Cooking Rapid Rooters,For Dinner !!!

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
So I'm going to start some new beans today, I have a Brand New Bag of The Root Riots from HDI and I cut the top of grab me out a hand full set them on the table, I grab the 1st one to put the seed into, to notice that there little red/white looking bugs running around the top of the Root Riot, I grab an microscope and took a quick look, appeared to be some sort of mite/ crawler aphid stage looking bugs, Fuckers were moving FAST faster then any mite I have ever seen. I pitched the bag into trash took it out to the can, went back to hydro store and bought another new bag, well now HDI is punching holes in the upper right hand corner of the bags to let air into the bags, but also they are letting any Fucking bugs that come into the hydro store on people clothing and bodies into the Bags also. If your going to be popping any new beans and use theses Root Riots then take out how ever many you need and boil them in a pan of water for about 3 mins , here some pics of the ones I just did...:cigar:

Cooking rapid rootersfor dinner
Cooking rapid rootersfor dinner 2
Cooking rapid rootersfor dinner 3

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Update, so I took the rest of the bag of rooters and dumped it into a 1 gallon zip lock baggy, then used a 60x microscope to look at them, There is more shit crawling around in them fuckers then you can Shake A Stick At, :confused:, seen some thing, looked like a white snake sliding around in one of them, not sure WTF they are adding to them, don't care I WILL NEVER NOT BOIL AGAIN !!!:mad:

L

larebowm

I also microwave after opening a bag and had small flies come flying out.getem soggy and nuke to steaming hot.I ohnestly dont think theyre inoculated with anything.ialways hitem with caps benes now first sign of roots.

L

larebowm

oops my bad:( i should have said root riot..havnt tried rapid rooter..but ive still recieved flies.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
oops my bad:( i should have said root riot..havnt tried rapid rooter..but ive still recieved flies.

My Bad Bro, I was just reading your post and was like Shit, That's the name, it was the Root Riots, that I had, just checked the bag of the new one, so I fixed it in my 1st post, but anyway, boil them Fuckers every time..;)

Root riots

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

wow thats pretty outrageous i use rapid rooters, but was going to buy the root riots because alot of the rapid rooters are compressed and squished so they are horrible for rooting probably just the dro stores fault but still...

Thanks for posting. Imight try rockwool out now because of this thread..

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
wow thats pretty outrageous i use rapid rooters, but was going to buy the root riots because alot of the rapid rooters are compressed and squished so they are horrible for rooting probably just the dro stores fault but still...

Thanks for posting. Imight try rockwool out now because of this thread..
I checked the ones that were boiled with a 100x microscope, nothing was moving everything was sterilized after the process. I just did another set of 6 more, boiled them for 5mins this time, they held up well during the process, so boil for 5 mins jus to be safe, theses are all I use to pop beans they work great but just need to be sterilized....:cool:

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

good info to know their structure holds up to boiling good stuff oscar :cool:

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I remember reading about there being benificial bactirea and microbs in the Rapid Rooters to help seedlings and clones out and helps out with the transplant too. I had not seen any post about killing all the good stuff when you boil the cubes. Do a pepsi challange and if you can find a clean plug no bugs and boil one to see if there is any diffence, after gemination or cloning just my 2cents.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I remember reading about there being benificial bactirea and microbs in the Rapid Rooters to help seedlings and clones out and helps out with the transplant too. I had not seen any post about killing all the good stuff when you boil the cubes. Do a pepsi challange and if you can find a clean plug no bugs and boil one to see if there is any diffence, after gemination or cloning just my 2cents.
We'll I just started some new beans in the boiled ones, I can tell ya this I don't know what method they are using to put in the so called bennefica shit but they better do a quality check on that shit.I will update after the beans pop and let ya know how many don't I have had great luck with them in the past but have always had a few that would not pop or pop and then stall out, now I'm wondering if the poor seed was getting eaten by some root apids or mites that came in the cubs right out of the bad

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I had 11 of 12 last pop and the one that didn't got stalled because is was just at the surface but didn't push though. In 50/50 perlite/soil mix, in 8 oz cups. GL

ttystikk

ttystikk

Those little snake things in the microscope are fungus gnat larvae, and they will eat your roots! Very fast moving mites might well have been a predator variety- spidermites are brown and do not move quickly.

If you want bennies on your rapid rooters- or any other brand- just mix up some ACT and use that to water with. Cap's OGBiowar line is excellent for this, as are many others.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Those little snake things in the microscope are fungus gnat larvae, and they will eat your roots! Very fast moving mites might well have been a predator variety- spidermites are brown and do not move quickly.

If you want bennies on your rapid rooters- or any other brand- just mix up some ACT and use that to water with. Cap's OGBiowar line is excellent for this, as are many others.
That's right my brother:) , I have been fighting, fungus gnats for over 2 years NOW !!!, I get the fuckers gone, BAMM there back, well I think I have found the source of the bastards, It was the FUCKING SHIT COMING in these Root Riots, :mad: , All you guys worried about the Bennies, Let the Beans Pop, then after the beans are taking off, then start to Apply ACT, Caps Bennies, what ever you want, but all theses Fucking Companies and their BULSHITT about how they are adding Micros and shit to their products, plains and simple I'm finding nothing but Pest and other things you Don't want in theses Products that are lables as having all the GOOD STUFF in them, Fuck these companies, sterilize their products then add back the Real Stuff...:D

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

LOL about the nats, I had them also a grow ago and took a tip from the farm and used 3 things first sand on top soil next the yellow 3x6 sticky traps and a bottle of Safer soap. This last grow only had 3 nats on yellow stickies. The grow before the funking yellow was allmost black from those nats haha.

ttystikk

ttystikk

GoGnats is cedar oil, OMRI listed organic, and it's effective against fungus gnats too.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
GoGnats is cedar oil, OMRI listed organic, and it's effective against fungus gnats too.

GoGnats is good stuff, I have a bottle of it that I have used before, knocks them Gnats on their ass, but I would alsways seem to get more, Now thinking they were getting restarted from the Riot Rooters, Oh well Learn Something New Everyday

Latest posts

Top Bottom