Cmh In 24x40x65 Tent Cfm Fan Question.

• Thread starter Desert Rogue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I have an Apollo horticulture variable speed 440 cfm fan, I just bought a new 315w CMH unit with a philips bulb. My Plastic hygrometer at canopy level reads 95 with the light on for a few minutes. 89-92 above the lights' reflector.

With my two other 300w viparspectras, which are niether full spectrum nor 300w, I can keep my flower tent going for now.. I want to use them as supplemental light.

A CFM Calculator I found recommends 492 cfm. What do I need to reduce my tent heat to 75 degrees? I dont see anything on amazon above 440 cfm.

Also, is it normal for the top of the tent to be hot but the canopy itself not be a different temp? /stoned

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Heat rises

I would worry about canopy temps, those are important to plants

Intake and exhaust fan. I like lots of air movement.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I need a better thermometer/hygrometer. The problem I have at the canopy height is this CMH is heating the gauge.

I do need to add an intake fan or at least a fan inside the tent to move air. Just dont know what to buy for that part.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Take a peak at my 4x 315 cmh. I have a fan for each hood, that blows the air pocket between canopy and hood. I also secured my co2 lines behind each fan to disperse my co2 in my room. It'
Hard to tell from this pic, but you get the idea from that 1 fan. I have 3 more to the right of that, and 1 to the left.
20180207 194536

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Very nice. ;3 Im working with a tiny tent and just trying to work that out. Gonna get a fan and a booster fan about 240 cfm I believe.

Its gotta go on the top same height as the other apollo horticulture 440 cfm fan, though Im thinking of routing the tube into the tent down to the bottom to disperse somehow.

The outtake is pumped under my house via the crawl space.

Top Bottom