comparison grow: HPS vs Induction

• Thread starter calbunn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chazbolin

chazbolin

gawd... i was just at the local hydro shop getting some drip pans and other incidentals and one of my guys there was so hyped that he had just finished loading up a new customer's order... a full room of 18 1000w HPS and all of the accompanying boxes and controllers, high voltage timers, and oh ya, air conditioners... i could only imagine how much that customer had spent... <shudder> then i pondered the minimum 36 bulbs ($150 each means $5400 a year) that he's now going to be buying annually. <shudder again>

perhaps that is the reason why:
a) my friend there said "i need to sell more rooms like that", and also
b) why he has told me that their store refuses to look at bringing Inda-Gro lamps in. it's the return bulb sales, baby!

but... he is very interested in my input on Inda-Gro lamps for his own personal grow. i showed him my recent round of pics and his eyes popped. then i told him that the durban is only half way there (i plan on taking her a full 70 days)... all i can say was that his reaction was good stuff.

i wish that you HID addicts would just slow your entrenched way of thinking a little bit and analyze your expenses on paper compared to running Inda-Gro. that one custie could have bought 6-7 (i'm sure Darryl would give a bulk discount) for the same loot he will be dropping on one years worth of bulbs. 7 420-PARs clocks in at 2940 watts. he could even have taken the money spent on the AC units and all the HID accessories and gotten more 420-PARs. i figure that he dropped a solid enough coin today that he would have been able to get all 18 lamps from Inda-Gro and been laughing at the rest of you non-believers for the next decade as he saves that $5400 annually and also pays the electric company approximately 40% of what he will be paying with those glorified street lamps.

oh ya, and he'd be growing better herb. faster.

dankworth

dankworth

HPS/MH is proven to generate a certain series of results.
Results that we are looking for.
Induction by itself does not generate these results.
Why would I run out and buy a bunch of inductions?

Why don't you Inda-gro salespeople show us a compelling advantage. That would speak for itself.

You guys are not showing us anything convincing.
I have not seen anything that makes me give a shit.
Yes there is potential, apparently. With induction lighting, that is.

If your Inda-grows were all that, people would have jumped all over them already.
They would sell themselves.
Instead of you guys doing a poor job of convincing us.

Stop sounding like the same shitty ad. It robs you of credibility.
That is how I first came to the understanding of how full of shit you guys are.

While you're at it, why don't you emulate the spectral output of a Gavita LEP.

Edit- Dude what are you talking about with $150 a lamp. Who sets up an 18k and pays $150 a lamp?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hey, looks like somebody got their broadband back up! Dank, why you shillin' (whoops i mean chillin') off grid so long?

dankworth

dankworth

Now at the location with the broadband. Like right now.
My phone, with 1g and 0-1 bars, has to always be logged in to not screw up.
Probably has been making it look like I have been perma-logged in without interacting.

Shit, I would buy induction tech from you, El Cerebro.
Because you have credibility.
Because of the way you conduct yourself.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

aww man, i'm flattered, but don't be muckin' up indagro's thread with your cheerleading now ok?

sdgrower

sdgrower

I got to smoke some blue sugar grown with induction lights. It was good, tasted a lot like blue dream.
My friends who grew it were happy with the results of the inda gro's.

chazbolin

chazbolin

Reposted from another site. The oil pics were just too good not to share. enjoy

ya, this is the only thread on RIU that i participate in, i fail to see your point there. there are several other sites that i actively participate in on different aspects of cannabis culture. not to toot my own horn, but i'm also pretty adept at organic chemistry as it pertains to various extraction techniques. for any that are interested, here's a few pics of a few of my various oil runs (which generally take one hour, from packing the tubes to taking the first taste off the TI nail):

it can suffice to say that i take cannabis VERY seriously. i have studied horticulture and organic gardening at a college level for several years, and since i am an ommp patient/grower, i felt free to openly discuss cannabis cultivation with 3 of my PHD having instructors; all of which had personal experience growing cannabis.

due to finances, i had elected to have a grower other than myself last year, but in that time i helped them to increase harvest weight 40% with just pruning techniques and changing the locations of their existing HPS lamps. i've help countless other local growers achieve similar increases by educating them on various other topics such as plant nutrition, CO2/heat balancing for peak metabolism, and the addition of light movers.

i had also been learning about HID alternatives in that time, and found out about EFDL (i had previously been leaning towards LEDs), and also Inda-Gro in partiular, which I asked about at a local collective. the owner referred me to her husband, who owned a grow shop. he had a set of EFDL lamps, from a different manufacturer; a 200w and a 400w, both bi-spectrum. he donated them to me, due to my finances, and also due to the assistance that i had given at the collective, to other patients. and so there you have it. my introduction to EFDL in general had zero buy in for me. i guess yay for me, right? but see, one month into bloom, the 400w crapped out. the manufacturer didn't want to honor a transferred warranty so my option was to put out $200 for a ballast replacement... or put that $200 towards a 420PAR, which i, based on research, believed would out perform the 400W that i had been using.

and boy am i stoked with my choice there! all i have been trying to do is share my experience with these lamps here. i found this thread via google and noticed that there weren't a lot of them in general. i had already searched the forums on the other sites that i frequent, and they didnt have anything there either. so i decided to pitch my $0.02 where it looked like others had started tossing theirs.

what's upsetting, and i apologize for letting it get to me earlier, is that all you are doing is poo-pooing what we have to share, and it's not even opinion here. I HAVE PICS. I HAVE VIDEO. its you that has naught but (unfounded) opinion. i'm not trying to be personal here, but i say "unfounded" because you have no first hand experience with them, and we do. regardless if someone has a stake or interest in something that they believe in, that shouldn't negate the passion that they feel for it. all those people that advocate exercise, what are they trying to sell you?

as i previously stated, my passion is earth first. i love cannabis and indoor cultivation, but i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i actually tallied up an electric bill like my ex-grower ($4000 per month, electric alone), just for where i know those kilowatt hours come from... hydro dams that are detrimental to salmon runs. when researching the lights that i was going to use, to take a step towards my own self-sufficiency, i studied long and hard. before i put out a cent on one, i certainly had my mind made up. i know that it's rare to be gifted the chance to try a technology that is "fringe" by some accounts, and that's why i sought to share my experience.

also, Darryl is a good man. he stands behind the medical cannabis community with his personal reputation as well as that of his company. he's not like Sony or LG, where is one thing bombs, he can shift focus to something else... these lamps are his everything, and after using them personally, i can see that his efforts are quite fruitful indeed.

anyways, i just wanted to toss that up before going to bed... watering the plants is meditative for me, and the girls hadn't needed it for the past 3 days... so sorry for being grumpy earlier. off to some oil dabs for me!!!

take care yall.

IMG 20120503 001909
IMG 20120503 001859
IMG 20120422 010239
IMG 20120422 010031
IMG 20120404 201847
IMG 20120307 213931
IMG 20120307 213618
IMG 20120307 200047
IMG 20120118 010107
IMG 20120117 202431
IMG 20120117 202029
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

This is way beyond ridiculous now. The post you just quoted from rollitup (with the acronym right there so we can all go read more of your shill-reports and made-up stories) is authored by the same guy further back in this thread who openly admits the being an indagro sales-rep. (See him starring in the HT cup video with Daryl from Indagro.) For a second, it seemed like he might indeed show something interesting here, several of us even gave him props privately for doing so honestly and without hiding in anonymity. But then he quickly disappeared with no followup, save his subsequent detailed journal thread on rollitup which Chazbolin (et al.) have so conveniently introduced here, along with all the other 'public service announcements' in this thread from his other logins/colleagues (whichever the case may be, and against the rules in numerous ways btw).

Now I'm gonna say something about this guy Daryl who owns indagro. I spoke with him on the phone at length a couple years ago, like almost an hour. He also owned at least two other affiliated companies, one that sells induction retrofits for non-grow uses, and another which seems to focus on smart-power controls, backup generation systems, and maybe some solar (he only revealed the latter, I discovered his other induction company on my own later). He was a pleasant guy, wouldn't stop quoting all kinds of science/tech long enough for me to ask my questions, but that's ok cause he did give me tons of interestingness to research afterward. I kind of liked the guy really, but it was obvious the way he continually evaded questions like yield and hps comparison (which I kept trying to ask repeatedly to no avail) that he was holding something back and would never give me the totally straight story. Now for the interesting part, I took extremely detailed notes during our phone conversation cause I really wanted to apply this tech, practically wrote down everything he said verbatim in my notebook. Then I started researching the topic through academic sources and on the forums, and found Chazbolin (later to realize it's actually Chaz and 'friends') talking often and at length about the exact same detailed points Daryl made during our phone meeting. Chaz especially seems to use Daryl's tongue in his writing, and the others appear more as chimer-inners (read here and around the web, then tell me I'm crazy). I even pointed this out to a few mods after a while, and it's apparently become so blatantly obvious several were already aware of Daryl, Bill, and whoever else is continually in on this.

Now in the end I could care less what kind of bullshit indagro is pulling, and I previously just wanted to evaluate the trustworthiness of the company and claims behind their products, before shelling out my hard-earned cash. I'm certainly not going to waste any MORE of my time on these fools to detail all the evidence piece by piece, but with their recent posting mistakes finally revealing all this deceit beyond question, it's now all out on the web for anyone who wants to verify themselves. And go ahead indagro, accuse me of slander... oh that's right, you can't because everything I'm saying is true. If induction tech is solid enough to actually be of use to us, these guys have only soured the forum market so much with their deceptive marketing practices that it's now just another case of LEDgirl blues.

chazbolin

chazbolin

It wasn't a posting mistake. I'm actively involved in the RIU thread because there are more people contributing to the dialogue then just me. I happen to like both forums and stated clearly that this was a repost thinking the pictures speak for themselves and would be of interest to some of these readers.

I have no idea who LED girl might be but it seems like your comparison is a negative one. On the other hand Daryl and Inda-Gro have done at least 4 one hour radio shows that you can pull up under the American Freedom Radio and Time4Hemp archives in which the discussions with Ed Rosenthal, Paul Stanford, Marc-Boris, Casper Leitch and Irv Rosenfeld all proved very very interesting and did not just center on lighting but the laws that are affecting everyone of our personal liberties when it comes to government intervention over the decisions we make on what to put in our bodies or what we choose to grow in both the USA and Canada.

I also know that Inda-Gro has on occasion donated lights to sick patients and to legal defense funds of which I can personally attest. If your LED girl engaged in this type of support to the MMJ community then I would applaud her efforts because Inda-Gro from my perspective is not, nor ever has been, solely about the money.

Pretty cool pics though huh?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

You are full of shit. Taking another opportunity to post more links to his business. I don't care if mother Teresa used indagro, she was a fucking liar too.

ImStoned

ImStoned

That's a bold statement to say. If you actually knew what these lights can do it would be a hands down deal. Do the side by side grow and see who's lying to whom? I know what these lights did for me, I know what is in their hearts as well. Money isn't the motive! Remember when you're pointing your finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How can a light shorten your harvest time to 5.5 weeks? A lot of the posts sure sounds like sales pitch. I may be wrong... but...

something-smells-fishy-and-it-certainly-isnt-fish.jpg

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

That's a bold statement to say. If you actually knew what these lights can do it would be a hands down deal. Do the side by side grow and see who's lying to whom? I know what these lights did for me, I know what is in their hearts as well. Money isn't the motive! Remember when you're pointing your finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you.
Hey look, yet another new member who only posts about indagro! What about what you said over here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...light-300w-1000w-hid.14445/page-3#post-826850

Oh and Chaz is over on that thread too, big surprise, with more cut and paste lies, and who knows how many logins. Btw, I am pointing all my fingers at you, lying fucker.

D

DonoHayes

For all intents and purposes my grow journals should be up here to show, that is your main issue am I right? That no pictures and proof has come? I have hundreds to load yet am busy with school, being a disabled veteran, trying to get employed, and a few grows as well as setting up a grow for you guys to be able to tune into that is non biased. Now the only way i can do that without being flamed and burned is by not only showing my results, but by showing others'. If anyone here is familiar with Paul Stanford I met with him last week to give him the option of testing one of the Inda-Gro Pro 420 PAR lighting units to show. I will be reconvening with him this week to discuss details and logistics of being able to show this to the public. This is hopefully to be done via 24hr webcam streaming available via multiple websites. Casper Leach a local radio host and hemp activist will also be helping by keeping tabs on his show Time-4-Hemp on the American Freedom Radio circuit. I apologize, thoroughly for being so busy and taking such little time to convey my understanding of the lights I love and would love to share. That is my issue not Darryl's, and would like to state it as such. If someone can help me out setting an online photo album up i will provide what I have so far to all of you guys, but i cant sit here and upload 4 pics at a time.
At this time if anyone can contact Gavita I would love to bring their lights into this and compare throughout seed/clone, veg, and flower, with no worries of who does better, let Paul Stanford who is like you wish for, a proven trust-able grower and public figure, and not monetarily motivated, figure it out. While everyone watches day to day.

D

DonoHayes

The fact of the matter is even if i did post thousands of photos, everyone would still knock me, because i am an affiliate. This is why I am asking how to make it more comparable, what, in your mind as a customer, would you like to be convinced of and what exactly should be tested.

I would also like to add I at no time have ever been paid by inda-gro or made money off them. I am not actually a partner nor salesman. just a super interested customer who got their hands into a part of something they thought could blow up.

If youre older wiser and have done it by all means discount my ideas and practices, but for what it's worth I am solely here, trying to provide cleaner better top notch medicine than i could with smaller spectrum lights.

D

DonoHayes

If the 5.5 weeks question was aimed at me then i can explain. When you flower traditionally, most gardeners switch from 18-6 to 12-12 rapidly. this causes a week or two of transitioning into flower, and adjusted to the different spectrum. When I did my first run, now i am not god nor perfect, i somehow had that time cut, now my theory is that the inda-gros help the cannabis transition faster therefore shortening flower by a short amount of time. ie that week or two

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

No my issue is with all the lying and con-job from Chaz and his 'friends' here (all who coincidentally only have a few posts, not surprisingly centered almost exclusively around promoting Indagro).

Dono, several of us have been eager to see your results and read your feedback, in fact you got some decent +rep On the old system for just showing up in this thread and being honest about your affiliation. But then you dissapeared for a bit, while 'Chaz' surreptitiously attempts to funnel business from thcfarmer over to rollitup, and to a not-surprisingly familiar journal thread. Are you saying that indagro journal on the competing forum isn't yours? I certainly don't want to make any unfounded claims, so please, fill us in (since all Chaz will do is lie).

sdgrower

sdgrower

Not sure who Paul Stanford is but in his test can we get a dry weight measurement for a change? No one cares what the wet weight is.

D

DonoHayes

I am here man and I am sorry for not clarifying earlier, no I dont have any connection to RIU i dont actually have an account. I am about to go to the portland office for OCTA 2012 and see if Paul is there, whilest getting a job, so tonight hopefully i will be making a FLICKR or Photobucket for my grows. I would just hope for everyone to be courteous, I know darryl personally and would hope everyone could have the same circumstances of understanding and seeing what hes about, I called him and he is going to stay out of this, and that i can assure you is truth. Like i said though, you seem to be quite inquisitive so i would appreciate if you could outline some concerns and specifics youd like to see proof of or light shed on. The more questions you ask the more thorough I can be and the more "enlightening" i can be. I do applaud your criticism, it is the only way one can come to a decision based on cold facts.
Thanks for being patient guys,
Donovan- grower patient student thinker

Latest posts

Top Bottom