Cure Flower Enhancer

• Thread starter Thoth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

masterplan

im most curious about the weight....i would nto smoke it or use it, but i am really curious about the weight lol...keep us posted, glad your willing to sacrifice some of your hard worked buds for this experiment

If the product comes in water then im gonna have a quess that this means it's water soluble - meaning that it could be washed off if you didnt like it?? I'm also interested to hear about its weight lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Honestly.. I question the skills of the grower who has to use a product like this to sell his shit...

If i ever caught my caregiver bulking up his products with some bullshit like this ( Unless its terps and thc in a bottle its bullshit ) I'd woop his ass :D

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

I’ve trialled cure on a white rhino cross. I would’ve liked to try it on more strains but wasn’t possible this time round. I also didn’t think about weighing the nugs first so sorry I haven’t got any precise stats on the yield increase - seems lots of farmers here are interested in that lol! There's still most of bottle left and I have 11.1 oz of ready nugs that have been treated with cure.

I used a ratio at 7 parts water to 1 part cure which totalled a bit over a quart. I know this is very dilute but having no experience with the product I thought it seemed like a wiser place to start.

Remarks;
I think its going to be popular with commercial growers and probably connoisseurs esp if they buy into the marketing pitch about preserving terps. Probably it will preserve the minty citrus flavor of nugs, I’m willing to give them that.

Honestly I struggled to get my head around the weirdness of submerging nugs in a solution even if its just water and cellulose but in practice it was non problematic, so long as the excess is drained off. Don’t try this if you don’t have a warm dry air and a fan to dry the nugs out properly.

Basically I just used two large salad bowls, one for dunking the nugs under the solution and the other was under a salad strainer to collect what drained off. Eventually the fresh nugs had mopped up everything in the dunking bowl but after draining them in the strainer a lot of the solution had recollected. So not wanting to waste it I just kept repeating the process until the solution I'd made was all used up.

This meant I ended up treating way more material than I had originally intended to.

Now for the crazy part. Tastewise its essentially invisible and thats is why I think it’ll be popular. And it has no color also. But treated nugs smoked as normal without any detectable difference to smoothness or taste.

The cellulose seems to get completely absorbed into the nug too.

The other thing is it definitely makes nugs firmer and less crumbly which personally is the only reason I might ever consider using it if stops the pile of crumbs building up in the bottom of the jar.

I expect this stuff might be particularly well suited for fluffy loose structured MJ, esp outdoor, greenhouse or sativas, but I could be completely off base as I only tested it on indoor.

As for the terps preservation and whether nugs treated with it actually pack more punch after x no. of months vs nugs that haven’t been thats still something I really wanna know..
Did you apply it on fresh material?

Still waiting for my phantom sample bottle to turn up and chopping in a few days, was supposed to be here a week ago

Erbalist

Erbalist

Long time lurker on TF, first time poster.

On my way back through Spain I had to take the opportunity for a detour to visit Spannabis given the timing (which I think was only a week or two after MY Seattle)! Man, what a trip- the mix of stall-holders & the general vibe was cool but bordered on bizarre. Let's just say the EU market is alive & kicking.

I managed to get a hold of a Cure sample & flyer at Spannabis through one of the actual Floraltec guys (Australians) who was at the convention. Based on the reasonably lengthy conversation we had, then given it's using 100% plant derived cellobiose, is completely PGR free & non-toxic (hahaha, & yes they too both taste tested it in front of me!), then it stands to reason that it will have some pretty positive preserving qualities to the bud structure while protecting the oils & trichomes from oxidation/degradation, particularly with OGs & varieties with a fluffy flower structure. The Floraltec guys were both certainly promoting the product's natural preserving qualities over & above that of the obvious weight-gains etc. Sadly I don't know that that's the principle sentiment which will be the motivation for commercial growers to use it- not where weight=$$$ is the motivator. No doubt there will be some unscrupulous scummy commercial growers who will use it as a way of purely bulking out their product, particularly in the dank market if it's even half as good as it sounds, rather than in moderation as a natural plant preservative. At face value the science & application sounds legit so I'll be interested to see how how it goes. Time to test & have a play.

From what was described then Cure is very much designed to be used as a post-harvest/pre-curing drench treatment.

Thoth

Thoth

Okie dokie, sorry for this taking so long! Been meaning to upload these pics for ages but haven’t been on here for a while.

I did the experiment like I said I would with 5 small buds. Each of the buds was treated with a different dilution rate. 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6. I didn’t do 1/1 in this experiment but have done it since and won’t be doing it again.

I gave the buds a good flick to get rid of the excess solution before drying them. I worked out the increased weight by taking the fresh weight of each bud and dividing that by 4 to get what would have been the likely dry weight… I then worked out the difference to give me the % increase.

So without further ado

1/2 = + 20.1%
1/3 = + 15.6%
1/4 = + 12.2%
1/5 = + 7.4%
1/6 = + 8.5%

checked this twice and i don’t know why the 1/6 rate put on more than the 1/5 it could have been something I did wrong

All buds have been curing for about 6 months. It was my intention to post straight after i ran the experiment but i thought maybe I should sit on them and observe over time + i’ve been busy with life!

So the weight increase is clearly real. Visually the buds looked a bit darker green in the first week or 2 of curing but after a couple of months that look goes away and now I really can’t notice the difference even with a macro lens. I’m no botanist but I think the fresh buds soak up the cellulose and as it cures it gets absorbed in all the vascular parts of the plant?

As for smoke and taste I waited a couple of months to try these and did it with two of my pals. None of us could taste a difference ,meaning that it doesn’t taste like there is something there that shouldn’t be, but i know my strain and all five buds tasted closer to buds that are 2-3 weeks old not 6 months old, and just like is typical of fresher buds it definitely gave me a more cerebral buzz than I would normally get from 6month old buds. To me the terp preservation is the most impressive aspect of this product. Interestingly this ‘younger’ taste wasnt any more pronounced with the 1/2 rate than the 1/6 rate.

Smokewise it burned normal

And I agree with ralphys post as it does seems to make the buds firmer but this was more pronounced on the 1/2 rate. It might stop crumbs like ralphy said but I didn’t treat enough to be able to make a call on that.

My conclusion is I like what it does to the terps but I dont like the application process. It would be better if this was something you could put in the nutrient tank before harvest but maybe thats too difficult to do.

Unfortunately cure doesn’t appear to be on any shelves yet only samples which are becoming increasingly scarce. I cannot imagine it is going to be cheap and so really, unless ur buying it for unscrupulous weight gains you would want to use it sparingly…. no better an example of less is more.

yellowhead

yellowhead

Thoth thanks for the results write up and the time you’ve put into this I'v been eager to see some pics

I’d really like to know far did that bottle go? as in how much fresh buds did it go on? Just trying to work backwards from your calculations and in the event that I should come across a sample next week I’m wondering if it will be enough to treat a whole plant??

And you said you did it at 1:1 but won’t be doing it again. why is that may I ask?

Thoth

Thoth

It really depends on the size of your plant. I can’t give u an exact figure of how much 200ml will do because I played around with different dilutions and also gave some to a friend. I would recommend diluting it at 1/5 or 6 which will give you 1200-1400ml total. Unless your growing trees that will easily cover several small plants.

The reason I said I won’t do it at 1/1 again is IMO theres no need to use that much. I have no problem with a small weight gain if its preserving terps. I do have a problem with a large weight gain like 30-plus % because its totally unnecessary for my cause.

Captive

Captive

So let me get this right ……….you are saying that cure actually INCREASES the quality of your weed??? :bored:

N

noone88

Growers will buy almost anything if there is a chance for more profit.

neverbreak

neverbreak

didn't realize there was a thread on this. I've used cure. was given 2 bottles a while back to trial and ended up goin back to get another 2. so've used it a bit

its used for volatile oil preservation. rarely will i talk up any product that comes out of a bottle but frankly I'm blown away with the results. it is actually amazing how well this stuff works. if you use it right it gives ur nugs a finishing touch that no other product i know of will do. you really see n taste the comparative differences after a couple of months. pretty much what thoth said

prob better suited for experienced growers with strains that produce high levels of monoterpenes, otherwise potentially wasting ur time

a beginner grower i know got it wrong by using cure with buds that had already wilted 2 days after harvest , then not drying his weed in the correct fashion before attempting to cure. IME the trick is immersing the buds within 2-3hrs of trimming so cure is taken up by the plant cells the way its supposed to be.. and having at least some basic understanding or experience of curing helps too

-neverbreak

Mex

Mex

I keep hearing good reports about cure.. and I’m satisfied with the rationale of putting hemp/cannabis cellulose back into the very same thing it came from in the first place makes sense from a logical point of view….but is holding in terpene volatiles really a good thing for curing??….am i the only one questioning this???

Bcos I was under the impression that burping every week for a few months releases these compounds , consequently a newly cured nug has those spicy hints of spearmint or citrus whereas a carefully long cured nug has more subtle skunky cedar undertones…and personally I prefer the latter

tonic177

tonic177

I keep hearing good reports about cure.. and I’m satisfied with the rationale of putting hemp/cannabis cellulose back into the very same thing it came from in the first place makes sense from a logical point of view….but is holding in terpene volatiles really a good thing for curing??….am i the only one questioning this???

Bcos I was under the impression that burping every week for a few months releases these compounds , consequently a newly cured nug has those spicy hints of spearmint or citrus whereas a carefully long cured nug has more subtle skunky cedar undertones…and personally I prefer the latter
I guess its a matter of taste (pun intended). I very much enjoy the fruity flavors of freshly harvested weed. Once that taste starts to diminish I think the effect changes and is less enjoyable too. Less buzz, more fuzz

Thoth

Thoth

So let me get this right ……….you are saying that cure actually INCREASES the quality of your weed??? :bored:
Not sure if that is a general question or you are just asking me if you think it’s increased the quality of just my weed in particular, obviously I can only speak for myself.

I wouldn’t say cure increases OR decreases the quality of weed while its still young - as in 2-3 weeks cured (unless its the slight increased firmness you’re after). Its really once buds have been curing for a while and I can then compare them to the buds I didn’t treat, then yeah I would say the ‘quality’ is better in some respects, mainly what I already said above. Flavor and the resulting high

Keep in mind I did this experiment on small low-grade buds from the lower canopy (in case it didn’t work) as it was the first time I used it. I've since used it on fat trike dense buds and I’ve gotten consistently the same results, if not better. But if you’re a beginner grower and going to try cure I recommend doing something similar to what Ive done first.

H

hawkman

Never have considered "washing" plants after harvest - do understand the concept - all ways trying to keep it simple

Intense

Intense

Never have considered "washing" plants after harvest - do understand the concept - all ways trying to keep it simple
I second that. Not so long ago I did some background research into cure, how it works etc. It’s an outstanding invention I’ll happily give it that and from what I'm hearing there’s no doubting its efficacy. I think this product is actually ahead of it’s time, which is probably a first for this industry. The problem is the company has developed possibly one of the most important products to ever hit the med scene, but whoever came up with the idea of submerging buds under water clearly isn’t a grower or hasn’t given it much thought. I mean seriously guys that’s really the best u can come up with?? Why on earth not use it as a foliar spray like with a high-pressure atomizer before trikes actually start to turn amber and oxidize? Surely several successive sprays during weeks 3-8 would be infinitely easier than a drench n’ drain method! Sorry I could just never put my buds under water

H

hawkman

I second that. Not so long ago I did some background research into cure, how it works etc. It’s an outstanding invention I’ll happily give it that and from what I'm hearing there’s no doubting its efficacy. I think this product is actually ahead of it’s time, which is probably a first for this industry. The problem is the company has developed possibly one of the most important products to ever hit the med scene, but whoever came up with the idea of submerging buds under water clearly isn’t a grower or hasn’t given it much thought. I mean seriously guys that’s really the best u can come up with?? Why on earth not use it as a foliar spray like with a high-pressure atomizer before trikes actually start to turn amber and oxidize? Surely several successive sprays during weeks 3-8 would be infinitely easier than a drench n’ drain method! Sorry I could just never put my buds under water
I agree never likes the idea of washing the plant - some folks swear by it - just seems one is washing away the /some "tic's" also. I mean one time I knocked a big bud and seen many,many tic's come off - now one want to wash the plant? No thanks

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I think some of the bud I have gotten must have been pee cure enhanced in a truck stop urinal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom