dollar ion test off amazon,,they send you a prepaid envelope to send test in with a little container that has same sort of solution,,,it took 8 days and the send results threw email,,this is what i started with
I guess I will have to order that test.I was just going to amend with that $49 bag you posted earlier,another couple yards of compost,stear & chicken manure & top dress with MR Bs in spring.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I guess I will have to order that test.I was just going to amend with that $49 bag you posted earlier,another couple yards of compost,stear & chicken manure & top dress with MR Bs in spring.
i only suggest it,,just to know were your at,,as you seen from my test,,calcium and mag,,shit off the charts,,but leaches out,,i wanted to know what my base was and crap no nitrogen to even speek of,,that bag your talking about,,go into the catalouge you can also buy it non charged,,that one there is charged,,unless your good with that,all good,,i got the reg char ,and i added eco's nute line to it and comfry and ewc,,im let it soak for another 8 days,,then but in garden,,eco's company only make natraul organic stuff,,the florette is made from mussle shells,,i like that,use of mother natures gear hahah,,but you gonna grow trees ,i would soil test ,get it were it needs to be and amend from there,,the meals i put in mine are for my own like ,the soil dont need ,but why not makes the roots happy and soil happier,brings and holds more life and you keep it happy it does the job itself,,now my next problem is this damn water,,alkaline as hell,,benifite of living on a rock hahah,,not sure if it harms the soil life but dont want to chance it either,,my weed i can bucket water to them,,but the veggie garden a whole difrent critter,,i really dont think your gonna need much to yours ,those are some happy ass plants from what i seen

Ceveres

Ceveres

really was ,tought me not to play with them bastards,pop with foot from here on out,,i was actually looking at how they just cringe in the sunlight,,hell these are as big a shrimp and body is transparent the same way ,,so after oldskol discovery of grubs and bioligy,pop,and that fat bastard was like a blood tick,,swear it shot out at least 3ft,,uhhh nasty,lmao
Idk what's worse, those nasty grubs, or the 6" giant leopard slugs I get? Lol Such a nuisance.. get in my compost pile and eat all the goodies!
Leopard slug

Found this on slug sex from Wikipedia:
"Mating
The mating habits of Limax maximus are considered unusual among slugs: the hermaphrodite slugs court, usually for hours, by circling and licking each other. After this, the slugs will climb into a tree or other high area and then, entwined together, lower themselves on a thick string of mucus, evert their white translucent mating organs (penises) from their gonopores (openings on the right side of the head), entwine these organs, and exchange sperm. Both participants will later lay hundreds of eggs."
Mating Great Grey Slug 4111
WTF?!?! THOSE ARE THEIR PENISES! :woot::joyful::dead:

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

What about one of those hose filters? My water is good no problems so far,i hear the first 2 in. of soil buffers out chlorine & other impurities. Possibly every year you would just have to replace the top two in. of soil
it does,,with my water,,i have a 500 ft well,,thing is the nearest damn is about 50 miles away,,got me one of the pool test kits,,500 ppm,damn and no boron count at all,,so im thinking along the line of 3 55 gal plastic barrels daisy chained together with a pump in one to pump down hill to garden,,treat the water with vit c and go with that,,when i do water i use a lot,,just about everything i plant require a inch of water weekly,,the asorbic acid is great to get ride of clorine so i want to see how it works with garden,,i used just the tap this year and didnt see any effects at all so buffering does take place,,but had hardly no yield at all from the garden,,beautiful plants,just lacked yield,,now that could have been from the soil which after soil test showed me it lacked a lot of things,,ive redone all the boxs and soil and going to wait a month now and send in another test to see were im at,,thats the main reason im doing the test,,if soil is right to start,,then poor production is on me no questions asked if you dig,,the alkaline water i dont think is a big problem just like you said buffering,,but main idea behind the daisy chain barrels are mainly to send tea down threw the soaker hoses,,thats a lot of 5 gal buckets going up and down that hill for a old fart lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Idk what's worse, those nasty grubs, or the 6" giant leopard slugs I get? Lol Such a nuisance.. get in my compost pile and eat all the goodies!View attachment 732975

"Mating
The mating habits of Limax maximus are considered unusual among slugs: the hermaphrodite slugs court, usually for hours, by circling and licking each other. After this, the slugs will climb into a tree or other high area and then, entwined together, lower themselves on a thick string of mucus, evert their white translucent mating organs (penises) from their gonopores (openings on the right side of the head), entwine these organs, and exchange sperm. Both participants will later lay hundreds of eggs."View attachment 732976WTF?!?! THOSE ARE THEIR PENISES! :woot::joyful::dead:
hahah right,nasty bastards,,i take crushed egg shells and about 3 in from stalk make a layer al the way arounf the plant,,they go across it and the shell rip um apart,,never make it to plant,,cant apply nemotodes in hot weather so im stuck with the grubs till i can get cooler weather and let the nemotode tend to there bussines and kill them bastards before the get to the stage these have got,,i got any i could see from taking dirt from boxs and amending and oputting soil and peat moss back in,,but im sure some slip by,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Idk what's worse, those nasty grubs, or the 6" giant leopard slugs I get? Lol Such a nuisance.. get in my compost pile and eat all the goodies!View attachment 732975

"Mating
The mating habits of Limax maximus are considered unusual among slugs: the hermaphrodite slugs court, usually for hours, by circling and licking each other. After this, the slugs will climb into a tree or other high area and then, entwined together, lower themselves on a thick string of mucus, evert their white translucent mating organs (penises) from their gonopores (openings on the right side of the head), entwine these organs, and exchange sperm. Both participants will later lay hundreds of eggs."View attachment 732976WTF?!?! THOSE ARE THEIR PENISES! :woot::joyful::dead:
one thing for sure the slugs get head,lmao

tifosi

tifosi

it does,,with my water,,i have a 500 ft well,,thing is the nearest damn is about 50 miles away,,got me one of the pool test kits,,500 ppm,damn and no boron count at all,,so im thinking along the line of 3 55 gal plastic barrels daisy chained together with a pump in one to pump down hill to garden,,treat the water with vit c and go with that,,when i do water i use a lot,,just about everything i plant require a inch of water weekly,,the asorbic acid is great to get ride of clorine so i want to see how it works with garden,,i used just the tap this year and didnt see any effects at all so buffering does take place,,but had hardly no yield at all from the garden,,beautiful plants,just lacked yield,,now that could have been from the soil which after soil test showed me it lacked a lot of things,,ive redone all the boxs and soil and going to wait a month now and send in another test to see were im at,,thats the main reason im doing the test,,if soil is right to start,,then poor production is on me no questions asked if you dig,,the alkaline water i dont think is a big problem just like you said buffering,,but main idea behind the daisy chain barrels are mainly to send tea down threw the soaker hoses,,thats a lot of 5 gal buckets going up and down that hill for a old fart lmao
a part of your problem with yield could be pot size & watering. anything less than a 45 gallon pot here needs watering every day & sometimes twice a day. with my weekly tea feeding these smaller pots show color fade & need additional top dress feedings. I feel all the water going threw the soil rinses out the goodness. Twice as many leafs yellow and drop in my smaller pots

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

a part of your problem with yield could be pot size & watering. anything less than a 45 gallon pot here needs watering every day & sometimes twice a day. with my weekly tea feeding these smaller pots show color fade & need additional top dress feedings. I feel all the water going threw the soil rinses out the goodness. Twice as many leafs yellow and drop in my smaller pots
ya i got to do the same here from first of june to end of september,,my 5 gal buckets outside are twice a day watering,,i found putting the reflective insulation around buckets and alfalfa on top of soil helps alot,usally just once a day,,some even every other day since i put the insulation on them,it the stuff about 1/4 in thick they use in rv's,really thin,has bubble wrap in bettween the reflective foil,works great in triple digits,hopeing does the same when it gets cool

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I read that Bio Char used on strawberries had excellent results. I'm looking into it on the cannabis side. Love Organics, Kelp is one of my absolute favorite products in my gardens.
ya @jipp is growing with the char in solo cups and digging the results,i need about a ton of it for raised beds ,lol,,they are even using rice hulls and wood chips now,they have prefected it to that extreme,,i already have in my compost pile,working on 1 bed at a time in the vegge garden,,burn ban prevents me from getting r done right now,lmao

Ceveres

Ceveres

hahah right,nasty bastards,,i take crushed egg shells and about 3 in from stalk make a layer al the way arounf the plant,,they go across it and the shell rip um apart,,never make it to plant,,
Thanks for the info olds I'm gonna give that a go and see how it works out!
one thing for sure the slugs get head,lmao
Bahahaha! They sure do! :cry:

Love Organics, Kelp is one of my absolute favorite products in my gardens
Same here brother! The more pure and simple it gets, the more I enjoy it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so guys and gals git a question,,when you use nitrogen on your high side,have you noticed anything difrent from plant growth? reason im asking is this,,i ran one year high nitrogen,high nitrogen and across the board of the npk value i left alone in the ideal number bracket of the p and k values,,had standing corn 15 ft tall in my garden,,got a pretty good harvest,,next year i bumped the nitrogen level to optimal range and increased p and k values,,corn only got around 8ft but the stalks were so damn tough and strong that i couldnt even pull from ground and had to turn it under,,now with the high nitrogen got big ass stalks ,tall but slender stalks and could pull them straight out of ground,,high ,p-k couldnt pull at all,when heavy rain and wind hit,,the plants didnt budge,with the high nitrogen ,it layed over,,also got a hell of harvest with the p-k high and better cobs,,so have you tried anything like this and what was your results? reason im asking is because i was thinking doing same thing with my weed when my clones are ready for dirt,,with high p-k would ilmenate the need for silica and such ,maybe even yo yo's,,nitrogen can be top dressed and leech quicker anyway,,what you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom