Chem Dog History

• Thread starter JJ-NYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krypto

Krypto

from this same exact thread.
page 1 is JJ post / page 8 is DrFever post
also in regards to the Krypto comment...

this is not the same Strain of OG. not at all. no relation.
see what I mean - lot of OG strains in CA. its just piggy bck on the og and kush name.
that is why it is so important I know the lineage of my cut!
The cut/strain that I have has no relation to the one in the article in High Times.
Well...according to the article. Matt "bubba" Berger with the help of ORGNKID brought The '92" Florida Kush to the west coast vía Tahoe vía Colorado. Was it the Chem??? And if so, what is the Chemdog lineage.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

from this same exact thread.
page 1 is JJ post / page 8 is DrFever post
also in regards to the Krypto comment...

this is not the same Strain of OG. not at all. no relation.
see what I mean - lot of OG strains in CA. its just piggy bck on the og and kush name.
that is why it is so important I know the lineage of my cut!
The cut/strain that I have has no relation to the one in the article in High Times.

You are slow. You pictures Do not look good at all. Futhermore If you has chem you would know it or it would have come labled as chem whatever.
.Stop this you dont have it and no one is hating. I have spoken to pbud mike and None of what you are saying makes sense.

You are using this thread as your source for the "chem story"

H

hzd

You are slow. You pictures Do not look good at all. Futhermore If you has chem you would know it or it would have come labled as chem whatever.
.Stop this you dont have it and no one is hating. I have spoken to pbud mike and None of what you are saying makes sense.

You are using this thread as your source for the "chem story"

k - Thanks. I had just apologized.
I am sorry. sorry for the hater comment
and sorry for thinking the nugget pic I posed looks an exact match to me.

I will now make another apology. Sorry.
I admit to my mistaken pursuit/curiosity?
was 'looking' for a connection that wasn't there.

#1. I'm a self admitted nobody. OK
#2. My pics sucked and my skills are rusty at best.
on the other hand. just to be clear.
#3. Since I have seen it happen to plenty of people plenty of times.
cuts get 'mis-named' and given out 'mis-named' all the time.
ANY single strain can change state and change hands and grower,
and then OMG, over time... a new name! same strain!
that is pretty straight forward - & in this particular case of course...
the strain would actually also 'morph'/mutate over 20 years of different/various growing conditions/methods/(in/out) etc... as well. but that is aside the point and totally irrelevant.

I was trying to see if this COULD have been the case.
Again. Sorry. I get it - it is not even close to the same.
I trust you guys over me and my wife any day. OK.

I am really sorry - I get it.
*** Never intended any disrespect ***
Drag my name in the mud if you want.
I love the strain and any strain it has touched.
Please accept my sincerest apology for seeing something that was just not there.

Signing off again.

P.S. (now I am super curious if anybody that is a 'somebody'; knows anything about the lineage of this mysterious 'Dog Bug' strain. I would be quite interested to know of any 'landrace' combo that might have spit out that ungodly beast of a gem.)

Last edited:
Krypto

Krypto

per JJ-NYC = 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996. (Page 1)

per DrFever = Og Kush is Chemdog renamed when it made its way to the west coast.
(page 8)

per myself right now: I am pretty sure both things happened. Using the Michael Jackson analogy put forth earlier in the thread so as not to hurt any feelings. The arm was cut off the 'king of pop' = Original Chem Dawg or 91 Chem if that is what you want to call it. This cut off arm = clone version makes it's way to the West Coast, some way. Then, also the the Tahoe OG from a bag of 91 Chem seed pops up, and other versions of OG pop up from seed pops from other bags as explained by JJ.

Here is my theory. Prove it wrong if you can - especially since pic and profile don't lie.

(call me a conspiracy theorist if you want - but I now believe even if JJ-NYC knew that a 'real cut' in fact did make its way to CA, he would never confirm it. He would still say the same old OG is from a bag of Tahoe seed story. Then of course some cut could have made its way without the knowledge of JJ, and so then he would also never tell the full strain "his-story" that way.)

I am trying to look at thing in like "Indiana 'strain' Jones" here; from a more ananthropological perspective in regards to how the plant really moved around and changed names. Any person can "say" what they want. The plants speak for themselves.

Like - Krypto - said, I am trying to kind of in a way as the 'strain' themselves...
Hi, hello there.. Dear... Chem Dawg strain and OG strain.
What is your true relation to each other? fakes? seed pops? clones? imposters?

I think it is important to note this distinction here after some net searching.
My cut is the Lemon Larry cut from Nor-cal from before Elite was around.
meaning my cut is named after the grower that held it = Lemon Larry.
Lemon Larry is just the name of the cut itself- not the strain.
just like the 'OGKB cut' of GirlScoutCookies is the cut to have.
but there is no OGKush in GSC, lol

Look folks - like it or not - my OG cut was not bought in some store or given from a hack to a hack - it was given from a reputable well-known grower, to another well-known reputable grower. This was after it had been held by the gorwer Lemon Larry in NorCal for years. Also, like it or not - to me - it looks very similar to photos of the Chemdog 91, and in all stages. I would not be making all these posts if I did not have a genuine interest in the honest truth. If the pics and profile of the Chemdog 91 did not look so close and seem such a match than i would not be here wasting my time. I have seen countless 'versions' of OG on the west coast and I know the Larry cut is not joke.

In other words, my cut has breeding papers to show its lineage and is a clone-only cut that did not come from a bag of seed.

Anyone else out there have any pics of Chemdog 91 in flower?
Have you crossed or made seeds with that Larry? Been looking for it...

H

hzd

Have you crossed or made seeds with that Larry? Been looking for it...

The short answer is No.
The longer answer is I am working on it.
My project only started when I originally started posting in this thread.
It has been slow going due to other thing of higher priority and heath issues.

Here is what I am working with

I have some ( Chemdog X Fire OG ) and also "Tiesel" which is (Tangie X 3 Chems X nyc diesel)
I also have an unsexed Afghani which I was thinking about; since it is the only landrace I have.

My hope is to cross any&or all with Larry to improve veg time more than anything.
Larry stretches a ton at flip, so I am also thinking something short would be nice.

I am months out but...
I would be happy to help if I have any degree of success worth sharing.
Thanks for asking and I will do my best to keep you posted.

Krypto

Krypto

The short answer is No.
The longer answer is I am working on it.
My project only started when I originally started posting in this thread.
It has been slow going due to other thing of higher priority and heath issues.

Here is what I am working with

I have some ( Chemdog X Fire OG ) and also "Tiesel" which is (Tangie X 3 Chems X nyc diesel)
I also have an unsexed Afghani which I was thinking about; since it is the only landrace I have.

My hope is to cross any&or all with Larry to improve veg time more than anything.
Larry stretches a ton at flip, so I am also thinking something short would be nice.

I am months out but...
I would be happy to help if I have any degree of success worth sharing.
Thanks for asking and I will do my best to keep you posted.
Sorry to hear about your health brother. A lot of people take it for granted.
But absolutely. That Chem Fire Larry will be good. Same with Tiesel, and crossing Larry with an Afgani...PERFECT! Simple.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

GREENPOINT put out superfire Lemon Fizz X StarDog
Very minimal Stardog came through iw old drop the stardog Tag but anywhoo
GAURANTEEd you hear about this upcoming cut called Fizz bitch

Krypto

Krypto

GREENPOINT put out superfire Lemon Fizz X StarDog
Very minimal Stardog came through iw old drop the stardog Tag but anywhoo
GAURANTEEd you hear about this upcoming cut called Fizz bitch
is the Fizz an OG cut? A Larry pheno maybe?

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I got ThSeeds Underdawg og (Mislabled) as a freebie a few months ago, I now have it in my closet and the plant looks very different from what Ive seen so far.

Supposedly it is a renamed Stardawg cut they selfed.. I dont like sketchy breeders. However, stardawg sounds like something I want in my closet.

Where as if it is closer to what they are promoting, I dont want it.. it could be anything.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I got ThSeeds Underdawg og (Mislabled) as a freebie a few months ago, I now have it in my closet and the plant looks very different from what Ive seen so far.

Supposedly it is a renamed Stardawg cut they selfed.. I dont like sketchy breeders. However, stardawg sounds like something I want in my closet.

Where as if it is closer to what they are promoting, I dont want it.. it could be anything.
Pics please

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Im not experienced enough to pick out what qualities it has at this age aside from being more lime green than my blueberry(super dark green with some purple on all).

Id be exstatic to find out its stardawg as Im searching for blueberry males for pollen this run.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

It would help if I had working taste buds for smoking and had tried at least dog d a few times..

I have a good vibe about that plant.. love to look in and see those leaves sticking up like a crown.

Krypto

Krypto

We have StarDog F2...LOVE IT! so far anyway.

H

hzd

I am working on a new cross I made myself. I got some seeds from the net that are a cross of Fire OG and Chemdog D. I found a couple females of that and crossed them with my prized fast flowering stud Afghani #1.

I am still waiting for the first flowers to finish. They look like they will be done in a few days maybe. Started on October 7th and today is 7 weeks. Im pretty excited as they smell great and are stacking pretty nice for getting to the finish line in just over 7 weeks I hope.

I also have some Strawberry Split which has StarFighter in it.
Thinking about pollenating that with a boy from this mash up I made.

H

hzd

Making another cross that is Blue Dream crossed with a secret sauce male of mine that is dead now.
The dead father had Three Chems. Rare father strain had 2 other even more famous legit strains, one that is mentioned on page 1 of this post...

Also pollenated the Larry Lemmon OG with that (Secret Sauce Father containing 3Chem) but only yielded like 10 beans cuz I could only afford to pollenate one branch.

Top Bottom