Colorado-funded Arizona Study Needs Veterans With Ptsd

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Researcher: $2.1M pot study needs more participants

A Colorado-funded marijuana study taking place in Arizona is struggling to find enough participants. The lead researcher says she is looking for veterans who suffer from service-related PTSD.

Dr. Sue Sisley has been leading the research on behalf of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychadelic Studies, MAPS. The organization has held a three-year research contract with the state of Colorado since April 2016.

If Sisley cannot recruit enough participants - 76 total - within a month, she says she is willing to change the focus of the study to include people who suffer from all forms of PTSD, not just veterans.

According to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, it is possible to change the study, but it will require state approval as well as approval from a separate institutional review board that protects the interests of human subjects who participate.

To learn more about the study and read the full story visit Rocky Mountain PBS.

Rocky Mountain PBS

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Most vets who are in the VS system (like my uncle), has been told 2x by the VA, if he tests positive for thc once more, he gets booted from the VA and looses all.benefits.

I sincerely HOPE this is not going to happen to more fine individuals who sacrificed their lives for our country and freedom, while taking part in this study.

MW7945

MW7945

Most vets who are in the VS system (like my uncle), has been told 2x by the VA, if he tests positive for thc once more, he gets booted from the VA and looses all.benefits.

This. I was just recently talking on this subject with my best friend that was in Afghanistan. He said the ONLY way cannabis will get approved for PTSD treatment is if it becomes legalized on a federal level. Otherwise, the VA won't even consider it.

Studies like this are a step in the right direction, but it's still a ways out with the bozo we have in office running the show.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This. I was just recently talking on this subject with my best friend that was in Afghanistan. He said the ONLY way cannabis will get approved for PTSD treatment is if it becomes legalized on a federal level. Otherwise, the VA won't even consider it.

Studies like this are a step in the right direction, but it's still a ways out with the bozo we have in office running the show.
ya and his partner in crime Sessions.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

It is really, really difficult to have a serious or valid or authentic conversation regarding something as important as vets with PTSD when you make it a partisan issue. I don't agree with the cheetoh, and I don't agree with the d's, but playing partisan politics only hurts this conversation moving forward and making progress. The last administration wasn't exactly friendly to marijuana overall either, and so on.

The pick for drug czar is pretty troubling, almost as problematic as sessions. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...oubling-pharmaceutical-ties-article-1.3564794

It's disappointing to me that criminals on probation are allowed to get medical marijuana recommendations but those who served are not only unable to treat symptoms but they get dicked left and right trying to access care.

Thank you for your service, and to your friend for his. I believe Colorado had considered adding PTSD to the list of approved health conditions for medical mj, but that wouldn't change the stance that the VA currently has.

edit- the keebler elf got a little tissy with al franken and it was delightful to watch.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/10/18/jeff-sessions-give-me-a-break-russia-meetings-sot.cnn

"Give me a break" - that's meme-tastic.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It's a controll thing with the VA. Either take our pill cocktail or nothing and suffer. In will continue to help any vet and my uncle regardless. I will even go as far as help guide them in passing piss tests, as to what products acrually work and how to use them.

Until our government VA system acknowledges mj as a helpful medicine, they are left to the cocktail of pills and side effects.

Vice channel did an episode on ptsd before on weedettiquite (sp) last yr or so. And most recently on Netflix a stoner tv show delved into ptsd with an employee.

MW7945

MW7945

It's a controll thing with the VA. Either take our pill cocktail or nothing and suffer. In will continue to help any vet and my uncle regardless. I will even go as far as help guide them in passing piss tests, as to what products acrually work and how to use them.

Until our government VA system acknowledges mj as a helpful medicine, they are left to the cocktail of pills and side effects.

Vice channel did an episode on ptsd before on weedettiquite (sp) last yr or so. And most recently on Netflix a stoner tv show delved into ptsd with an employee.

Disjointed? Wasn't a fan of how they played into the typical "stoners are lazy/stupid" type bullshit. But, kudos to them for the ptsd aspect. Its a subject people prefer to ignore

K

Kris kush

I am a veteran who struggles with ptsd in California and they are completely cool with my marijuana consumption. I went to live in Kansas and found out that they would not even give me my meds I normally took all because I had weed in my system. Crazy. I feel for those in some states...
I sincerely HOPE this is not going to happen to more fine individuals who sacrificed their lives for our country and freedom, while taking part in this study.

K

Kris kush

I am a veteran who struggles with ptsd in California and they are completely cool with my marijuana consumption. I went to live in Kansas and found out that they would not even give me my meds I normally took all because I had weed in my system. Crazy. I feel for those in some states...

Top Bottom