Coco Feeding And Flushing Question Please Help

• Thread starter Lbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Is 2.5ec not like 1000ppm + ?? And are you not in coco? Sounds crazy high and I've been overfeeding

And in my case I didn't see deficiency / excesses until week 5-6

Check page #1 on this thread it has the conversion chart. I've been feeding 2.5 ec for the last three applications and they're looking good. I feed feed flush that flush is with 1/4 strength base nute and 1/4 strength cal mag.

Anyway 2.5 ec is around 1750 ppm

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

If you kept your coco that wet for very long, you may see little winged insects. Fungus gnats love wet coco, get some yellow sticky cards to catch the first of them... And let your coco dry a bit if you can without causing droop.

The inter nodal spacing I see means too much red light I think. Old bulb? Too late now.
2.5 EC? really? I've never run anything that hot.

Hey there... on the spacing of the plants....

They seriously just did that. These clones came from seed started mothers and there were some different genetics present is all I can say.

Half of the plants got really lanky and didn't branch out as vigorously

It's either that or they were in a crowded space. But yea those bulbs are all brand new.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

If you kept your coco that wet for very long, you may see little winged insects. Fungus gnats love wet coco, get some yellow sticky cards to catch the first of them... And let your coco dry a bit if you can without causing droop.

The inter nodal spacing I see means too much red light I think. Old bulb? Too late now.
2.5 EC? really? I've never run anything that hot.

Also I'm wondering what e.c values you have used successfully??? If it matters I use botanicare Nutrients maybe this is why you guys are so alarmed? Weird thing is that I though it was insanely high too... but from what I see the plants don't seem to think so.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Nice camera but ya it looks like a little too much stretching? So after 7 days of flushing my plants are drying in 1-2 days instead of 2-4. My guess is that my overfeeding GREATLY fucked the transpiration and transport of fluids which just got corrected after a good flush... one thing I've noticed is my 3 coco/perlite 50/50 are STAYING DRY WTF!? Does this mean? I water them and 10 minutes later my moisture meter is hitting the bottom end of dry!! Now these girls were vegged long and possibly rootbound could that be a cause? I've been flushing them twice a day since I discovered this

Well in my opinion you're flushing a little too early.. know I keep saying it. Have you looking into any solid info about coco flushing?

I would have reduced the amount of nutrients to quarter strength maybe or back it down a little. Then go for that full flush with only one week left.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Most deficiencys take weeks to show on the surface .. but you would see nute burn sooner.. I say deficiencys because if your overfeeding chances are you'll see cal/mag and possibly other deficiencys from too much of ? Making ? Unavailable

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

So I'm applying the 2.5 ec feed twice while alowing my pots to dry up a little. After the second nutrient application I give a light feeding essentially a flush 1/4 strength nutrient solution. I'm not alowing hardly any run off using this method. Mainly bc my plants are beginning to drink so much I keep mixing more solution and they drink it all up every time without much run off. Just a few drops to make sure the roots got wet everywhere. Now usually the day I give the light feed. 0.7 ec they will have drank up everything by the following day. This is what I'm doing I hope it works out for me I believe it will I will continue to check for signs of stress but so far so good!! :)

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

IMG 0024
IMG 0025

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Alright here's the update

Midway week four flower the buds are elongating and stacking up. Lots of new unwanted bud sites from the undergrowth that were removed and are now back :( Theyre drinking water much quicker and their feed is between 2.5 ec and 3.0 ec. Feeding every other day bc my pots stay wet for two days. I've given 10-15 percent run off on the last two feeds. Seeing some of my older foliage yellowing on some of the larger plants. Slight purplish on stems too. After the last two feeds 3.0 then 2.8 ec I was able to catch some run off and it's at 2.2 ec.
Buds are beginning to develop in size... rather than all the hairs and spiky leaves I'm finnaly seeing some actual buds form on there.

Would like to say that I have had so many issues with this grow and I'm actually surprised that they haven't been more messed up. Very resilient plants... from burning the original moms with a light and too hot of soul. to having no idea what to feed my new babies. Horrible transplanting experience *coco much different to transplant than soil. Light timer failure that caused interruptions to my dark period. My own personal mistakes messing up light cycle when I was working on the room....

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Powerery mildue!!! :bored:
Not too happy going to clean up tonight and spray with some PM WASH.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Aw fuck. No way where on these clones? Or the flowering lady? What temps/humidity caused that? I can't remember which is which but I believe the powdery mildews are generally caused in lower temps and higher temps cause slimey type molds? I may be wrong ..

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0889
IMG 0890
IMG 0891
IMG 0892
IMG 0893
IMG 0894
IMG 0895
But anyways I'm all good waiting to enjoy my current fruits of my labour...
The future, the near future, and the current...

I Only just finished my 2nd grow ever I have very limited room yet I've done perpetual since he beginning and definetely couldn't see if any other way nice to always have ladies rdy soon as you harvest now I just gotta get a good drying room/chamber so i don't have to shut flower room down for 1-2 weeks after every harvest

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Aw fuck. No way where on these clones? Or the flowering lady? What temps/humidity caused that? I can't remember which is which but I believe the powdery mildews are generally caused in lower temps and higher temps cause slimey type molds? I may be wrong ..

The flower room brotha... I treated it by removing the infected leaves then spraying PM WASH. So far so good nothing's come back and they're budding up nicely.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I'm noticing my EC in run off is rising as I've been tending to my green. Run off is testing @ 4.0 EC. I'm noticing a little burning on my plants. Last two feedings have been @ 2.0 EC.
Run off is still testing @ 3.5 EC.

I've been watering to 20 percent run off.
IMG 0144
IMG 0145
IMG 0146
IMG 0147
IMG 0148
IMG 0149
IMG 0152
IMG 0153
IMG 0154

Latest posts

Top Bottom