Closet T-5 Micro Grow

• Thread starter GrizzleB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Hey guys, im new around these parts, looks like a great place to post up! I have a little grow midway through flowering on day 39 now. My setup is a 2x2 8 bulb T-5 fixture in a closet roughly 2x2, mixted spectrum bulbs for bloom. Got a 170cfm fan in the attic pullin the stank out through a carbon filter in the closet. Temps stay around 74-80 lights on , 65-70 lights off. Plants are just bagseed, 2 diff phenos of ogre and a bubba kush. Im using a soilless mix I did up myself and GH floranova grow and bloom along with koolbloom for additional pk. Anyways on with the pics, il get more details out later, ask any questions you want, and please any comments are much appreciated. Hope you guys like, Have a good one farmers!

Grow 006
Grow 007
Grow 011
Grow 012
Grow 016
Grow 018
Grow 020
Grow 022
Grow 023
Grow 024
Grow 025
Grow 027
O

Oregonic

Very clean, dig the micro style. Looks like ur gonna be sitting pretty good, this ur first run in this setup?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Great little setup! working on one of these for one of my soon-to-be-ex-patients. He's pretty sure he can pull it off, and I'll be available to help (along with my pH meter, lol). He'll be excited to see this post. Great job!

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

^thanks guys, and yes Oregonic it is my first time using this setup. Im very interested to see how the bud density is with the T-5s, thanks for he kinda words!

O

Oregonic

Yeah I am wonder as well,thinking of adding them for side lighting. Also thinking of doing a couple of t-5's for a momma cabinet. How is the heat? You running ur fan full speed? How ya diggin the soilless so far, looks good from the pics :)

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Looking nice for some T5's!!Keep us posted,want to see how them girls finish up

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Yeah I am wonder as well,thinking of adding them for side lighting. Also thinking of doing a couple of t-5's for a momma cabinet. How is the heat? You running ur fan full speed? How ya diggin the soilless so far, looks good from the pics :)
Yes fan is running full speed. Temps lately have been about 77 tops lights on, dropping down to 65ish lights off. The soiless mix has worked well for me so far, I did my first few micro grows in the mix as well a year or so back and had good results. I am however very interested in coco, or possibly using it in place of peat, on my next batch I mix up. thanks for the kind words!
Looking nice for some T5's!!Keep us posted,want to see how them girls finish up
Will do man, thanks for stopping in!

T

The Passenger

Looking good.

I've been considering a T-5 fixture if I have to rent for a while and need a little more stealth in a cab setup. I've heard different things about using HO fluoros, but not from someone who actually uses them. I'll be interested in hearing your opinion.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

High Farmers!

Heres a lil update guys, day 51 of flowering, they're filling out well. I couldnt snap any pics of the bubba cause my cam died so the only shots are of the 2 OGRE phenos. Let me know if you guys have any questions, enjoy!

Grow 002
Grow 003
Grow 005
Grow 006
Grow 007
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Well the proof is in your pictures. I would say T5s can grow some good looking weed.

I have had some grows under T5s. New Wave 2 x 2 8 bulb. I had 4 bulbs 3500k and 4 bulbs 6500k and the buds were nice. Didn't get as big but were still hard and nice. Then I did a run on all 6500k and the results were even better. You can totally grow some nice buds under T5s.

They do put out some heat though. People think they don't but if you use them you can feel they put out some heat.

Nothing vegges like a T5. You get very tight internodes. But they also can flower some decent buddage.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Very cool. I think that's pretty impressive for T-5 work. Nice!

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

This is at Day 65ish 12/12

These are wrapping up about now, I will probably let the bigger one go slightly longer with the purpling one being cut in the next 3 days or so, what do you guys think? Wasnt sure on the visual on IF its flushed enough yet, extra days never hurt. Peace THCfarmers!

Grow 001
Grow 004
Grow 005
Grow 006
Grow 007
GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Hey, they were vegged about a month and a half. Probably wouldnt take that long but they were stressed and went through some crud before I got my spot setup right. Thanks for popping in!

W

weedhound

Man that looks great!!! Nice pics....Great quality....I hadn't thought that T8 could flower like that...man you proved me wrong....thanks for sharin"

saldiado

saldiado

bump... man those are dank ass looking bushes off some t5s man. Any dried nug shots? Great job man. keep it up

justiceman

justiceman

Thats amazing for a t5!! is that just 4 bulbs??

Nope this guy has 8 lamps. It's a 2 x 2 fixture, and a half and half mix of 65000k and 3000k, or 3500k lamps.

Yo GrizzleB I just stopped by here and I am extremely impressed. Those plants looks like they were pushed to damn hard. You are testimonial proof that men can produce a good yield with T5's! Excellent work! Those nugs look like some FIRE and they are damn fat!

I have a 4' 4 lamp t5 fixture I aim to use for my mothers. I can see I will not be disappointed in the least.

big twinn

big twinn

that carbon scrubber seems perfect for my cabinet setup. how big is it? and how effecient is it on odar control? what brand/model is it and where did you order it from?
Thanks!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom