Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

One week since cut got roots going on Black Mamba. I picked the best two, one for me and one for a friend. The Tomahawk, and Cookies and Chem are starting to root, probably transplant tomorrow.

Those are beauts! Nice strong start.

Looks like you're scraping the surface for stronger roots? Have you tried an aeroponic cloner? Cuts the time in half from what I've read. They're only like $60-$100 on Amazon. Was planning on using the one I bought for my cousin to do my clones.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Those are beauts! Nice strong start.

Looks like you're scraping the surface for stronger roots? Have you tried an aeroponic cloner? Cuts the time in half from what I've read. They're only like $60-$100 on Amazon. Was planning on using the one I bought for my cousin to do my clones.

I don't scrape, but I do a few shallow slices longways along the bottom of the stem. I use this cloner.

https://www.powergrowsystems.com/products/powergrow-bucket-cloner

It works well and I think I've had it over a year now. I think I got a defective pump cause it started making noise the second time I used it. It lasted about a year and I had to buy a new one on amazon recently. It wasn't expensive and is much quieter than the original. It could easily be a diy project, but I decided to just buy it since another farmer recommended it and was showing nice roots. I'm getting pretty good with it too, some of my clones almost look fresh cut when they are rooted and ready to x-plant!

Farmer P

Farmer P

Day 12 from flip and the plants are looking great and have small buds on them already. I ended up buying some stakes for the Greenpoints: Tomahawk and Cookies n Chem. I think I will be able to keep them from growing into the lid now. Just got my worm farm in yesterday and the worms from Unkle Jims (thanks @gnome). Looking forward to some homemade worm teas. It will be a while before I can harvest castings so I bought a couple more bags from Home Depot. Also got me a litte dehuey for the drying box since the humidity made my life hard the last week.
The clones are doing well and the run after this will be a repeat, then I will cull my least favorite and either go with the Exotic Thug Life (triple og x extreme og) or the Greenpoint Cowboy Kush (Hells Angels og x Stardawg).

Staked up
Plants
Unkle jims
Worm farm
Dehumi
20180717 165710
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I don't scrape, but I do a few shallow slices longways along the bottom of the stem. I use this cloner.

https://www.powergrowsystems.com/products/powergrow-bucket-cloner

It works well and I think I've had it over a year now. I think I got a defective pump cause it started making noise the second time I used it. It lasted about a year and I had to buy a new one on amazon recently. It wasn't expensive and is much quieter than the original. It could easily be a diy project, but I decided to just buy it since another farmer recommended it and was showing nice roots. I'm getting pretty good with it too, some of my clones almost look fresh cut when they are rooted and ready to x-plant!

Well, they look great. I was reading that gently scraping off the cambium layer creates a large callus and a lot of strong roots but severely slows rooting time. When I cloned roses I used to slice them like you and I got excellent results.

Here's the cloner I bought for my cousin. It's a 36 clone Clone King for $95 w/shipping. Haven't used it yet but it has outstanding reviews.
51xz8TaY0iL AC SL1500

Day 12 from flip and the plants are looking great and have small buds on them already. I ended up buying some stakes for the Greenpoints: Tomahawk and Cookies n Chem. I think I will be able to keep them from growing into the lid now. Just got my worm farm in yesterday and the worms from Unkle Jims (thanks @gnome). Looking forward to some homemade worm teas. It will be a while before I can harvest castings so I bought a couple more bags from Home Depot. Also got me a litte dehuey for the drying box since the humidity made my life hard the last week.
The clones are doing well and the run after this will be a repeat, then I will cull my least favorite and either go with the Exotic Thug Life (triple og x extreme og) or the Greenpoint Cowboy Kush (Hells Angels og x Stardawg).

They are looking awesome. That is a great pic you took up top. Really showcases your grow room.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008NRQJC0?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Farmer P

Farmer P

Well, they look great. I was reading that gently scraping off the cambium layer creates a large callus and a lot of strong roots but severely slows rooting time. When I cloned roses I used to slice them like you and I got excellent results.

Here's the cloner I bought for my cousin. It's a 36 clone Clone King for $95 w/shipping. Haven't used it yet but it has outstanding reviews.
View attachment 816523
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008NRQJC0?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

They are looking awesome. That is a great pic you took up top. Really showcases your grow room.

That looks like a nice cloner. I would try to fabricate some kind of dome for it. I cut the bottom out of a white 5 gallon bucket and covered that hole with seran wrap so the light can get in plus a little cutout for the cord at the other end of the bucket and I got a great dome. I just use spring water in mine with no other additives. PH 6.5

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That looks like a nice cloner. I would try to fabricate some kind of dome for it. I cut the bottom out of a white 5 gallon bucket and covered that hole with seran wrap so the light can get in plus a little cutout for the cord at the other end of the bucket and I got a great dome. I just use spring water in mine with no other additives. PH 6.5

It came with a few cut pieces of styrofoam with a reflective coating. Nothing about them in the instructions but I assume they fit around the top for a light. I have my nano-dome cover and a single 15watt T5 grow light that fits in the top. I might be able to rigg it to fit the cloner. The light was absolutely useless for starting beans but most of the reviews said it worked great for clones.

Thanks for the advice.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Update time.
I decided to ditch the table this run. It was too much work bending so many branches like every other day. I let them get too tall. I have them on little stands so I might still be able to use my syphon. Today is day 22. 34 days till chop lol. Some pics.

20180727 063140
20180727 063203
20180723 201805
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update time.
I decided to ditch the table this run. It was too much work bending so many branches like every other day. I let them get too tall. I have them on little stands so I might still be able to use my syphon. Today is day 22. 34 days till chop lol. Some pics.

Looking great as always.

I'm surprised you haven't built a ScrOG yet. Or would it cause your grows to take too long? I don't remember ever seeing one used under natural light.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Looking great as always.

I'm surprised you haven't built a ScrOG yet. Or would it cause your grows to take too long? I don't remember ever seeing one used under natural light.

That may be something I'll try in the future. This time I was trying to do like last time and have fewer colas but bigger ones. It kind of got out of hand so now I'm just winging it lol.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Worked my butt off out in the heat today. I added electricity to the greenhouse thinking automation. Now I need a plastic trashcan and a manifold and I'm rolling, already got the pump. Plants are happy, praying. Tea Day! Day 24.

20180729 171747
20180729 172243
20180729 172409
G gnome

G gnome

Worm factory 360!! Nice!!! Ive been usin one for about 5 yrs now.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Worm factory 360!! Nice!!! Ive been usin one for about 5 yrs now.
They had one of those see price in cart deals on amazon, think I paid 79 bucks. How do you add moisture to your bins? I added a layer of wet newspaper as a cover and every time I open it up it is half dried out. I been spraying it with a spray bottle to re-wet it. The worms seem to be doing ok. None tried to escape yet.

G gnome

G gnome

They had one of those see price in cart deals on amazon, think I paid 79 bucks. How do you add moisture to your bins? I added a layer of wet newspaper as a cover and every time I open it up it is half dried out. I been spraying it with a spray bottle to re-wet it. The worms seem to be doing ok. None tried to escape yet.
Best bet is to have the whole bin in a cool place

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers, I put in a little work today. Should help save some time and allow me to leave without my friends having to do too much work while I'm gone. It's a pretty simple setup I'll be feeding three times a day for 5 minutes each. Five mins with this little pump equals a little over a half gallon each. Hope it works out. I have another pump aerating it waterfall style.
Some Pics:
Outside Res 2
Res inside

Black mamba
Black Mamba

Cookies N Chem
Cookies N Chem

And Tomahawk
Tomahawk
All 3

Last edited:
Farmer P

Farmer P

Update time. I had a little setback. I stopped using the light deprivation cover a few weeks back thinking I'd be ok but they started to re-veg! So they started stretching again and I had to put the greenpoints all the way down on the ground now. It's really not all bad since its kind of an experiment in monster cropping. I think they are going to have some serious monster buds because of the re-veg but we'll see. Some Pics.

Bottom up all

All

Cookies N Chem
Cookies N Chem

Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Tomahawk
Tomahawk

Have a great week farmers!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update time. I had a little setback. I stopped using the light deprivation cover a few weeks back thinking I'd be ok but they started to re-veg! So they started stretching again and I had to put the greenpoints all the way down on the ground now. It's really not all bad since its kind of an experiment in monster cropping. I think they are going to have some serious monster buds because of the re-veg but we'll see. Some Pics.

View attachment 822484
View attachment 822485
Cookies N Chem
View attachment 822486

Black Mamba
View attachment 822487

Tomahawk
View attachment 822488

Have a great week farmers!

What a trip.

Had a similar thing happen to my garden. Smoke from the fires caused a slightly early bloom. The smoke cleared and they started to reveg then shifted back again. Luckily it had just barely started. Only veg'd for a week then picked up where they left off, with a bit of stretch. It did throw their feeding regimen off something fierce though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom