Centennial Seeds Grow

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A20Grower

Bought a 12 pack of '21'. First three seeds germed and are getting sexed out. I looked and there were 12 remaining seeds, so I got 15 seeds in my 12pack. Hoping for 15 females.

All 15 seeds germinated, the original 12 plus three extra seeds in the pack, a nice surprise.

Their waipi'o hapa looks promising as well. 2 of my 6 strains are CS, we'll see how they run.

Onespark

Onespark

I looked and there were 12 remaining seeds, so I got 15 seeds in my 12pack.

Ya I had the same experience. Just dropped my Waipi o Hapa and had three extra seeds and three extra seeds in my further and 21 also. My Django had four extra seeds... one was white though...Sweet!

- Not expecting this so its exciting every time it happens!!

Also had 100% germ on centennial beans so far...

R

Rednick

I believe the word used on ICmag was, "Seed Cooperative".

Pretty much these guys are doing what I wish I had the foresight to do...
Travel the world over and pack beans in your hemlines.

Rock on guys, I think you are one of the good guys, but you do have a hedge fund manager for an owner. (I always remain a skeptic, b/c no matter how hard I try people always prove me wrong).

Edit: Since they are selling freshly cropped beans, grown in Colorado within the last year (probably month), your germ rate should be near perfect every time.
2 cents.

sky high

sky high

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO
Tester Name : sky high
Strain : Roughneck
Method Smoked : joint - elements

APPEARANCE

(insert photo here where possible)

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : sweet
Associated smells of bud : sweet, slight citrus...slight woody/cedar undertone when bud is squeezed

TASTE

BUD

Dominant flavour : slight sweetness. Slight hint of spice
Associated flavours : White widow

Harsh/smoothness : 7 Smoothe, but has little taste (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
- cough factor? : no

BUBBLEHASH

The ice extracted bub from this strain had far more character than the bud. With the bubblehash there was a slightly exotic "lighter fluid" undertone that was present within the overall sweetness that never came through in smoke from the buds.

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body 50/50.
Potency : 6 (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)
Duration : 1
-----------------------------------------------------

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT turpentine () metallic () ammonia () - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach () lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity () - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (X) - orange () - lemon () - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral () - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody (X) - incense () - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar (X) - pine ()
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky ()
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves (X) - trees ()

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

Bottom line: None of the 3 plants I ended up with are what I consider "keepers". Overall each had SLIGHT nuances and differences from each other but none were standouts in any category.

On the plants I sampled, the "Jamaican" side of this cross was far overshadowed by the Widow side of the cross. While I found a slight hint of "exotic" in the lighter fluid taste I remember from a couple of other sativa (P Red) crosses I've grown in the past when I smoked the BUBBLEHASH, the standard commercial taste/etc. of (most) Widow seemed to take precedence in the buds I ended up with on this run. As a result, the representation of the cross I ended up with lacked the FLAVOR I was hoping to find.

Overall Grade: C+

If anyone else comes up with a Jamaican-leaning pheno of this cross with a special taste...dammit...save me a doob....LOL.

I struck out >again<.

damn.

s h

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Thanks for the honest report sky hi, sorry to hear about the strikeout but w/o those you'll never hit a grandslam you know. I have only had a few keepers out of all the beans I have tried, it is very hard in this day and age I think to find exotic phenos without some serious time and of course good breeders working with good breeding plants, and that seems more and more rare. Just an fyi, I have found very good luck with big buddha and dinafem seed companies, I am not saying there arent bad phenos in there stuff too but those are the two that i have most recently found my keepers from. Again thanks for the honesty, I have been very curious about this seed company.

Motarebel

Motarebel

CS's Blueberry is very nice indeed, a heirloom blueberry x dj's blueberry. Rahl sent me several of their gear,some was good and some not so good. The not so good ones never got to finish due to transgender funny buisness goin on.

eyecandi

eyecandi

The not so good ones never got to finish due to transgender funny buisness goin on.

tried Roughneck and '21'. both tossed nanners, roughneck had full blown ballz by wk4/5. know of a few other growers that have tried a couple other CS strains and they had nanner/ball issues as well.

Motarebel

Motarebel

tried Roughneck and '21'. both tossed nanners, roughneck had full blown ballz by wk4/5. know of a few other growers that have tried a couple other CS strains and they had nanner/ball issues as well.

We had a couple different F-gens of purple rhino go balls out,the BB i ran was a clone sent to me but it never showd signs of hermies.The BB is the sweetest BB i've ever smoked and potent too.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Well cant win them all SH. Looked damn good in flower.

L

lumberjack_ian

back to soil eh?

grow looks good... too bad the buds were only average smoke

just pokin in to say hello since i don't have a high enough post count to pm around here... long time my friend!

A

A20Grower

Centennial Seeds is offering BOGO any combination, looks like they're offering fewer strains.

Purple Rhino IBL
Hapa Haze
Waipi'o Hapa
Dakini Kush
Otto #1
Roughneck
mix - Roughneck, Purple Rhino, Hapa Haze and Waipi'o Hapa

Latest posts

Top Bottom